Galvanic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonew2

Reaction score
Hi can some one please explain in simple terms to me the positive and negative polarity please it’s just not registering in my brain

Simply:
  • positive will repel positive
  • negative will repel negative
  • positive and negative will be attracted to each other.

When using a galvanic machine you apply a charged gel to the skin (specific to skin type).
Usually your rollers are negative (client holds the positive to make a circuit) and so most galvanic gels are formulated to use on the negative.
So all you have to do is choose the right gel for the skin type you are working on.

For example you want to add moisture to a dry skin:
Your rollers are negative so your hydrating gel is negatively charged, therefore moisture from gel is pushed into the skin.

very simply put but hopefully enough to jog your training memory.

Thank you I am just doing the course at the moment I have my exam next week! I do not understand why they would want it to repel against each other

If the gel/cream is negative, and the rollers are negative, then the gel will get "pushed" into the epidermis of the skin, as it will be repelled away from the rollers.
If the rollers and gel were not both negative (or both positive), the rollers would attract the gel away from the skin, instead of into it.
Also bear in mind that using the galvanic rollers on negative will create a slightly alkaline reaction on the skin's surface, causing the skin cells to swell and be slightly more absorbent for any products. (naturally our skin is slightly acidic - remember the acid mantle?). So if you use negatively charged rollers and product this will help the product to penetrate into the epidermis. More effective than just rubbing it into the skin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back