Furious

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd speak to the department manager first, something along the lines of 'Are you aware that for a therapist to be covered by insurance all clients having tints done must havea patch test done at least 24 hours before, and full treatment records kept. If the patch test is not carried out then your therapists and possibly your store are running the risk of being sued.'

The manager may actually not be aware of the facts regarding patch tests. Let them know that they have a certain period of time, eg a week, to change their procedures and if they don't, then I would tell the manager that I will be taking it further by reporting them to the relevant authorities.

thanks all for replying.

Think i may go in store to have a treatment - without carrying tinting out obviously. Will then have ammo to make complaint with legitimate evidence.

Marlise perhaps you should consider some type of action in Birmingham also, and anywhere else this is happening.

Will let you know outcome in due course.

i agree! definately take it further!!!! its ridiculous isnt it???
Not only do I always do a patch test on a new client I always re test every 6 months as I am always worried that their skin has changed or ingredients in the tint etc

i think that alot of people will be thanking you for reporting this :hug:

Latest posts

Back