Fume extraction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katy Weaver

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a fume extraction for a mobile nail technician please

Filtronics in Sweden has just announced a portable dust and chemical vapour system. I have requested prices.

Thanks, cant be too expensive as just starting out

I believe Katy it is in the region of 550 Euro, which is half of what other fixed systems cost. An air filter system that extracts more than 99% of vapours requires an active carbon filter that has a minimum size of 1kg. Most fixed and portable filter systems don't meet this spec and are not worth buying IMHO.

Better that until you can afford a good system, that you use a face mask that is rated to EN 149 that will protect you from both large visible dust and extremely small invisible dust. You can get these masks in B&Q etc - they are used by carpenters, painters etc.

Ravair Ltd have just introduced a small portable fume extractor, ideal for mobile therapists, and at under £100 a great price. It is not suitable for large busy salons but for small single person operations, especially mobile it is great. It has been Independently Laboratory Tested by Sly Filters UK, who are experts in this field and their International Arm, based in New York, work with Nasa on the space lab. The Independent 6 Page Report, proves conclusively, that this unit works to "at least 99.999% efficiency in removing Methyl/Ethyl Methacrylate C5H802 / C6H1002 at higher than normal operational loadings.The unit may also be removing other organic and inorganic odours present in the atmosphere to below detectable levels" The full report is attached.

Attachments

• Ravair Desk Top Nail Bar Monomer Acrylic Extraction System Performance T....pdf
    612.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Ravair Desk Top Nail Bar Monomer Acrylic Extraction System Performance T....pdf
    612.5 KB · Views: 23
Is this on their website yet? I can only see one that is just under £200.

Edit; Never mind. Found it. Going to invest in the dust and fume LED ones.

Last edited:
I use the VODEX pure beauty, this has an arm that removes particles directly from your breathing zone. I am getting on well with it so far, it appeared to be the best source capture system I could find in the UK.

I use the VODEX pure beauty, this has an arm that removes particles directly from your breathing zone. I am getting on well with it so far, it appeared to be the best source capture system I could find in the UK.

Attachments

• 31SNnwIwM8L.jpg
    31SNnwIwM8L.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 41CJUvUoBhL.jpg
    41CJUvUoBhL.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 41DH6HnImUL.jpg
    41DH6HnImUL.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
  • 51A4vJKW6xL.jpg
    51A4vJKW6xL.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 71evsanfJnL._SL1500_.jpg
    71evsanfJnL._SL1500_.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 71VjiN+T4gL._SL1500_.jpg
    71VjiN+T4gL._SL1500_.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 81eIu1+ul7L._SL1500_.jpg
    81eIu1+ul7L._SL1500_.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 81g49ilgEpL._SL1500_.jpg
    81g49ilgEpL._SL1500_.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 81jHte29dDL._SL1500_.jpg
    81jHte29dDL._SL1500_.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 5
Again, bear in mind that a competent vapour extractor should have a minimum of 1kg of active carbon filter. Filters that use cassette filters containing both dust and material impregnated with carbon are not adequate!

Latest posts

Back