Funny driving stories!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Well, this sounds funny now, but a little mad at the time. My daughter had just passed her driving test about 3 years ago and whilst I was delighted for her, my own distress began. When she drove herself for the first time to work, I decided to leave the house about 5 minutes after she did and yes I did, I followed the poor girl to work just to make sure she got there. Then I would cry the whole way home worrying about her having to come back home again. As if that wasn't bad enough, if I heard an ambulance around the time she was due home, off I went again up the road in a panic to see if it was her. It took me about 3 weeks before I could stop this terrible behaviour. My son passed his test about 1 1/2 years after her and thankfully it was much easier that time. I still to this day get a bit uneasy if I hear an ambulance and they are both due home.

Have any of you a funny story to tell, whether it be driving lessons or something else driving related?

Not really funny, especially financially, but I didn't pass my practical test until the 9th time! I've never heard of anyone who can top that. I bet you're all laughing now! My instructor was mortified every time. In the end I think he thought I was doing it on purpose to wind him up as I was a very confident and capable driver. It was just the test itself that frightened me to death. No amount of Kalms helped. The nerves would take over and I'd be a crumbling mess. :rolleyes:

I remain a nervous driver till this very day. I cannot drive through Cities and if I see a cone on the road I freak out :eek:

Not really funny, especially financially, but I didn't pass my practical test until the 9th time! I've never heard of anyone who can top that. I bet you're all laughing now! My instructor was mortified every time. In the end I think he thought I was doing it on purpose to wind him up as I was a very confident and capable driver. It was just the test itself that frightened me to death. No amount of Kalms helped. The nerves would take over and I'd be a crumbling mess. :rolleyes:

My friend took 11times to pass.... She took someone's wing mirror off on one test!

I passed first time but there were lots of tears! First thing I was asked to do as soon as we left the test centre was a reverse round a corner. It was so awful I was convinced I had failed so started crying as was so upset I had managed to fail within the first 5 mins and he might as well take me back to the test centre. The instructor managed to calm me down and I carried on and at the end of the test told me I had passed and I just got a minor for the reversing! Was so shocked and cried again lol!

On my second test the instructor ducked down and covered his head as he thought I was going to crash ! I laughed so hard.... I failed that one and passed third time.

I can remember many years ago when my mum finally passed her test and she wanted to take us out for a drive. So there's Dad in the passenger seat and us 3 kids in the back. All going good till we come to a junction :eek:! When we started off again the car kangaroos the whole way across the road. Dad is shouting at mum and us kids can't stop laughing in the back and all of us sliding down the seat while poor mum is screaming and shouting at us to stop. Priceless now when I Iook back :D

Hoping to hear a funny story from Virtues about her scooter :D

I passed on my 5th, I had 5/6 instructors also lol.

On my final test I had a breakdown before I even left the test centre. My foot and leg could not stop shaking in the clutch. It was awful.

I passed though and it was the best feeling ever. Now I'm a law unto myself. I have such bad road rage with utter idiots on the road. I have no idea how some people pass their test.

We were on our way back from Yorkshire in August and some BMW wan**r was up my bum all the way down the motorway. I moved lane and he moved. I sped up and he was too much of a wuss to catch up. I then slowed down and he drove past to which he received some lovely hand gestures :) this carried on for around 20 minutes.

Another thing I find hilarious and annoying is people who decide to cut me up or pull out on me and then proceed to do 10 mile an hour. Also people who don't use their indicators, do people just think they are there for fun?

I passed on my 5th, I had 5/6 instructors also lol.

On my final test I had a breakdown before I even left the test centre. My foot and leg could not stop shaking in the clutch. It was awful.

I passed though and it was the best feeling ever. Now I'm a law unto myself. I have such bad road rage with utter idiots on the road. I have no idea how some people pass their test.

We were on our way back from Yorkshire in August and some BMW wan**r was up my bum all the way down the motorway. I moved lane and he moved. I sped up and he was too much of a wuss to catch up. I then slowed down and he drove past to which he received some lovely hand gestures :) this carried on for around 20 minutes.

Another thing I find hilarious and annoying is people who decide to cut me up or pull out on me and then proceed to do 10 mile an hour. Also people who don't use their indicators, do people just think they are there for fun?

I have found that taxis don't appear to be fitted with indicators anymore. Must be a manufacturing fault. :wink2:

I can remember many years ago when my mum finally passed her test and she wanted to take us out for a drive. So there's Dad in the passenger seat and us 3 kids in the back. All going good till we come to a junction :eek:! When we started off again the car kangaroos the whole way across the road. Dad is shouting at mum and us kids can't stop laughing in the back and all of us sliding down the seat while poor mum is screaming and shouting at us to stop. Priceless now when I Iook back :D

Hoping to hear a funny story from Virtues about her scooter :D

Ha ha I'll have to make something up for you... But in the meantime a few real stories that I remember.

The day I passed my test, after my instructor took me home I got in my car and drove from New Milton to Portsmouth...drove so fast down the M27 that I got stopped by the police who proceeded to tell me that I was doing 97 mph...I argued with him that in no way would my car go that fast...ha ha and he let me go...wouldn't happen these days..

Twice I've been driving in Southampton, the first incident a guy stepped out in front of the car in front of me and went straight under the wheels. The second time a big German shepherd dog ran out and went under the wheels of the car in front and ended up on the bonnet of my car.

I've seen a guy at the side of the road with a missing head from a car accident..gross!
I've seen loads more but I spend my life driving up and down the country..in the last two weeks I've been to Hull, Middlesbrough, Selby, Carlisle, Nottingham I'm now sitting in an hotel in Castle Donington...home tomorrow.... Yay.

A few years ago now a group of us would travel around the country having weekend drinking sessions..these were great times. I often drove, and the girls with me would continually whip there tops down and expose themselves to a coach load of old peeps...the laughs we used to have were priceless.....

Ha ha I'll have to make something up for you... But in the meantime a few real stories that I remember.

The day I passed my test, after my instructor took me home I got in my car and drove from New Milton to Portsmouth...drove so fast down the M27 that I got stopped by the police who proceeded to tell me that I was doing 97 mph...I argued with him that in no way would my car go that fast...ha ha and he let me go...wouldn't happen these days..

Twice I've been driving in Southampton, the first incident a guy stepped out in front of the car in front of me and went straight under the wheels. The second time a big German shepherd dog ran out and went under the wheels of the car in front and ended up on the bonnet of my car.

I've seen a guy at the side of the road with a missing head from a car accident..gross!
I've seen loads more but I spend my life driving up and down the country..in the last two weeks I've been to Hull, Middlesbrough, Selby, Carlisle, Nottingham I'm now sitting in an hotel in Castle Donington...home tomorrow.... Yay.

A few years ago now a group of us would travel around the country having weekend drinking sessions..these were great times. I often drove, and the girls with me would continually whip there tops down and expose themselves to a coach load of old peeps...the laughs we used to have were priceless.....

A few years ago you were still nearly ancient virtues so glad you were driving and not pulling your top up otherwise the old peeps would have been looking down and not up :D

Oops just noticed the old peeps were high up in a coach, so they would not have been able to see anything unless your knees held them up !

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my provisional ten years! Numerous driving instructors. But at 27 years of age I passed my theory first time, my driving test first time and actually took my test in my own little Punto. My driver test instructor laughed his arse off that I'd had my provisional that long! Cheeky bugger!

A few years ago you were still nearly ancient virtues so glad you were driving and not pulling your top up otherwise the old peeps would have been looking down and not up :D

Oops just noticed the old peeps were high up in a coach, so they would not have been able to see anything unless your knees held them up !

Ha ha ha .... I managed to stand on one once....the pain!!

A friend if mine spent a few weeks following the bus to work as she didnt know how else to get there.
She eventually did brave a more direct route. I think she got there. Mind you I haven't heard from her in a long time ! She could be still going around the Red Cow roundabout , round and round and round . Lol

The tester actually pulled the handbrake in my second test, and I left my glasses (which Im legally required to have on while driving) on top of my head the whole time.

Needless to say I failed!

A friend if mine spent a few weeks following the bus to work as she didnt know how else to get there.
She eventually did brave a more direct route. I think she got there. Mind you I haven't heard from her in a long time ! She could be still going around the Red Cow roundabout , round and round and round . Lol

One of my biggest fears when I passed was how to get to places, out of my local area.

Id never needed to know before, so didn't pay much attention as a passenger.

I actually cried when I was across the other side of town, in a supermarket car park. I didn't know how to get to my friends house, (to be fair it borders the next city) my mind regularly draws a blank on the easiest/quickest route if it isn't one I travel often. I HATE being asked for directions...Its the pressure, & my lack of attention.

Thankfully as time went on I became better at remembering. & when all else fails I have my sat nav!

Xx

One of my biggest fears when I passed was how to get to places, out of my local area.

Id never needed to know before, so didn't pay much attention as a passenger.

I actually cried when I was across the other side of town, in a supermarket car park. I didn't know how to get to my friends house, (to be fair it borders the next city) my mind regularly draws a blank on the easiest/quickest route if it isn't one I travel often. I HATE being asked for directions...Its the pressure, & my lack of attention.

Thankfully as time went on I became better at remembering. & when all else fails I have my sat nav!

Xx

Lol I was always getting lost when I first started driving. I always thought I knew where I was going but somehow managed to almost always go wrong.

Or on the odd occasion I was going further afield, it would be dangerous driving with a printout of of the AA route finder on my lap... So glad we now have sat navs... much safer lol!

Latest posts

Back