Further waxing training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki@Orchid

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I would really appreciate your help. I initially trained in 1999 and never had any problems with general waxing. I then had a break and set up my own business 11 years ago and did my intimate waxing training with NKD in Nottingham 5 years ago, using Perron Rigot. My problem is that over the passed few years I’ve had a few incidences where I’ve grazed the client during facial and intimate waxing. I use pink creme Wax Master Wax as a strip Wax. With more sensitive clients I’ll use Euroblonde on their lip or eyebrow but this doesn’t always remove the fine hair.. I have a few intimate waxing regulars which are happy but feel I’m starting to lack confidence in all waxing.

I really feel I would benefit from some one to one training as really think it may be my technique?? I would love to do Kim’s training but feel I need to target both the face and intimate waxing which isn’t covered on the same course and I don’t feel I can justify the cost of the 2 days..

Sorry for the long post but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as I truly value your professional opinions.

Many thanks in advance, Nicki x

Would you not just try and change wax before you try another course? Maybe its the quality of the wax? Only yesterday i tried lycon strip wax and im used with Jax Wax and i didnt like it at all compared to the Jax Wax. I found it much more nippy for something supposed to be pain free. I feel like Jax Wax is much more gentle.

Hi Nicki

Get yourself down to Outback Organics. They are based in Taunton and they'll pick you up from the train station if you don't want to drive.

They offer a half day refresher course for about £60 which doesn't do intimate but will go over anything you want help with. You get to try their waxes and you can decide whether you want to do their intimate course after you've tried their training and wax.

Grazing is most likely caused by not supporting the skin sufficiently and working in sections that are too large (so you can't support the skin). I cut a large wax strip into 8 tiny strips, apply wax with facial spatulas or cuticle sticks and I stretch the skin very carefully, working in small sections. I work in quite small sections, maybe 1/3 of a tiny strip at a time. Global skins can be butter soft so these need extra care.

Would you not just try and change wax before you try another course? Maybe its the quality of the wax? Only yesterday i tried lycon strip wax and im used with Jax Wax and i didnt like it at all compared to the Jax Wax. I found it much more nippy for something supposed to be pain free. I feel like Jax Wax is much more gentle.

Thanks so much for your reply Sarah. I have tried a few different waxes but not in recent years, and I know there must be much better quality waxes coming on the market all the time. I’ve never heard of Jax Wax, I’ll look into it. Thank you x

Hi Nicki

Get yourself down to Outback Organics. They are based in Taunton and they'll pick you up from the train station if you don't want to drive.

They offer a half day refresher course for about £60 which doesn't do intimate but will go over anything you want help with. You get to try their waxes and you can decide whether you want to do their intimate course after you've tried their training and wax.

Grazing is most likely caused by not supporting the skin sufficiently and working in sections that are too large (so you can't support the skin). I cut a large wax strip into 8 tiny strips, apply wax with facial spatulas or cuticle sticks and I stretch the skin very carefully, working in small sections. I work in quite small sections, maybe 1/3 of a tiny strip at a time. Global skins can be butter soft so these need extra care.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have heard of Outback Organics and hadn’t realised they did a refresher course. Sounds like just what I need to get my confidence back.

Thanks also for the waxing tips. I do always support the skin but maybe it isn’t enough or my angle is wrong and maybe I’m also doing too large an area.. I really appreciate your feedback and will give that a try and Outback Organics a call. Thank you x

I can recommend a conversion course with Wax:One from Sweetsquared. Giving fab results and clients remark on how less painful it is

Have you tried using a pre wax oil on facial waxing with delicate clients? I find euroblonde is good for chins but not so good for lip/brows x

My experience of facial waxing so far is that hot wax doesn’t remove the finer hair as well as strip wax. Strip wax has more stung but then it would as it does get the hairs out. I also find hot wax cools quickly in the stick as firms strings which are annoying. It may be that the hot wax in using isn’t the best fir facial waxing.

Latest posts

Back