Gastric bypass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is your not battling any weight issues cotton candy?

No I'm not actually. I'm a size 10

I'm not coming across as nasty. I just find them to be a painful quick fix.

There are so many weight loss programs, diets, bootcamps etc.

Even those with medical issues can be helped.

Look at what Katie Hopkins did - she put it on and lost it with hard work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

The truth of the matter is a gastric bypass forces you to eat less so weight is lost.

It isn't a magic fix or cure.

I don't think it is as easy to loose weight as people imagine. Im struggling at the moment after quitting smoking, but if you eat less and exercise more it will come off.

Its just the operation makes you consume less.

Its just finding the willpower within, I have none at the moment.

Xx

Reactions: KHS
I struggle with my weight, I can't keep it on. People always say "oh just eat more" and I feel it's not too dissimilar as saying "oh just eat less" to someone struggling with the opposite. It's not that simple, as has been said there are things like metabolism, thyroid conditions and disability which prevent certain exercise. The bypass or band is a starting block, it doesn't do the work for the patient! It's not the easy way out and will take work.

I just want to add, Katie Hopkins is a baw bag n her motivation was to ostracise people she wanted to bully, people of a certain size! She's perfectly fit n healthy and her body works properly so of course she managed it. Sorry, the woman drives me mad I'm not being rude to anyone.

To the OP I'm sure if you ask your consultant as many questions as you can think of (write them down if it helps) they will be more than happy to put u at ease and give u as much after care advice as possible. With recovery for any op I find listening to your body is best, if it hurts slow down, take a break and try again later. You will get there and if you have any concerns don't be afraid to call your doctor. X

The difference is with Katie hopkins, she was fit, healthy, active, used to running. It was abnormal for her to consume as she did so returning to her normal lifestyle of course she would lose the weight easily. For those affected by weight issues it's a whole different story, so I don't think her programme proved much at all bar she can easily revert back to her routine which she would of been glad to. That message doesn't convey to the wider obese population as its not effectively the same course that would be taken.

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

A gastric bypass is not a quick fix. I suggest you actually look into the procedure and that statistics on it before speaking ignorantly.

A gastric bypass is not a quick fix. I suggest you actually look into the procedure and that statistics on it before speaking ignorantly.

I'm not being ignorant. Just because someone says something that others do not agree with does not necessarily mean they are ignorant.

You only have to read the news and statistics show that the majority do it as they cannot be bothered to put in the hard work.

I just hope the tax payer is not funding this.

I also refer back to my previous comment - if the world ran out of food we would all be thin.

It's self discipline at the end of the day.

I'm not being ignorant. Just because someone says something that others do not agree with does not necessarily mean they are ignorant.
You only have to read the news and statistics show that the majority do it as they cannot be bothered to put in the hard work.
I just hope the tax payer is not funding this.
I also refer back to my previous comment - if the world ran out of food we would all be thin.

If the world ran out of food, we'd all be dead not just thinner so probably not the most intelligent comment to repeat?

I don't know anyone who has had this procedure done.
But wanted to wish you good luck

As for the comment about 'hoping the tax payer isn't paying for this'

The op is a tax payer, so you can say if the tax payer is paying for this operation, she is paying for it herself in a way

We as women should support each other not only in business but with friendship and support in all areas of our lives.

Have a good day ladies :)

If the world ran out of food, we'd all be dead not just thinner so probably not the most intelligent comment to repeat?

Yes but we wouldn't die instantly.

Anyway. Each to their own.

Yes but we wouldn't die instantly.

Anyway. Each to their own.

I see your point if food was removed from the equation would we all be skinny??? Maybe your right.I struggle with my weight and look for all excuses but when I get strong and stop eating it falls off me!! Xx

Last edited by a moderator:

This is exactly what the person I know did. She does/did a week on a diet, then 3 weeks off, then a week on, then two months off etc etc... And claims she 'couldn't lose on a diet' so has had the surgery.

She did pay for it herself though. I totally do not agree with weight loss surgery on the NHS so if she hadn't, I'd have been even more annoyed at her.

Reactions: KHS

Cotton candy I certainly don't think you are unintelligent by no means....to assume we would all die is rather un intelligent if you ask me...we would just resort back to the hunter gathering culture which is how mankind ate before 12,000...and I believe it was one of the most balanced ways of eating ,the new diet craze the Dukan diet I believe has the same principles!!

I bet they never had obesity or diet related health issues in those days!!

Last edited:
I think cotton candy just has a Katie Hopkins attitude towards weight loss full stop, however even Katie had her eyes opened to just how hard it is to run and excercise when you are overweight, and she only put a little bit on! For those of you that are considering gastric band surgery I'm sure you've been trying exercise and diets for donkey's years and gotten nowhere, I think it's a fab thing as not only will it restrict the amount you can eat but it will ultimately give a very real lesson in eating propperly as you have no other option! No cheating involved from there on! I'm slim but eat a very poor diet and am the most unfit person! I understand the mental & physical issues completey so I agree with gastric surgery as long as it's combined with good therapy sessions. Good luck to you op & keep up the good work to all the others on their weight loss journeys! X

I have stayed clear of this thread so as to keep the peace.

I am not a Katie Hopkins fan but I do agree with somethings.

I do not mean to upset anybody but I am not the only person to think the same.

Good luck with your surgery.

It costs the 'taxpayer' more if someone develops a weight related health problem so gastric surgery is cheaper for the NHS.
You are over simplifying hugely. Weight issues include a huge amount of factors such as social class, working hours, mental health, physical health problems and education.
Do you blame people who under eat for their health problems?
Our culture fetishises food and constantly throws adverts and pressures to eat highly processed foods in large quantities at us day in day out. Our bodies are programmed to Crave sugar and fat so it's stupid to talk about discipline when we are constantly being told to eat.

Reactions: Dnx
To the OP..
I've know a couple of people over the yrs one who went private and one on the NHS for the bypass, the thing they stressed about more was the hanging excess skin where they lost weight so quickly the skin didn't have time to shrink back with the weight loss.

The private lady went back to hsve surgery to have this removed while the NHS lady wasn't allowed that surgery she was told she had to pay for it. Hence to say she wasn't happy

I wish you good luck if it's the route you choose to follow and hope all goes well . X

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

At the end of the day. Binge eating is an eating disorder! So is an addiction to eating in my opinion! The hardest thing I have ever done is lose weight and maintain it!

The OP asked for support from fellow geeks who had been through a similar operation.

Several of you have replied with genuine compassion and I hope the OP focuses only on those comments and ignores the less kind and deliberately provocative comments.

This is a friendly and supportive forum for fellow professionals to share their worries and experiences.

If anyone wants to start a bun fight, please go somewhere else.

Hiya everyone,

My other account has been closed as I only made it because I couldn't get access to this account which is now active again :)

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who were kind and supportive.

To the people that were unkind... I understand where your coming from I really do but if you really feel that the NHS shouldn't be helping people then I hope you never need help from them.

This isn't a decision I have made lightly and I used to believe the same as you that people overweight should eat less and workout more.

Now I see how ignorant I was and really feel ashamed about it.

I have been on a diet given to me by a dietitian and personal trainer for the past 5 years and that did not help, I have worked out 2-4 times a week with a personal trainer every week for the past 4 years - I gained muscle but didn't loose fat.

I used to believe overweight people were just lazy and not dedicated but that's not always true.

Yes there are a lot of people in the world that do nothing with themselves but sit and eat unhealthy food but that's a similar problem like anorexia that sometimes needs medical help - that costs the NHS a lot of money.. Should we not help them?

There are a lot of people that gain weight for whatever reason and then try to loose it by eating right and working out and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

I don't have the medical background to know why this doesn't work for some people but it does happen.

The NHS doesn't just give this operation to anyone.. It takes a long time to go through this process.

I met a girl through all of this that almost 3 years ago she could hardly walk even with a cane and couldn't have children and now she's lost all that weight from this operation, has ran the great north run and is now expecting her first baby in September - this has totally changed her life.

This is my thread and if you have negative comments keep them to yourself or make your own threat to be nasty on.

If you have questions your welcome to ask?

If you have been through this and have any advice I would be so grateful.

If your going through this process too and have any questions or need support then I hope this thread helps you.

The world would be a lot nicer if people kept their negative comments to themselves <3

Again thank you all who have been so kind to me, my operation is Saturday and I'm quite frightened to be honest xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya everyone,

My other account has been closed as I only made it because I couldn't get access to this account which is now active again :)

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who were kind and supportive.

To the people that were unkind... I understand where your coming from I really do but if you really feel that the NHS shouldn't be helping people then I hope you never need help from them.

This isn't a decision I have made lightly and I used to believe the same as you that people overweight should eat less and workout more.

Now I see how ignorant I was and really feel ashamed about it.

I have been on a diet given to me by a dietitian and personal trainer for the past 5 years and that did not help, I have worked out 2-4 times a week with a personal trainer every week for the past 4 years - I gained muscle but didn't loose fat.

I used to believe overweight people were just lazy and not dedicated but that's not always true.

Yes there are a lot of people in the world that do nothing with themselves but sit and eat unhealthy food but that's a similar problem like anorexia that sometimes needs medical help - that costs the NHS a lot of money.. Should we not help them?

There are a lot of people that gain weight for whatever reason and then try to loose it by eating right and working out and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

I don't have the medical background to know why this doesn't work for some people but it does happen.

The NHS doesn't just give this operation to anyone.. It takes a long time to go through this process.

I met a girl through all of this that almost 3 years ago she could hardly walk even with a cane and couldn't have children and now she's lost all that weight from this operation, has ran the great north run and is now expecting her first baby in September - this has totally changed her life.

This is my thread and if you have negative comments keep them to yourself or make your own threat to be nasty on.

If you have questions your welcome to ask?

If you have been through this and have any advice I would be so grateful.

If your going through this process too and have any questions or need support then I hope this thread helps you.

The world would be a lot nicer if people kept their negative comments to themselves <3

Again thank you all who have been so kind to me, my operation is Saturday and I'm quite frightened to be honest xx

I wasn't being negative. I was merely stating that you could save yourself a lot of pain and shift the weight naturally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back