functions of skin bugging me..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
one of my questions in my work book is to list the functions of the skin i have a special thing which is SHAPES VB well a lot of people use not just me.

anyway I CAN'T REMEMBER THE B and it's annoying me any help would be fabby thanks!!

Secretion
Heat regulation
Absorption
Protection
Excretion
Sensitivity
Vitamin D
B ??????? OOH is it blood store? god i used to know all this off by heart.

Last edited:
I know there's a site rule about not helping with homework but this is bugging me now :lol:
Just a wild guess would it be 'Barrier'

:hug:

I am so glad you have brought this up Del!

Where is this rule written??It is not in the Geek Commandments!!!

Yes I have read countless threads in which people state we are not here to do students assignments, and I do agree, when every year at the start of exam time there is a plethora of threads on here from 1st time posters asking answers to assignments.

BUT sometimes I do think people can go a bit OTT in the way they answer...I mean they might as well say **** Off and be done with it :eek:

BUT...we can use common sense can't we??

This girl has done here homework, she is almost there, and has shown she has got most of the work done. She just needs an ANSWER!!.....a pound to a penny when someoene posts it she will slap her forehead and shout...I KNEW that!!!!

In fact it has taken me so long to type this, re think this, spellcheck this...that surely the answer is already posted............

i had my skincare exam a few weeks ago and off the top of my head i'm sure we didnt have a 'B...' where i am taught, we just had SHAPES and vit. D...
Am off to hunt out my book now as its got me thinking...

one of my questions in my work book is to list the functions of the skin i have a special thing which is SHAPES VB well a lot of people use not just me.

anyway I CAN'T REMEMBER THE B and it's annoying me any help would be fabby thanks!!

Secretion
Heat regulation
Absorption
Protection
Excretion
Sensitivity
Vitamin D

Well done for getting the majority of them already. The last one is Barrier ie the skin acts as a water resistant barrier so essential nutrients aren't washed out of the body.

Secretion
Heat regulation
Absorption
Protection
Excretion
Sensitivity
Vitamin D

Just realised you might have anserd our own question...well done :hug:
AND thank you for putting me out of my misery :lol:

Nope, have just gone through my notes and i dont have a 'b', i will be interested to see what yours is.

Yes I have read countless threads in which people state we are not here to do students assignments, and I do agree, when every year at the start of exam time there is a plethora of threads on here from 1st time posters asking answers to assignments.

BUT sometimes I do think people can go a bit OTT in the way they answer...I mean they might as well say **** Off and be done with it :eek:

This girl has done here homework, she is almost there, and has shown she has got most of the work done. She just needs an ANSWER!!.....a pound to a penny when someoene posts it she will slap her forehead and shout...I KNEW that!!!!

In fact it has taken me so long to type this, re think this, spellcheck this...that surely the answer is already posted............

Totally agree with you. I also agree that answers to homework should not be given but to those who blatently ask just about the whole contents of their home work sheet because they cant be bothered to look it up.
There are genuine people on here that are genuinely stuck. It's really starting to annoy me that people just say 'ask your tutor' and things like that. It's not very helpful and I think those that dont want to help should not reply and leave it to those of us that do want to help :hug: xxx

Last edited:

Totaly agree Izzi.
A subject worthy of its own thread IMO

Bah.
We were only taught SHAPES VD....no B.

& I was the only idiot to snigger at the VD part aswell. :smack: :rolleyes:

AWW thank you everyone..

Specially for some people's support.

I wasn't aware about the homework thing, but in a way everyone's thread is regarding homework isn't it as every bit of research you do is technically homework..
i'm just going through my stuff double checking it's correct so when i go back to do research i want to make sure i'm reading the correct info..

I'm not the type that would just turn round and ask you all to answer my homework i wouldn't learn that way!

Hi, we were taught SHAPES VM, (ITEC) so melanin formation would be the one you're missing

I checked my notes too - no "B" - surely barrier comes under "P" for protection anyway, so you had the answer anyway.

PS: Meant to say "well done" for listing all the functions.

Latest posts

Back