Gave up working at friends salon now want to run my own mobile business or rent aroom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer2089

Reaction score
Any advice please, used to work in a friends salon but rent was too expensive amd she wanted half of my earning so I gave up. Now want to go mobile or rent a room any advice please as I'm a single mum. Thanks all

Hiya, what sort of advice are you looking for exactly? how to find one? x

Hiya, what sort of advice are you looking for exactly? how to find one? x

I found a few salons and room to let's,I don't know if I need my business plan finished first. I am fully insured. Didn't know if I woulf have been bettwer with a home salon. What I was worried about is will I make enough for rent for room or salon, never mind my rent for flat etc. X

Perhaps you need to start with working out how much you would get for your average treatment, and how many customers would you need a day to be able to cover rent etc.

Unfortunately no one can tell you for sure whether you will make enough, but certainly people do!

Having a home salon certainly is cheaper, rent wise, but of course you may need to work harder to find clients, as if you're in a salon you may find more customers faster.

Or you could consider doing both for a while to see which works best for you. 2/3 days renting a room, 2/3 days mobile/home based?

Hi

Also if you do a search on home salon, mobile working etc alot of threads will come up with alot of info - recently I have posted about a home salon vs mobile and had some good advice so def do a search! But LondonRee is right it will take longer to build up a home salon as you dont have that shop front but the overheads are cheaper

Good luck with your decision :)

Latest posts

Back