Garra Rufa Fish Spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think it would be more of a problem if you used it as a face mask.I thought id better add to what i mentioned as i imagined people slapping on the crushed up Anadin and ending up all blotchy :)

:lol:. Anything to save themselves some money hey? x

I've just had my second fish pedicure today, first time two weeks ago and I think it's fab. My feet have really benefited from it. I even treated my little girl who was giggling at the feeling of the fish nibbling her feet. She wants another go. :) It still wouldn't stop me having a normal pedicure though.

I had one a few weeks back felt mega relaxed afterwards, but think I'd need a good few to get rid of my minging hard skin I ve been very bad and neglected the hard skin for ages lol I had to fill in a form but I had done my tan the night before was'nt asked about that thou! Might go for anoter next weeks as don't have any in my town was down in redditch (bf's hometown) xx

Hi girls, just needing a bit of advice, it may sound a really daft thing to ask but i really haven't a clue about it, anyway I'm holding my own indulgence day event, lots of therapists having stands promoting and doing treatments etc. I like the idea of having a therapist at the event with a tank of the garra rufa fish, personally I think it would go down a storm and will really add to the event. Can I do this ?? What about transport of the fish? Would we need anything extra? Or would it be all down to the person I Employ to do it? All your opinions are valued. Thank you for reading x

I quite fancy the magic foot exfoliation but not the fish pedicure lol

I watched an episode of dont tell the bride last year and part of the hen night was they had the tanks brought into house. Dont really know much about it thou, maybe trying searhing for this type of service in your area hth xx

Hi girls, just needing a bit of advice, it may sound a really daft thing to ask but i really haven't a clue about it, anyway I'm holding my own indulgence day event, lots of therapists having stands promoting and doing treatments etc. I like the idea of having a therapist at the event with a tank of the garra rufa fish, personally I think it would go down a storm and will really add to the event. Can I do this ?? What about transport of the fish? Would we need anything extra? Or would it be all down to the person I Employ to do it? All your opinions are valued. Thank you for reading x

I watched an episode of dont tell the bride last year and part of the hen night was they had the tanks brought into house. Dont really know much about it thou, maybe trying searhing for this type of service in your area hth xx

Oh God Sarah!! I can remember wathcing it too! Your star! That must mean that they are "portable" then ? Ha ha bloody hell.I do get myself into some situations! Ive contacted appy feet anyway so lets see what they say, Although when i have been on there website it doesnt have any mention of the aftercare "pedicure etc" i have seen other salons offfer more than just your feet in with the fish? which is kind of what i wanted.. Its a starting block though x:) Cheers Sarah! xxx

No porobs :) hope you get it sorted, I think some offer pedi after but the palce I went did not which I thought was a real shame they would make a mint! lol xx

Oh God Sarah!! I can remember wathcing it too! Your star! That must mean that they are "portable" then ? Ha ha bloody hell.I do get myself into some situations! Ive contacted appy feet anyway so lets see what they say, Although when i have been on there website it doesnt have any mention of the aftercare "pedicure etc" i have seen other salons offfer more than just your feet in with the fish? which is kind of what i wanted.. Its a starting block though x:) Cheers Sarah! xxx

I think Starstruckbeauty's setup looks really sound but I have to say I would fear not all places would be so stringent. Especially ones which may not have much nail tech experience. I did 12 people at a show for reflexology recently. I had to refer two away to get checked by a Doctor due to suspecting fungal nail as I would be in fear of not being able to use my equip and towels again (fungus can't be simply washed away it's an autoclave job).

I asked another therapist if she had ever had the same happen and she said no, she has been established for years and treated countless people so it makes me wonder if people know what fungal nail might look like. Hence I would worry who had been in the tank prior to me! I am a tad of a clean freak when it comes to clients health though. I must say the turnover looks impressive for this!

Would the ultra violet light be enough to stop contamination if someone did accidentally use the tank with a fungal infection?

Well Appy feet have come back to me with simply that the fish dont travel well and will die if kept out of their homes ? I caninderstand this but it has dissapointed me :cry: I wanted the day to have something really different and new and innovative that not many other events had done before.. Oh well back to the grind...:( xx

Ok the fish are illegal in the states but i want to know more about this foot magic. Omg what a wonderful salon addition. Can i get it in the states? I want to try it

Hi I am installing tanks at my salon I read the Genuine Garra are hard to come by Where do you get yours?

Well Appy feet have come back to me with simply that the fish dont travel well and will die if kept out of their homes ? I caninderstand this but it has dissapointed me :cry: I wanted the day to have something really different and new and innovative that not many other events had done before.. Oh well back to the grind...:( xx

hi i'v just found this website that is all about rentals of garra rufa equipment for events, so might answer your questions.

www. princefish.com/garra_rufa_doctor_fish_rental_for_events.html

hope it helps :biggrin:

I really would love to get this treatment done but they don't clean the water between clients. Should they?
I can't bring myself to put my feet in a foot tank full of peoples dead skin and germs.
It makes me cringe at the thought.

Dotty !!!!!!! That's so kind of you! Thank you... Chuffed with that x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek x

I had this done last week in Appy Feet. I asked about the water being changed, and they don't ever change all the water in one go. She explained that overnight they change 25% of the water - any more and the fish would die. Before we put our feet into the tanks we had to wash them in a shower and put on sterilised croc type shoes to walk over to the tanks. The tanks are filtered constantly for bits, so I had no problem with sticking my feet in.

Well worth it - as it's gorgeous!

Hey, I'm thinking of putting one of these spas in my salon. Are there any must know tips before I go ahead and get one? And does anyone have a template consultation form that I would need to use for this treatment? Thanks :)

I am SO FOR the garra ruffa fish treatments, I think its really exotic and a lovely experience for clients - provided to fish are well looked after and hygiene is meticulous.

Recently they have put garra ruffa fish tanks in my local shopping mall, and by the looks of it, there are no health and hygiene standards what-so-ever! They charge £1 a minute and have people just stopping off to try it, shoes off, and feet straight in the water!!! :eek: No cleaning, washing, UV, nothing! I have been wanting to try for ages, but could not be lured into a tank filled with sweat, dead skin, and probably all sorts of infection!

I shall wait until I come across a safe and healthy salon methinks! :)

hi there i am also in the process of getting garra rufa in my salon. where did u find out most info on the treatment .what are the contra indications and is it ok for someone going through chemotherapy to have the fish spa treatment. Any info would be great thanks x x

Latest posts

Back