funding for creative courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what a kettle of fish lol.

Its easy to jump down peoples throats but those people who receive training will soon be income producing workers who will be adding to our pension schemes and NHS etc in the future.

Well what a kettle of fish lol.

Its easy to jump down peoples throats but those people who receive training will soon be income producing workers who will be adding to our pension schemes and NHS etc in the future.

Exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't word it properly! I'd rather my tax went towards someone who wants to make a go of their life and who will eventually add to the economy, rather than funding someone to sit on their backside all day, every day, watching the Jeremy Kyle show!

Exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't word it properly! I'd rather my tax went towards someone who wants to make a go of their life and who will eventually add to the economy, rather than funding someone to sit on their backside all day, every day, watching the Jeremy Kyle show!

TOTALLY AGREE with you.

At least someone going out trying to get an education (no matter what that is) is trying to do something with their lives.

I detest people that sit at home (who are more than capable of getting a job or eduction), but find it easier to go pick up their dole money every week because there are smucks like us who get up every morning and work our bums off and pay tax so that they can sit at home and do nothing !!

:evil::evil::evil:

Hi,

This was demonstrated quite clearly when I was doing my VTCT qualifications. There were about 12 girls on my Mani / Pedi course, 5 of us who had to pay out of our own pocket and who wanted to be there. The rest were very young girls who didn't want to be there, but had to do "something" in order to keep getting their benefits. They had no problem admitting this publicly either.

-----
Same here, I was the only "pensioner" so to speak, the others were on benefits out of a class of 8 and I can honestly say only 3 of us ( 5 have dropped out) have taken it seriously and want to do something with our qualification.

each job centre funds diffently and there appears to be no set criteria but what is in the pot ? make your appication before the year end ,end march, at the the end of year there is no money in the pot !! It is worth a tryxx
I was receiving family tax credit and wanted help with course fees. I phoned everybody and asked for help and finally I got lucky.
The local job centre told me about the ERA scheme.
Basically if you are receiving family tax credit and are working part time they will give you tuition fees of up to £1000 + £8.00 for every hour that you study...Yippee!!
I used this money to do the creative foundation course, Skill building + Spa manicure & pedicure.
I would never have known about this scheme if I hadn't been a pain in the butt and nagged.
I can't say if this scheme is still going but its worth a try.

I dont agree Im having getting funding you have to remember people on low incomes dont choose to be I'm hoping to get funding if not I'll scrape every penny I have together to do the course and try and give my daughter and myself a better life than the one we have right now.Worrying how to heat ur house aint fu I can tell you

My reply to this thread is not sour grapes in the least.......I am all for proper education to raise the standards for our Industry but why should I have to pay into the system for others to take it out and recieve free training and education when I feel the money that I pay into the system could be put to better uses such as hospitals, nursing homes and better education and after school resources for children. I've read that some have no other option but to recieve benefits to get their education..... well here's another option, take responsibility for yourself, get a job and pay for your education instead of expecting others to pay for you.
David

This is a very short sighted and selfish view. When you are well off yourself it is very easy to cast judgement and say "why should my hard earned taxes pay for this that and the other", however if you are on the receiving end of having no skills and no job prospects life just isnt that easy or simple. Surely you would prefer for your taxes to pay to help someone get job prospects, eventually this puts them in the job market, gets them off benefits and gets them paying tax themselves?? Alternatively people will just stay on benefits because they are better off on them than getting a low paid job, thats the more expensive option to the taxpayer. Like someone else has said, its nice to see tax money going towards someone who wants to work for a change, rather than the usual funding of fags and cheap cider for dole dossers, I know where I would prefer my money to go.
Years ago, I was a young single mum with no prospects, no job etc, and I used the financial support of the government to get qualified, and as a result I ended up in a highly paid job, off benefits completely, and was paying tax through the hind teeth! Had it not been for that bit of financial help back then I would still be on benefits now, thats a fact. So which was cheaper, a few grand to get me through uni, or eleven years worth of benefits??????
Im in a position now where I can pay for my own nail traning, equipment etc, but I would never look down on someone who needs some help to succeed, if anything they are to be admired, as sitting on the dole is the easy way out.

oh and p.s - regards finding training and funding - I would highly recommend learn direct, I rang them about nail courses when Hyperion went bust and I thought I would have to find a new training provider and they had info on dozens of local courses, they are very good and very helpful.

Latest posts

Back