Fungal nail infection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeanneKG

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve just qualified and this evening I completed a pedi & gel polish on a friend. Her big toes had a large area covered in white. Almost like she had a calcium deficiency or had previously picked off polish/gels (neither of which she has done). I continued with the treatment, as I didn’t think it was fungal. The other toes were all ok, there was no yellowing of the nail etc.
However, now looking back I am super concerned it’s a fungal nail infection! And if that’s the case. Will my gel polishes be contaminated?

I have attached a photo...

Thanks in advance to any advice I may get!
2A774438-08B2-4425-B512-249331686562.jpeg

Hey Leanne [emoji112]

You needn't worry [emoji173]️

White marks like these are called pseudo leukonychia , pseudo just means on top and leukonychia means white spots

This happens when someone's wears any nail coating for too long , even regular nail polish , and is not using solar oil to keep them hydrated

Hey Leanne [emoji112]

You needn't worry [emoji173]️

White marks like these are called pseudo leukonychia , pseudo just means on top and leukonychia means white spots

This happens when someone's wears any nail coating for too long , even regular nail polish , and is not using solar oil to keep them hydrated

Thank you so much for your advice! X

Latest posts

Back