fun/quirky things to do on Open Evening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
the time is drawer nearer to my open evening on Nov 1st, and have been getting ready to promote myself on the evening.

I've asked everyone to pop over between 5.30-7.30pm to meet me, have a chat and a glass of wine.

I've asked loads of friends and colleagues to pop along, and as its the hairdressers late opening, I'm hoping it will draw lots of attention and get everyone interested and curious.

So, don't want to do food, but thought offer a nice red or white.

Going to have a balloon raffle.
Write down the prizes on small pieces of paper, insert them into the balloon, inflate balloon and sell them. I've had personalised balloons made up, so will mix some of them with plain ones. The prizes will be free treatments, crystal chip bracelets and homemade bathbombs, also other few bits.
Stuck on how much I should charge for the balloons, as the idea is that everyone gets a prize of some description. Should I charge £1 or £2???:rolleyes:

Information bag.
a treatment leaflet, a special offer voucher (in postcard form), herbal tea bags, chocolates, description of a treatment. Will give these out to everyone.

And thats it! I'm stuck for other things to do. Should I offer 10% off if they book a treatment on the evening? I've put on the leaflets that I shall give goodie bags to the first 15 clients, so hoping that will entice them to book.

A demonstration on a service(s) you do?

I think you do reiki, what about reiki taster?

Although if there is just you it is difficult to do this as you are entertaining.

What about free footspa - very spa like and not much outlay or work for you? Apart from emptying them in between clients?

Or free nail paint - you can chat to people when working?

hiya
id defo say the 10% off if they book a treatment on that night is good, we did that and people get swept up in the atmosphere and will book. than its a case of keeping them!
Good luck
Jen

Latest posts

Back