Fungal infection-can Shellac be applied?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliciaGain

Reaction score
Hi,
Hope you can help.
I have a client who is desperate for shellac but has a fungal infection on one toe. Would you recommend me to tell her not to do it until infection has gone or would u apply it?
Thanks in advance.

Leave it til the infection has gone or you are at risk of passing it to all your clients x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't do the shellac as you could spread the infection to other nails or other clients. Advise her to go to the Drs to get some medication for it and ask her to let you know once it's cleared up so you can book her in xx

Hi,
Hope you can help.
I have a client who is desperate for shellac but has a fungal infection on one toe. Would you recommend me to tell her not to do it until infection has gone or would u apply it?
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't apply it simply because fungus loves dark, damp places so coating the infected nail would be making the perfect conditions for it to thrive.

That and not wanting the risk of cross contamination.

Has she had a doctor/podiatrist confirm that it is fungal? If so they should have her on the appropriate treatment to clear it up.

Latest posts

Back