Geek Manners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Got to have a rant.

It amazes me how many people start a thread and then they don't bother coming back to read the replies, let alone even bother to acknowledge them or say thank you.

Worse still, I suspect that if they don't much care for the geek/s that have taken the time to kindly reply, they choose to ignore them just to be nasty.

I know that we all lead busy lives and it's easy to get distracted but I think that manners and a kind heart are important.

Just saying………...

Got to have a rant.

It amazes me how many people start a thread and then they don't bother coming back to read the replies, let alone even bother to acknowledge them or say thank you.

Worse still, I suspect that if they don't much care for the geek/s that have taken the time to kindly reply, they choose to ignore them just to be nasty.

I know that we all lead busy lives and it's easy to get distracted but I think that manners and a kind heart are important.

Just saying………...

Yep, it's quite rude is it not.

It makes me think these are the kind of people who would walk through the door you are holding open for them without a thank-you.

Or they are the person who would just let the door close in your face.

Or the person who walks into you or steps on your toes without a sorry.

If you don't want to be that kind of person geeks then show some respect!

xx

Totally agree 😃

I couldn't agree with you more Kim, I thought it was just me that thought this.

Even if the op does not agree with what a poster says they should at least acknowledge their reply out of politeness.

Totally agree, my thread got closed.

You've put it slightly better than me, I was very blunt!

I feel alot of people are rude!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, threads like these generally degenerate into someone taking it personally and then all hell breaks loose.

I would like to close this one so that this does not happen.

I will leave you all with this one thought:

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you

This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

This is Rule no. 9 - these are the rules that everyone agrees to abide by when they register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back