Funny things our dogs do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
We have had a lot on dogs getting nasty at the mo so I thought I would start one on what annoys us about our dogs and why we love them so much.

My dog always hangs round the dishwasher when we fill it with dirty plates and licks them even though Im trying to shut the door on the dishwasher.

Also if my son has left food on his plate in his room, she waits till he comes down then runs up to his room and clears his plate...did I tell you she was a greedy dog?

When Im sad, she sits by my side really close so I have to stroke her, she gives the best cuddles ever...love the smell of her ears (even thought they stink really!!!)

She loves a kiss and a cuddle from my son, it as though she needs one just as much as him!!

She steals loaves of bread from the kitchen and eats the lot and likes raw potatoes!!

she goes ape-**** when the postman comes but wags her tail when we see him on a walk!!

Mine bury's herself in the sand, goes for a poo 3 miles that way :Look_righ , chewed the tumble, freezer & a pair of shoes (not funy at the time but is now), constantly gives us her paw & opens the front door ... I havent taught her to close it yet though!!

Oooh also if I have my hair up in a pony tail, she chews it !!!

I have a Bulldog who burps for England (both ends!!) and its so funny as it always sounds so human but its not so good to smell!
She hates going for a walk and when we pick her lead up she runs to her bed and refuses to move, so we have to pick her up(not easy as she weighs about 5 stone!) and put her outside!
She loves licking the cats bottom! She runs behind him and lifts him up as she does it while he makes this funny little noise!

One of my dogs does this turning round and round motion.... for absolutely ages, before she finally lays down!! :eek: :lol:

And.. 2 of them try to watch you if your eating.. the second you look in their direction trying to catch them looking at you, they promptly look away, as if to say, 'I'm not looking, its not me!' Thats got to be the funniest!! LOL:lol: :lol:

My mum's staffie howls and cries if he hears a certain male singer ( any song ) ....... can't think who though right now,i will ask mum .

I have two dogs......my little pug( Dollar) likes to watch tv and gets really uptight if you happen to be watching the discovery channel....absoulutly has a hissy when animal appear on the screen! also he does the round and round bit when going potty takes forever.......loves to go on walks but the poor old man usually drags behind .I'll be heartbroken when he goes .....he's 12....:cry:
My black lab (Leroy)is funny he also likes to lick the dishes as they are being loaded....and when you eat....he has these big drips of drool that hang out each side of his mouth......he also pass's wind.... allott.....sometimes they( the toots ) sound like a human and he will lift his ears like to say ' what was that?' and then proceed to smell the air....then get up and leave because it smells so bad!:eek: .......they make me giggle everyday....I love my Dollar and Leroy to bits!!:hug: :hug:

My alsatian cross is 13 now and going senile, she tries to wander off on her own if the kids leave the door open, but her funniest is her howling through the night for biscuits it's as if she is hungry all the time it's a pain in the neck but I suppose just going back to 4 hour feeds with the kids.

She has been so loyal and good for our family i feel it's the least I can do for her

The in law's dog is funny, when Tommy passes wind he will look at you as to say oh my god how rude! Can't believe you did that! lol. It always makes me giggle, and my friend's dog barks in tune when Eastenders comes on, it is so funny!

my cav jack loves to drag his bum across the carpet when we have visitors, he also
sleeps in my bed, under the quilt with head on my pillow (hubby hates it)
puts his gravy bones in my shoes
eats his breakfast off a spoon at the table like a baby
i could go on and on
he is my best friend, my baby, and totaly utterly LOVEABLE:hug:

Well Pazzy my cocker is just like your dog! But Max my cross breed is the real character and loves to sing - especially to Lulu's "Shout".

my westie toddy, when i have been out and come through to the lounge, he has allways got one of my slippers in his mouth, my boys say its because he is making sure i am not going to go out again

I have got 2 dogs, a Westie and a Border Cross/Springer Spaniel.The Westie is a darling,if you stop stroking her she will make crying noises to get you to start again.

My Collie cross is just ball and stone mad.We dont throw stones for her but in our garden we have grey slate stones with potted plants over the top.She will pick a stone up and drop it on your foot,if you ignore her she will get another stone.

By the time she has finished you have about 5 or 6 stones all laid out neatly on your shoe/slipper,with her looking at you just willing you to throw one of them.Bless:hug:

Have to ignore her though otherwise she would never stop.

I love my dogs and am a real animal lover.It's a real shame about the recent press over the dog attacks.

Not all dogs are nasty.They always give me the most lovely welcome,even if I have only been gone for 10 minutes.They are warm and cuddly,never complain,I couldn't live without a dog in the house and they are forever loyal and I love them very much.:hug:

just looking after my mums Lhaso apso at the moment, she definitely thinks she is human.

To be fair this occured before my mum got her.

my friend got her whilst suffering from cancer and treated this little one like a princess and when she passed away my mum took her although they have retrained her a lot she still has a few Diva moments:)

George....
George is my wee old man, even as a pup, he had a bit of 'old man' in him BUT by the same token, he can be quite a puppy in other ways.

He's a 10 yr old pekeingse. Although pure and registered etc, he's the lumberjack of pekes, too big for shows. Too tall, too long... They're supposed to weigh about 10lbs He's 19 AND he's NOT fat, that's what's odd. Even the vets are shocked asking "IS HE PURE?".

Anyway, he has this thing about when he wants a belly rub, he'll flop on his back and swish side to side, twisting and groaning. then you rub his belly. When you stop, he starts up again:lol: When he's not shaved, he looks like a
silly dustmop.
May-02 Geoge cleaning floor photo from pets pictures on webshots
and him shaved and not looking like a dustmop LOL
George under tree photo from pets pictures on webshots
and his usual position on my couch
George snoozing on pillow#2 photo from pets pictures on webshots
And lastly.... halloween LOL
99-Jul George Biker photo from pets pictures on webshots
OH YES, can't forget xmas lol.. Reindeer antlers and all:lol:
00-Dec George Reindeer photo from pets pictures on webshots

He's ALWAYS following me, up and down, round and round, between my feet. Never far, even if I get up for only half a second, he's there. Quiet, but there. I can't even shower or pee by myself :irked: :lol:

That's my 'furrface' hehe
love him to bits

My dog doesn't really do anything that amusing but has the patience of a saint. Rachel (my 5 year old) recently took to putting her long ears up on top of her head with butterfly clips whilst "doing her hair".
I had her clipped this week and she looks more like a beagle than a cavalier king charles spaniel. As she's not so furry Rachel can't do her hair anymore and the poor dog can have a bit of peace.
Mind you, last night Rachel found every cuddly toy she could and had her hiding and pretending to be a teddy. She puts up with so much but has never lost her temper.

Oh Vicky your furface is sooo cute. i have two japanese akitas and when the ice cream man comes round and plays the tune from his van they both sit there howling for an ice cream, i do give in some times but not very often as it cant be good for them but it is so hard to resist

LOL Yeah, akitas like to howl don't they? a Friend had one.. Geez, she was always 'talking' either with growls and squeaks and this weird noise or she was singing aka howling LOL

PS: I think he's cute too HEHEH and anyone who doesn't think so isn't welcome at my house:lol: :lol: of all the dogs I've had, he's the cutest and is literally a teddybear. All he wants to do is cuddle and be loved. He's a wee mouse without a smidge of aggression in him

I'd say nearly all my clients adore him. Some bring him pressies such as doggie biscuits and such. Another - a dog owner herself - is at this moment.. ... doing... guess what? BAKING HOME MADE doggie biscuits to see if he likes them as he's so picky:lol: :lol: (he'll eat any old food, but only eats Pedigree marrowbone cookies and none other, NOT EVEN pricey ones from the vet)

I have one client who's afraid of him:rolleyes: No idea why. Must have had a bad experience.. he's always kept away from clients with a gate unless they request I let him out (as most do since he looks so forlorn peeking through the gate at them haha)

EVERYONE is a sucker for his sucky face and gives him all the belly rubs he wants. No one is immune (except the nervous client). He even directs them (the ones that are friends of the family) to the kitchen cupboard where his treats are and sits there expectantly looking at the cupboard, looking at them, back at the cupboard.. wigglingg.. lol wanting his treat:rolleyes:

My dog groomer, new one, when I first moved here gave me a fright.
She picked him up for his appointment. Called me 2hrs later to say we had a problem. I near choked. (he's old...) She then heard my panic in my voice and said 'you can't have him back" :eek: :eek:
WHY?

Because I love him and I'm keeping him
:lol:

My dog Jetty B lets herself out for a wee lol she jumps up and presses down the door handle she goes and wakes up the kids when my alarm clock goes off :lol: She is also a potato thief and will go into the spud bag and help herself.

max never ever barks, I dont know if this has anything to do with his past life, but he just doesnt make any noise at all, although he grins for england when we come home.

my max ..has a habit of walking right up to my face and i think im in for a big kiss...then he promptly burps in my face :eek: but they are like proper stinky loud man burps ...and he looks at me as if to say "did you hear that mummy arnt i clever"

he will have a big drink of water..turn around with big ,no massive actually hangy bits of drool ,both sides...he will then look for his target usually my eldest daughter ,and we litrally run away and jump on the couch /chair whatever is available to escape the "dreaded drool kiss"

wayne will take him out of a night for a massive walk of a night ,come in ,we sit down ,get comfy and max heads straight for the back door and knocks the cat flap till we let him out ...you know the saying "a king likes to sh!t on his own throne lol :green: "

the two funniest moments have been ........
we were in the vet a few months ago in the waiting room...id say about 15 dogs in there alltogether ..there was a huge queue at the reception desk with about 6 dogs ..all snarling ,and barking at each other ..teeth showing and everything (mostly mongrels) some looked really scary
and there was my 7stone rottwieller lying on his back wiggling from side to side to have his tummy stroked by anyone who passed us ,he stayed in this position for about 15 minutes untill we went into the vets room ,she laughed when we went in as she said "she couldnt believe it " she had had a good look at him everytime she opened the door lol

also last week we bought max a big horrible bone from the butchers ,came home gave it to him ,he ran out into the garden with it ,to cover it in mud before eating it (tastes better that way apparently)
then proceded to bury it .....he slowly,and carefully prepared his hole ,checking round the garden all the time to make sure no one could see him !
then started to bury his bone skillfully ,again having the odd glance round the garden to make sure it was all very secret....failing to look our way we were sat on the couch all watching him ,wetting ourselves with laughter ...his secret burial place was smack bang in front of my massive patio size window ....its the way he thought he was being dead clever lol :green: had me in fits for ages .....

and now for my funny habit regarding the dog ...i talk for him !!!
all the time i cant help it ...if he looks at me when im reading ...im like
"what was that maxi..did you say ...im very bored mummy put the book down and play with me instead please ....well ok babyface i will play with you ....fwankyou mummy yayyy"
or when i give him his dinner i say "there you go baby "
then i say ....
"hmmm fwankyou,im soooo vewry hungwery yum,yum yum ,!
lol i even have an accent that i use though for him too ...i do it automatically without realising ...am i weird or do you peeps do it too ?

Latest posts

Back