Fusion Bond falling out with natural hair? Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly J C

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just a bit of advise i'm looking for... I have had one of my clients send me a message informing me that a couple of her fusion bond hair extensions are coming out with her natural hair. I know this is normal due to the hair you loose on a daily basis however looking at the picture i cannot tell if this is normal or chunks??

I am going to see her during this week and just wanted some advise on this. I will attach the picture..

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Hair.png
    Hair.png
    925 KB · Views: 178
How long have they been in? Looks like it's been ripped out to me..

They have been in around 1.5/2 months so not too long. She says its only happened to 2 extensions all others have stayed in secure

She could of tugged it too hard if none of the others are like it I doubt it would be a fitting issue x

I thought that too, maybe when styling the hair etc??

Definitely looks like a tear or rip out to me.

Theres no way that just fell out! When I had this method in my hair, I used to pull a strand and I could feel my hair ripping, but it still felt secure, they take a lot to come out. If they fell out because of your application or the hair's keratin glue, then I'm sure there wouldn't be a fraction of that hair. You should ask her and see if she brushed it and pulled too hard etc.

brute force would remove that. lots of questions to ask this client
what brush is she using every day?
is she on medication that can affect her scalp and growth?
does she or has she in the past suffered with any skin irritations (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis...)
any thyroid issues?
has she coloured her hair while the extensions are in, and if so what brand/type of colour?
does she wear her hair up often? (tension alopecia)
are these bonds from the sides, back or both?
and.. dare i say it... has she been in any fights? :p i had a client who got into fisticuffs on a night out and kissed goodbye to about 5 bonds lol
if answered yes to any of these questions, check in every week or so to make sure her hair is doing well, or in extreme cases (this is doubtful in your scenario) remove the extensions xx

Latest posts

Back