Full well area or short? Help, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired

Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

Just out of college and would like to use enhancements with the shortened well area, like you would for clients with a small nail bed. Well, my tutor said that these would not be so strong in the stress area as a full well, but I think it is down to the product and how it is applied. :irked: Am I right, or just being niaive?!!! :green: Thanks so much. Love the site loads.

Babs :hug:

yes youre right the strength is in the product and not the tip ,if you are using tips with a well youre going to remove it anyway by blending,theres lots of posts and tutorials on blending etc
good luck with it hth

Just out of college and would like to use enhancements with the shortened well area, like you would for clients with a small nail bed. Well, my tutor said that these would not be so strong in the stress area as a full well, but I think it is down to the product and how it is applied. :irked: Am I right, or just being niaive?!!! :green:
You will have a stronger enhancement if you pretailor the tips before application, use curved scissors to reduce the contact area of the well, leaving just a slither of tip to adhere to the nailplate. Providing your enhancement is structured correctly (ie apex in right place etc) you will have a perfectly strong enhancement, the product provides the strength not the tip.

hth's

Thank you both so much. :hug: I will practice and practice and one day, Sandi, I want to do nails like you!! Just had a look at your gallery. OMG!! They are brilliant!! :)

Babs:Grope:

When I did use tips, I personally preferred "well-less". Nothing to cut out, and no shadow either (like some cheapie brands have?). Saves time since you don't have to cut them or whatever. Then I could just sit the tip where I wanted it.
As said above, strength is all in the product and not in the 'tips'.

You'll find TONNES of helpful information and helpful GEEKS on this site. Lovely people here.
WELCOME!!

ps: YES Sandi DOES do beautiful work :green:

Hi and welcome!

When I use tips that have large wells I just file the wells down a bit with an efile or simply by hand filing. The tip well should be covering about 1/3 of the nail bed. HTH

Latest posts

Back