Gallery for my website ahhhh!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
can someone please help me. I am trying to put this gallery

on my website but it just shows as a link:eek:. Who can help???

I've had a quick look, and it would seem that it's trying to do something fancy with an iframe and Javascript - but for some reason, the contents of the iframe is showing a link to the gallery (with an image to click on) rather than just shoving the gallery itself in the iframe (which is what I suspect you would rather have it do).

Alas no time to work out what is going on properly until this evening though, as I need to leave for work ASAP!

That JAlbum thing looks quite fancy by the way - am pretty sure it's got a Java back-end using Apache Wicket by the looks of things.

One thing that would work great is if you could change the styles on the album so that the background colour is the same as your main site (magenta) rather than the black that it is currently...

I've had a quick look, and it would seem that it's trying to do something fancy with an iframe and Javascript - but for some reason, the contents of the iframe is showing a link to the gallery (with an image to click on) rather than just shoving the gallery itself in the iframe (which is what I suspect you would rather have it do).

Alas no time to work out what is going on properly until this evening though, as I need to leave for work ASAP!

That JAlbum thing looks quite fancy by the way - am pretty sure it's got a Java back-end using Apache Wicket by the looks of things.

One thing that would work great is if you could change the styles on the album so that the background colour is the same as your main site (magenta) rather than the black that it is currently...

OMG you never fail to amaze me you hit the nail right on the head. That is exactly what I am trying to do. I am just not so experienced in it, I am shocked I managed to get my website up and running as it is LOL. The gallery will be the icing on the cake iykwim. You are right about the style though it doesnt really fit in with my theme at all

I can help you with the IFRAME hun,
I'll have a go at it now for you xxx

Ok try inserting this code into the HTML bit on your sites editor page

<iframe src="http://sknight.jalbum.net/nbk/" name="frame1" scrolling="auto" frameborder="no" align="center" height = "700px" width = "700px">
</iframe>

If you need help further or it doesnt seem to fit the page properly etc...feel free to give me a shout, I have done this a million times lmao...
I think I also have step by step pics on doing it on my pc somewhere from helping another geek with her site xxxx

I can help you with the IFRAME hun,
I'll have a go at it now for you xxx

Ok try inserting this code into the HTML bit on your sites editor page

<iframe src="http://sknight.jalbum.net/nbk/" name="frame1" scrolling="auto" frameborder="no" align="center" height = "700px" width = "700px">
</iframe>

If you need help further or it doesnt seem to fit the page properly etc...feel free to give me a shout, I have done this a million times lmao...
I think I also have step by step pics on doing it on my pc somewhere from helping another geek with her site xxxx

Thanks Emmsy :)

Steve, please will you let me know if that works for you; if not then I will have a play later too...

Latest posts

Back