g-mex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe55

Reaction score
hi everybody, Im going to the show at the g-mex and iv never been to one before im a complete beauty show virgin!!! I have got no idea what to expect when i get there so if any body could help me out i wud be most grateful. x
Also if i want to go both days will i need 2 tickets or can i use my ticket twicw????? Or will i in fact not need to go 2 days??? thanks x

hiya im going too!!! i've never been b4 so we can be like two lost and very bewildered lambs. i'm hoping to get loads of info on stuff pick up some goodies! spend spend spend!!! and generally see whats its like lol

i'm not sure bout the ticket thing though i would think you'd need two but as i said not sure.

i'm sure there are loads of people going that havent been b4 so maybe we can find a nice shepard too look after us lol

what to expect when you get there........... pure nail shopoholic fantasy.
make sure you where comfortable shoes.
have money to spend.
tickets usually do both days but dont quote me on this its nice to do both as on the first day its nice to go and watch the nail technicians compete and support them also hang around for when the results are anounced then on the second day if you can make it shop shop shop.
if you have a partner or hubby take them as well you will need him to carry all the goods you have bought.........and dont worry loads of blokes go for that very reason........lol.
there are always demo,s on most of the stands where you can get all starry eyed (well i do ) when you see in person all the people you espire too.
above all its a fun enjoyable and tireing day out

Thanks stacy, Im like a little kid at christmas im really looking forward to it. x

thanks joanne. unfortunatly im leaving my bag carrier behind and going with a friend who is also new to nails. we were planning on going out in manchester on the sunday night after the show and as we dont live around there we also have no idea where we should go there either, so any ideas on that one would be great to. (although maybe we shud b havin early nights so we r fit for the mon. he he)

hello me again

ive only been out in machester once and it was fab! ( i think) cant remember where we went but we stayed around deansgate thers loads a pubs clubs etc and i remeber its not that far from the g-mex so you can roll out of there straight into the pub.

ooh thanks star thats great. Going back to the show again, whats it like when you get there? do i need to get there an hour before it opens to cue or can u get in staight away. iv just got no idea at all.

Most importantly, as Joanne has already mentioned - wear comfortable shoes!

Try to plan where you want to go, plan a route - you'll need it.

Last year there was a kind of VIP area for snacks and drinks etc - get in there if you can cos seats in the other 'dining' areas are few and far between and trust me, after 5 hours you'll need to rest your feet and it's amazing how mean people can get when there's only one free seat left!

Everybody whinges about people who take them, but...... take a small trolley - your fingers will be cut to ribbons.

Take plenty of water with you.

You'll need loadsa money!

And if you're driving and park in the underground car park, take great care to note whereabouts you park. My friend and I were left wandering around the labrynths for about an hour looking for her car - we knew we were on the correct level, just couldn't find the car!

Go on the Sunday if you can and try to arrive about 9am if you're driving, closer to 10am if you're not - you'll just get left to wait outside till they're due to open.

They have a cloakroom - use it!

And take one of those little 'handy fans' with you for when you're close to fainting due to the heat and the crowds!

But most of all - have fun!

I'm really envious - I won't be there this year. :cry:

JackieMc said:
Everybody whinges about people who take them, but...... take a small trolley - your fingers will be cut to ribbons.

Take plenty of water with you.

You'll need loadsa money!

:cry:
your so right i had to buy a troley at olympia cause i bought so much stuff
you should have seen my husbands face when i got home that night :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back