gallbladder advice ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi ya guys hoping someone on here can help me
i have been in agony for 3 days and thought my ulcer had come back, went to docs and she said it looks like i have both , ulcer and a gallbladder problem:irked: now have looked on web but cant find any info really , i know what to eat to help my ulcer but not what to eat for the stupid gallbladder.
have read it has to be low fat , which is fair enough but am scared to eat anything other than cream crackers (when i eventually feel like eating )
god i wish they would just open me up and take the thing out its so painful

so any help would be really appreciated x

It's the same diet for both. Once the pain settles, you'll be able to more than crackers. It's the fat that will cause the pain. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Only just spotted this thread. Can't give any advice but just wanted to give you a :hug: and hope you feel better soon, hun.

hope this helps you hun.....:hug:xxxx
clear10.gif
GALLBLADDER DIET
clear10.gif
clear10.gif
HELPFUL FOODS
clear10.gif
AVOID THESE FOODS
clear10.gif
Beets
Cucumbers
Green beans - are NOT the same as dried
Okra
Sweet potatoes
Avocados - a good way to get needed fats directly from food
Vinegars all types
Garlic and onions help with liver cleansing but not processed types like flakes or powder. But some people have trouble digesting them so pay attention
Shallots
Tomatoes - ripe
cold water fish
Lemons (lemon juice in the morning with hot water helps to clean the liver)
Grapes and fresh organic grape juice
apples, berries, papaya, pears
Omega 3 oils like flax or hemp. Use these with fresh lemon juice or vinegar on your salads. DO NOT COOK flax oil.

Vegetable juices - Beet and cucumber are especially helpful to gallbladder You can add other green vegetables like tender baby greens, swiss chard, dandelion greens, beet greens, celery, carrots -- avoid the cabbage family)

Avoid all fruit juices except organic grape juice and organic apple (self-juiced is best).

All the vegetables listed above for juicing are good. Use baby mixed organic greens for salads and avoid the bitter greens for now.

Fiber such as found in fruits and vegetables and guar gum
clear10.gif
Eggs, pork, onion, fowl, milk, coffee, oranges, grapefruit, corn, beans, nuts, in that order.
Hydrogenated, partially-hydrogenated oils
Margarine
Fried Foods
Saturated fats
clear10.gif
(even coconut oil until feeling better)
Red meats
Dairy products
Eggs (Research showed that eggs caused symptoms in up to 95% of patients. However, in my clinical experience soft-boiled or poached with no fat added seems to be okay. Perhaps this is due to the lecithin content that is present in the raw or close to raw egg.)

Coffee, regular or decaf
Chocolate
Ice cream
Black tea
Alcohol, beer, wine, liqueur
Fruit juice
Carbonated water
Tap water
Raddishes and turnips
Cabbage, cauliflower
Colas and all sodas
Oats (for some people)
Wheat
Barley
Rye (although the sour German ryes seem to be less troublesome)
All legumes (beans) as they tend to increase the cholesterol in the bile.

Avoid all artificial sweeteners, sugar, preservatives, refined and bleached foods (like white flour)
clear10.gif

Many steamed greens like collard, mustard and kale, also brussel sprouts and broccoli seem to be a problem for some people. Greens (and especially kale and brussel sprouts) are used by the liver to detoxify. It may be necessary to avoid these until you have done some work with the products and flushes as well as diet. Your goal should get to the point where these foods do not cause distress, as they actually target the root of the problem.
clear10.gif
GALLBLADDER DIET TIPS
clear10.gif

DO NOT OVEREAT

DO NOT EAT UNDER STRESS

EAT ONLY FRESH FOODS - DO NOT
EAT PACKAGED FOODS
clear10.gif
ORGANIC FOOD IS IMPORTANT
ORGANIC
IS IMPORTANT - The liver is the root of the problem here, and the pesticides and herbicides used in commercial fruits and vegetables causes extra burden on the liver and therefore, the gallbladder. [Back to top]

wow thanks so much for that hun:hug: , will send hubby to get some fruits and veg for juicing,

no problem,s huni....it sounds painfull so hope you feel better soon and the diet will help xxxx:hug:

Dee it is painful, been there done that, got the t.shirt.

Did your doctor refer you to a general surgeon for an endoscopy test to determine whether you have stones and what type. From referral to the doctor, getting my endoscopy done and going into hospital for cholycystectomy (gall bladder removal) took less than 6 months.

I don't want to be a scaremonger but if you don't get this sorted the episodes of pain can become more and more frequent and painful. In the end with me everything I seemed to eat caused me pain.

I am now almost 4 months post-op and apart from a nasty case of pancreatitis following my surgery I have had no more problems although I don't tolerate fat well, no pain though with fat just an uncomfortable feeling but it is early days and I am sure this will pass.

hth

Latest posts

Back