Geek Con '08

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in attending a Geek Con?

• Yes - Definately!

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Probably - Depends on dates, location, any costs etc

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Not sure - I'd want to know a bit more first

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • No - Really not my cup of tea

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Great idea ... keep us "in the know" please :hug:

Love this idea, looking forward to more info......

Ok so there does seem to be quite a bit of interest! The two big questions that will help people decide if it is something for them is always when and where. What are people's thoughts on this?

Would doing something like having it on the Saturday before Professional Beauty (London or Manchester) make sense, since quite a few people are travelling already to go to that. Or would you prefer a completely seperate date? If it was a different weekend what would people's location preference be if it can't be in your home town.

Ok so there does seem to be quite a bit of interest! The two big questions that will help people decide if it is something for them is always when and where. What are people's thoughts on this?

Would doing something like having it on the Saturday before Professional Beauty (London or Manchester) make sense, since quite a few people are travelling already to go to that. Or would you prefer a completely seperate date? If it was a different weekend what would people's location preference be if it can't be in your home town.

I think combining it with the trade shows would be a better idea for most people. As many people have made friends on here with skin, hair and nail geeks it would be a shame not to include all 3.

That is a great idea I have already made my travel arrangements for GMEX so couldn't make it this year, but next definitely.

Glasgow is a lovely city to visit:):hug:

I think combining it with the trade shows would be a better idea for most people. As many people have made friends on here with skin, hair and nail geeks it would be a shame not to include all 3.

Totally agree.

A combined weekend of meeting friends, drinking and shopping all in one - heaven!!!:green:

Sounds good if you want any help organising too let me know! x

Brilliant idea! A lot of my friends go to Sci-Fi ones and Buffy ones all the time, so why not have a geek one!

I think somewhere reasonably central but outside of london, for cheaper hotels and ease of travel.

If you need any help organising too just give me a shout.:)

Still think it should be Javea...:lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps we could have our own Spanish Geek convention ... in Achill!!!!

Sassy now you are talking my language...:lol::lol::lol:

Actually I can imagine the faces of my daughters if they saw their mum in Achill...they would die of embarrassment...Right thats it...Geek Con in Achill...:green:

this would be great, as lon as location and dates suited me i would soooo be there,

keep us posted hun xxx

I'm just starting to look at working out some potential plans for this. I am thinking either the Saturday before Pro Beauty or the Sunday of Pro Beauty. I'm exploring some options - suggestions most welcome!

Thanks
Mat

sundays are good i think as i think we all have that day off imo that is where would we have it??? :hug:

I'm just starting to look at working out some potential plans for this. I am thinking either the Saturday before Pro Beauty or the Sunday of Pro Beauty. I'm exploring some options - suggestions most welcome!

Thanks
Mat

Sundays are usually good for me Mat, but I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on that particular weekend as I'm working at the show on Sunday and helping set the stands up on Saturday. :(

Andy x

Sundays are usually good for me Mat, but I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on that particular weekend as I'm working at the show on Sunday and helping set the stands up on Saturday. :(

Andy x

Shame - will just mean we'll have to have a trip to see Andy! Lots Geeks with lots of questions. :wink2:

For those staying in hotels around Excel I was thinking finding a suitable bar or something for drinks in the evening, probably on the Saturday.

Personally, what with childcare etc I wouldn't be able to justify to hubby 2 weekends away so close together.

And if there are lots of us meeting up at Excel anyway wouldn't it be better to have a Geeky meet sometime later in the year?

I think it sounds great, depending on when it is. I dont know when the weekend is you've come up with as I must admit I've never thought about going to the big exhibition type things as no one to go with.

Latest posts

Back