Further training regarding salon management

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmaxxy

Msm
Reaction score
Hiya,

I've been working from a home salon for a while now and I'm thinking of taking things further and opening a salon. I don't feel I have the necessary skills to do this yet and so I'm looking for a salon management course or something similar to help me prepare. Can anyone recommend a training provider for such a course please?

Thanks In advance x

365 salon education

Take a look at Alan Austin Smith, the fantastic hairdresser. He has several books on self development & leadership & runs courses.

Would going to college be an option? Some colleges do level 4 courses x

Thanks I'll look in to the above. Unfortunately the colleges near me only do up to level 3 ☹️

Have you considered general business courses rather than salon specific ones?
Your local authority might run business/entrepreneurial type courses that you might find useful plus it could be a good networking opportunity.

Try googling small business courses and see what comes up.

https://www.syob.net/uk/business/Kettering

I hadn't though of that but i will definitely look into it thank you

Hi! I also work "remotely". I have Mobile London Hair Shine salon. I make house calls. So far so good, I had a few appointments. Recently a couple of friends in the same branch got in touch. They want to open a location based salon. Can you tell me your about your experience? Is it worth it? What are the pros and cons?

Hiya,

I've been working from a home salon for a while now and I'm thinking of taking things further and opening a salon. I don't feel I have the necessary skills to do this yet and so I'm looking for a salon management course or something similar to help me prepare. Can anyone recommend a training provider for such a course please?

Thanks In advance x
You're not too far from me. I did quite a bit of networking and met some fabulously supportive people and found a mentor who really helped me.

Read books - the e myth is very good. It's a good idea to have some knowledge but I did all mine as I went. The mentor helped to shove me in the right direction, but ultimately it was down to me.

Vic x

Hey!

The best lessons often come from the trenches. I suggest you start your business and then do, analyse, learn and grow. Keep the cycle up and one day you'll be very confident. The most basic thing any business needs is keeping the ledger, have an accountant set you up. Then appointment booking and customer management. You can trial a software, go with baxus.com, timely or shedul, buy an Ipad or you can use them on your phone. Network with others in the industry, learn how to present and market your salon.
You'll soon see people coming in. This will give you an opportunity to experiment and learn. Don't worry everyone started somewhere. All the best!

Latest posts

Back