Fussy Clients......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nokidan

Reaction score
:cry: Hi there, I'm new to the site...Have a few ?'s though..
When you have a "difficult" client who is never happy no matter what you do, how is the best way to handle this professionally????? EX: This client is an extreme nail bitter, is constantly chewing off her enhancments usually within a day or so of having them done, once she returns for a "fix" it is hard to camo the damage that she has done to these. Upon numerous attempts to blend a "natural / clear" to hide this damage, constant complaining. Ummmm... I'm to a breaking point, any advise or tricks????:mad:

In situations like this I tell them that if they can't look after them then their natural nails are going to be so weak that as a professional I wouldn't be prepared to let her damage them any further. So either she has to keep her end of the bargain of looking after them or have them removed, or consider finding another tech that's happy taking her money and not give a jot about the damage being done. Do you charge her everytime, if they have to pay out good money that often helps.

Sorry Nokidan, no advice regarding difficult clients, as I have yet to have one - Thank God!!
I do on the other hand have clients who are biters etc, who insist on damaging their nails.
I am a huge fan of Custom Blending and find that by using this method, I can still give my clients pretty enhancements - I offer this as standard (not at extra cost) that way I am never disappointed with the end result.
I Always charge for breakages (1st one is free with RB)
Welcome to the site btw

:cry: Hi there, I'm new to the site...Have a few ?'s though..
When you have a "difficult" client who is never happy no matter what you do, how is the best way to handle this professionally????? EX: This client is an extreme nail bitter, is constantly chewing off her enhancments usually within a day or so of having them done, once she returns for a "fix" it is hard to camo the damage that she has done to these. Upon numerous attempts to blend a "natural / clear" to hide this damage, constant complaining. Ummmm... I'm to a breaking point, any advise or tricks????:mad:

Hi there,

Welcome to the site! Prepare to become addicted!! :green:

Put it this way - if she really was THAT unhappy with the service you provide she wouldn't keep coming back!

Does she actually admit to biting them off? and when you say that she comes back for a repair - do you mean that there is still some of the enhancement left on?

If this is the case I would just simply advise her that she will continue to be unhappy if she keeps biting them off, as the damage done is hard to conceal, and cosmetically the nails will not look as good.

Nail biting is a hard hard habit to kick, and we do sometimes have to be sympathetic to our clients - some ladys I have had have literally been shaking coming through the door, terrified of what I will think!!!

However, this said, the client DOES have to want to kick the habit too. It must be costing her a fortune in repairs! (I do hope you are charging her for your time here!)

Just reiterate to her that you need to work together to kick this habit, and without her help she is limited to how her nails will look.

Some clients need a firm but fair word! x

Thanks.... As I guarantee all of my work for ten days, most ofthe time, the cost of the "fix" is on me...Yet, I have not found a "recipe" for her as she HATES pink, doesn't want P&C and her skin tone is borderline "death" (that was ugly) she is a smoker so there are slight stains on or around her nails, any suggestions???? I have gone to the extent of "bleaching" her hands 1st....

I only guarantee my work if the problems are my fault, and only in the first week ... a client's misuse of their teeth is not my fault and no freebies, there's no incentive for them to look after them otherwise.

I only guarantee my work if the problems are my fault, and only in the first week ... a client's misuse of their teeth is not my fault and no freebies, there's no incentive for them to look after them otherwise.

Ditto sass! NO Freebies at all!

There was a thread a little while ago about nicotine stains on fingers - from what I can remember nicotine clings to dry skin. I will try and post the link to that thread.

Here we go - http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/60625-how-do-you-remove-nicotine-stains-fingers.html

Has she ever considered having colour rather than french? This may make your job a little easier!!

Absolutely agree . . . it's all very well guaranteeing your work for clients that don't bite or pick and use their oil daily and use their hands very lightly (although I still wouldn't guarantee anything - you know what clients can be like lol) but this client is clearly not one of them! Also if you are extending chronically bitten nails using tips there is very little natural nail to use as a platform therefore more chance of a break anyway. You MUST start charging her. I don't give any freebies. I know I put them on well. What they do with them is their problem.

there is no way you can guarantee nails...you have no idea what they are going to do with them once they leave you. You can see the stress marks...you know she is biting them off so why are you guaranteeing them...?

No company in the world would refund/replace an item brought that you purposely threw on the floor and broke.

I use my discrestion...no set rules. But for this client it would be a definite NO and she would be paying for ALL replacements/repairs.

Thanks for the insight.... I have been in the biz for 15+ yrs and I have never had a client like this one..UUGhhhh... She has told me herself the she is a pain in the #$$... You are right, no more freebies... As for colr, I've tried. "You know I am old-fashioned and my nail and my lipstick has to match my attire....." Blah, blah, blah....

I guess that I am glutton for punishment...

Nice to meet ya...

I never guarantee my work if the client is a canibal!!

MAKE CLIENTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT THEY DO WHEN THEY LEAVE YOUR TABLE!!!

All of us should do this with ALL clients. Once they leave with a perfect set, the rest is down to them and the sooner they are made to realize it the better. You have to tell them!!
Daily Homecare is essential as well as keeping them out of their mouths! :lol:

Latest posts

Back