Garage conversion/new nail/beauty room/furniture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having my (single) garage converted for my nail/tanning room.
It is smaller than I thought it would be so I am looking for ways to make the most out of the space without it looking or feeling too crowded!! Any ideas?
Also I'd like a new manicure table but not sure which one? Don't wanna spend too much on it. I have similar to ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393240903.352361.jpgthis one already but would like something different. All ideas & advice welcome!!
Thank you 😊

Bump!!😊

Hi, I've got this table and it's great. It folds into a cabinet and it's on castors so you can wheel it out of the way if need be. Maybe invest in some folding chairs and some shelving/wall cupboards for storage? I have almost everything on wheels or foldable where possible x

Lotus Soho Single Manicure Station
Hi there, I am looking at purchasing one of these, but all the pictures I've seen have the drawers on the left, is it possible to spin the table around so the drawers are on the right, with full access to them whilst working?
It may seem like a dumb question, so apologies for that....
Many thanks
Emma

Sallys salon services sell a folding table similar in white.

I'm getting the black Malibu desk from Argos purely cos of the storage and it's a great size for having two nail lamps and inexpensive which helps xx

Actually, I just went to ikea! I managed to get a great sized glass top, with the ability to then choose legs to match. I also purchasd their micke filing cabinet, and a few other items for storage. Sometimes buying the real deal can be expensive, although if I was rolling in cash I probably would go crazy haha

Hi Hollyjane! Which Ikea desk did you get? I'm looking for one too and like the sound of yours!

This is my ikea desk has glass top and storage ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396874904.141278.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396874931.820579.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396874964.552563.jpg

Hi there, I am looking at purchasing one of these, but all the pictures I've seen have the drawers on the left, is it possible to spin the table around so the drawers are on the right, with full access to them whilst working?
It may seem like a dumb question, so apologies for that....
Many thanks
Emma

Hi, with the table I've got, it's not possible to spin it around so the drawers are on the right unfortunately x

Chairs are ikea they are not very expensive but the seat is a bit hard !!!!

Chairs are ikea they are not very expensive but the seat is a bit hard !!!!

Thanks very much for your reply 😀😊

Yep, my ikea table is just like the one in the photo posted after my post, except I have black legs:))

Hi, I've just had half my garage converted is space is limited, I've attached a pic of my set up as it's deceiving how big it looks when finished! I've got a table which was made for me to my spec and only cost £75! The guy who did it is a kitchen fitter by trade and I fluttered my eyelashes and he's done an amazing job for a great price! I decided against storage units as my table has storage in built which is sufficient and the polishes are on cheap as chips shelves from I,ea but do the job nicely! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405945281.138008.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405945301.689301.jpg

LisaV Thats lovely how I would like mine one day, just wish my other half would let me work from home, he dont like the idea of people coming to our house. Saying that I am working on him for the far end of our garage, but its taking a long time. Hopefully one day he may give in.

Latest posts

Back