Fundraising Pamper Event

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
Hi

I have been invited to participate in a fundraising pamper event on the 14th October - I'm so excited as this will be good for advertising.

Treatments are 15 mins or half hr and only charging £5 or £10 and a £1 goes towards the charity. I am thinking on doing waxing, mini mani's, pedi's, shape and polish, NNO and hollywood toes.

Apparently there is expected to be 60 ladies at the event. The organiser wants us to contribute 60 items to be put into goody bags to be given out at the door.

initially i was thinking solar oil but for 60 of those to give away for free this will cost too much for me and apart from the advertising I will make a loss.
then i was thinking a nail file but where can i buy them in bulk.
any other ideas?

I dont have 60 price lists printed and theres no way I will be able to get vistaprint to do them in time. Do you think it would look bad if I photocopied my brochures.

then i was thinking should I make posters to stick to the table, promotions, gift vouchers - which I havn't got either.

With the gift vouchers I was thinking to promote them via a poster then get how ever many printed and then post them out to them.

my god there is so much to think about, I dont know where to start, my head is buzzing thats why this thread is sooo long.:lol:

any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks fellow geeks!!:Love:

me again :lol:

forgot to mention, apparently I can retail there as well but as im mobile and newly started i dont have retail items so dont know where to start there either and what and where can I buy items to make a profit. Aarghh!!:eek:

Why don't you give money off vouchers for the goody bags, say £10 off when you spend £30, that way it doesn't cost you anything and you may gain some clients. If you put a product in, how will they know it's from you? and it will cost you a money.

me again :lol:

forgot to mention, apparently I can retail there as well but as im mobile and newly started i dont have retail items so dont know where to start there either and what and where can I buy items to make a profit. Aarghh!!:eek:

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you! Got a charity pamper event the same day as you but am newly started and won't be able to get price lists done in time! But deffo going to use the occasion to try and shift some vouchers and give out my business cards.

Re gift vouchers, to tide me over I've got some gift voucher cards from the wholesalers which I'll make out for whatever the client wants - but I have business card stickers from Vistaprint that I stick inside. I'd like to get some bespoke ones printed at some stage but for now I need focus on making money instead of spending it lol.

Good luck with your event! x

Tina i got a mail from Vista today offering free 3 day delivery on orders over 30e and 25 free brochures aswell. Im not sure if your on their mailing list but if you want me to forward it to you pm me your email address. You could photocopy them if you were stuck but if your going to need more soon anyways you may be aswell to just order them. Especially if your getting nearly half of what you need free!

I agree with Lou Lou re the vouchers in the gift bags. If you donate Solar oil or whatever then it'll cost you and they'll prob just be chuffed with their free gift and you may never see them again. If you give a voucher in each for say 25% off their first treatment then its not costing you anything and it'll give them a reason to go to you so hopefully you'll get some new customers! its win win!
People love discounts!

Best of luck with it xx

I am also going to be attending a fundraising event in about 5 weeks time!
I am going to offer small treatments too. But dont know what! Thinking spray tanning and manicures for £10 each.

I agree about the free gift though, you dont want to end up losing too much! Just a voucher offer as that way the only cost to you is the printing of them and if nobody comes to you from that then you have not lost much! You will probably find that if someone gets it and doesnt want it they will pass onto a friend/family member!

Funnily enough I have a Ladies Pamper Evening to go to tonight. It's the 1st one I will have done in ages & I'd forgotten how much organising it takes & how much stuff you need!!

I've got a couple of colleagues going with me & they will be doing eyebrow waxing, mini mans, and hand & arm massage.

I'll be doing most of the 'spieling' lol, & ie getting peeps to book in for our special offers (have one especially for Breast Cancer Awareness), & getting them to enter our competition. I find this is usually a great way to get clients through the door, plus you have their contact details to send info out to at a later date (if they've agreed of course).

I've also been busy beavering away this week making up loads of smellies like body scrubs so will be demonstrating those on peeps, in the hopes I get some orders :green:

hi

i see the nail files on ebay, good price but i wonder if there is any catch as they are from hong kong plus i dont think i will get them in time.

the organiser wants me to donate something other than money off vouchers.

I just had a look on ebay - 10 nail files for 99p

10x Professional Nail File Buffing Sandpaper Slim Black on eBay (end time 23-Oct-10 06:59:37 BST)

But I would attatch them to a business card or maybe a price list with 10% discount voucher. You want the clients to know the gift is from you and ideally get some business from it.

Good luck!

Oh, another thing i would say is to stick to one or two treatments on the night to save on lots of setting up/clearing up time.

i just found 50 nail files on b.. expr... for under £3, not sure if they are the best nail files but they say they are the best selling ones, im going to tie a bow of ribbon round the nail and thread it through one of my business cards.

just bumping this up for any other ideas!:confused:

Take someone with you to help with enquiries & handing out leaflets etc

Funnily enough I have a Ladies Pamper Evening to go to tonight. It's the 1st one I will have done in ages & I'd forgotten how much organising it takes & how much stuff you need!!

I've got a couple of colleagues going with me & they will be doing eyebrow waxing, mini mans, and hand & arm massage.

I'll be doing most of the 'spieling' lol, & ie getting peeps to book in for our special offers (have one especially for Breast Cancer Awareness), & getting them to enter our competition. I find this is usually a great way to get clients through the door, plus you have their contact details to send info out to at a later date (if they've agreed of course).

I've also been busy beavering away this week making up loads of smellies like body scrubs so will be demonstrating those on peeps, in the hopes I get some orders :green:

hiya
just wondering how your event went, did it go well?

Latest posts

Back