Fussy client advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Hi ladies& gents! I just want to check here that my approach to this client is okay, and see if anyone would do anything differently.

I met said client around 2.5 weeks ago for a consultation. Full head of very fine highlights but wanted a weft. I thought my match was okay, but once they came realised they really weren't going to work. In fact they'd look hideous!
I got her to come see me again matched her to Wonderful Hair Cold Fusion System as they do mixed bonds.
However she wanted to stick to the weft cost.
I ended up actually spending excess money on the new hair and taking no profit for fitting at all.
I figure a one off to keep a seemingly lovely client happy was a sacrifice.
Her hair looked lovely and she loved it once I was done.
She contacted me a few days later to say it was too long, she couldn't make it blend, and wanted more hair in the sides.
I ordered new hair, which I also ended up paying out for speedy delivery. I rearranged 2 clients to fit her in asap as I recieved 5 messages in a matter of hours about how unhappy she was.
I travelled to her. Fitted the new hair in the sides, cut it and didn't style it so she could see the cut and application without my styling. She said she loved them.
Today I have had 3 messages about them now being to thick. And wanting to remove some.
I've told her this can't be done for 2-3 weeks until the bonds have settled but keep getting messages about how unhappy she is.
I have just explained everything to her as above. No profit- moving other clients- her saying she loved them.

I am now at a loss. How do I approach this now? I've told her it'll be 2 or 3 weeks until I can safely remove some bonds, but she's still messaging me. I frankly worn out!

Thankyou!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't really do extensions altho I am qualified in them... Just wanted to say sorry your dealin with this she sounds like she's taking advantage of you! Some clients won't ever be happy because they don't really even know what they want! Hope she stops with the texts soon xx

Why can't you safely remove bonds before 2-3 weeks?

I can't understand why you can't remove the bonds? I can see why you are annoyed about spending money on extra hair but unfortunately the colour match being incorrect isn't the clients fault. Did you apply a weft then bonds around the sides?

I maybe wrong but reading the original post, I think the poster perhaps means it'll be 2-3 wks before she can fit her in for an appointment to take them out!? Frankly I wouldn't go out of your way, sounds like you've done over & above what is deemed as reasonable!! I would make it clear how much it'll cost her for whatever she decided she wants to do. Good luck! X

I maybe wrong but reading the original post, I think the poster perhaps means it'll be 2-3 wks before she can fit her in for an appointment to take them out!? Frankly I wouldn't go out of your way, sounds like you've done over & above what is deemed as reasonable!! I would make it clear how much it'll cost her for whatever she decided she wants to do. Good luck! X

She said she can't remove them for 2-3 weeks until they settle. It is not the clients fault that she hasn't made any money from it as it wasn't the client who done the colour match.

Forgoing the money didn't bother me, as it was to keep a client happy. Part of the job sometimes I guess.
Wonderful Hair just don't advise you take them out for 2-3 weeks to let them settle.
And I wouldn't be able to get her in for about 2 weeks anyway without moving other clients again. I just feel exasperated!

Forgoing the money didn't bother me, as it was to keep a client happy. Part of the job sometimes I guess.
Wonderful Hair just don't advise you take them out for 2-3 weeks to let them settle.
And I wouldn't be able to get her in for about 2 weeks anyway without moving other clients again. I just feel exasperated!

I think it just maybe better to just put yourself out and get them out of her head and then advise you don't think she is perhaps suitable for extensions as the upkeep and the blending seem to be her issues

I think it just maybe better to just put yourself out and get them out of her head and then advise you don't think she is perhaps suitable for extensions as the upkeep and the blending seem to be her issues

I think this might be the only way too :(
It's just never going to be good enough and I can't deal with keep being told I'm doing something wrong, when there is nothing wrong with my work.
Live & learn, some clients aren't worth the agro unfortunately 😣

Thanks!

I think this might be the only way too :(
It's just never going to be good enough and I can't deal with keep being told I'm doing something wrong, when there is nothing wrong with my work.
Live & learn, some clients aren't worth the agro unfortunately 😣

Thanks!

I defo agree with that

Latest posts

Back