Quantcast

Geek Rehab programme?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Soz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
Location
Herne Bay, Kent
Hi mine name's Sarah and I'm a Geekaholic...

there I've actually said it...

anyone else agree that there should be NG rehab programme kinda like the nail equivalent of the Priory 'cos I'm so addicted. Admittedly I also often take a large glass of the red stuff up to the study with me (which means I probably have a different problem as well :D ). I'm sure 'himself' thinks I'm having online shinanigans with someone else!!! In fact I need to increase my business just to put towards my plastic surgery fund to do something about the horrendous bags under my eyes 'cos I spend too long on here!!!!

anyone else feel they're on the same slippery slope?
 

teresajay

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
ROMFORD
Hi,

I have to agree it is addictive. It is part of my daily routine now to log on and catch up with all the new threads and I'd be lost without the site. I'm not going on holiday this year but if I was I think Id have to have a whole day off just so I could catch up on everything I would have missed. My husband even calls me geeky lol.
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
My name is Ruth and I am a geekaholic............
I am also a nail spotter, tubes, buses, trains......... I spot and make a mental note of nails in any shape of form..........

and to add to my addictions I am also an education junkie........U name it I want to learn it!!!!!! And will travel for miles and miles and miles to get a fix.........

I am also a Business card dumper............ Ladies loos, Restaurants but I have refrained so far from Telephone booths............. but for how long I just don't know.............. the urge is there ..............

There I have admitted it........ I am hooked on anything nails
related..............help do I want it lol..........nope I am just fine and dandy as I am.................But the panda look is a bit frightning, but you do get used to it after a few months on here...........
 

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Joined
May 12, 2003
Messages
3,612
Reaction score
212
Location
Nr Gatwick, West Sussex
Nailsinlondon1 said:
My name is Ruth and I am a geekaholic............
I am also a nail spotter, tubes, buses, trains......... I spot and make a mental note of nails in any shape of form..........

and to add to my addictions I am also an education junkie........U name it I want to learn it!!!!!! And will travel for miles and miles and miles to get a fix.........

I am also a Business card dumper............ Ladies loos, Restaurants but I have refrained so far from Telephone booths............. but for how long I just don't know.............. the urge is there ..............

There I have admitted it........ I am hooked on anything nails
related..............help do I want it lol..........nope I am just fine and dandy as I am.................But the panda look is a bit frightning, but you do get used to it after a few months on here...........
lol ruth ya v funny chick:)

i am a geekaholic too im only just in from work and im back checking the board...lol

oh and like any tech i do notice everyones nailys too i just cant help my self- when im out on the town in a club or pub - "let me see your nails!!" (maybe its just im nosey too......lol)

Jess
xox
 

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
91
Location
Basildon
Ok......Im addicted too!! lol, good job were on broadband thats all i can say!
My husband thinks im 'chatting' (thats how i met him PMSL) He thinks i should spend less time reading about it and more time practising which is probably true but one thread leads to another and before i know it ive been reading for hours!
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
My name is Samantha and I am a geekaholic, nailaholic, workaholic, Samaholic, clothesaholic and shoesaholic ummmm anything else??? I have admitted to my sins - I feel so much BETTER now!!
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Yes Samantha I agree I feel so much better now for admitting all this.............
Oh heck jsut spilled Voddy on my keyboard................ Oh did I mention that addiction????
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Yes Samantha I agree I feel so much better now for admitting all this.............
Oh heck jsut spilled Voddy on my keyboard................ Oh did I mention that addiction????
no you didn't - just like my Chardonnay 'friend' wasn't mentioned either!! :rolleyes:
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Your Chardonnay friend and my Voddy friend hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i feel a geeky cyberparty coming on.....................then we can all admit to our sins lol........ well some of them xxxxxxxxxxx a girl has to have some secrets xxxx
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,232
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
My name is Lesley and I am a Geekaholic............I will even come onto the site in between clients, My house is becoming more untidy due to the hours I spend on this site, I am now getting 5 hours sleep per night because of my late night chats with fellow geeks.
I feel that my addiction is non treatable while this site is here :cool:
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
It might be non treatable Lesley, but with huge alcohol consumption made even more fun......
Then in the morning you can blame the drink for the bags under your eyes and tiredness and not the geek addiction..........

Hides the real addiction symtoms and encourages pity from others...........
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
Hello group

My name is Tracy and i am a geek-a-holic! Shop-a-holic, choc-a-holic, champaholic, workaholic, everything a holic really.

Any hope for me? No didnt think so!
 

Sassy Hassy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
13,103
Reaction score
694
Location
Eire
Hello, we are Sarah Haslam's hands. We have been geekaholics for only a few months now, and we don't think there is a cure. Sarah has tried walking past the laptop and avoiding the on button, but no, we have minds of our own now. We even pretend to push the on button to check the bank balance on-line and then push the geek button "in error", are we in denial?

I just don't know how to control my hands anymore. I think they need help!
 

BeachBabe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
Wiltshire
I have a shortcut on my AOL toolbar carousel thingy which looks like the Geek hat!

Currently I have a really boring job and i'm on my own ALL DAY so I can spend all day browsing if I want...I'm starting a new job next month which is much better paid but i thought of turning it down as I'd only be able to go on the internet at lunch times!!!

I am OBSESSED

P.S. I have a glass of Frascati...I see a recurring theme happening here.
 

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
667
Location
Leeds, UK
Right. I am a freaking geek. a freaking lurpy geek. I dont have a problem... everyone else does :)

Seldom does a day go by that I have not checked the site (or done something to it). I freaking dream these-> :p ;) :| :rolleyes: :green: :twisted:

Now what the hell does that mean?

Sometimes I wonder what the hell I started here :p
 

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
18,509
Reaction score
816
Location
Valencia, España
you started a site for "freaking geeks" and "everything-a-holics" lol

I think it's fab to have so many "geeks & aholics" in one place
Sandi aka (redwine-aholic and geek-aholic) :D
 

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
Hi

My name is Teena and I'm a Geekaholic. I visit the site at least once a day. I try to walk past, but I can't. My computer went down the other day, wouldn't let me on the internet, I think it was trying to make me go cold turkey, but I beat it. I installed AOL on my old laptop (even though that man from AOL said it wouldn't work - fooled him too!) and visited from there! The desktop's given up trying to make me quit so I'm using it again.

I must practise nails, but I feel the pull of the Geek board, it whispers '' Come to me, come to me....'' and I must do as it says......

 

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
4,299
Reaction score
243
Location
Wolverhampton, W. Mids.
.... Oh OK .. My name is Gloria ... and I am a Geekaholic ... there I said it :twisted:
I give in to temptation on a daily basis, I nab my sons pc while he does his paper round in the mornings and sometimes when he ventures out in the evenings,then I double dose .. yeah so what! :o
I dont care what people think of me, and Im about to commit the ultimate sin ... Im buying my own pc in a week or so to enable me to come here as and when I like.
Im prone to cheap bottles of plonk too but nothing gets my adrenalin flowing like a cup of tea, a choccie biscuit .. and a good thread on Onycholysis ;)
 

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
Glorsclaws said:
.... Oh OK .. My name is Gloria ... and I am a Geekaholic ... there I said it :twisted:
I give in to temptation on a daily basis, I nab my sons pc while he does his paper round in the mornings and sometimes when he ventures out in the evenings,then I double dose .. yeah so what! :o
I dont care what people think of me, and Im about to commit the ultimate sin ... Im buying my own pc in a week or so to enable me to come here as and when I like.
Im prone to cheap bottles of plonk too but nothing gets my adrenalin flowing like a cup of tea, a choccie biscuit .. and a good thread on Onycholysis ;)
Afraid I have to agree - my favourite accompaniment to my addiction to "Geeking it" would be tea & biscuits too!
 

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
477
Location
Yorkshire
Sassy Hassy said:
Hello, we are Sarah Haslam's hands. We have been geekaholics for only a few months now, and we don't think there is a cure. Sarah has tried walking past the laptop and avoiding the on button, but no, we have minds of our own now. We even pretend to push the on button to check the bank balance on-line and then push the geek button "in error", are we in denial?

I just don't know how to control my hands anymore. I think they need help!
Absolute Classic!!! Hi Sassy's Hands - keep leading her in the right direction - she obviously feels better for it!!! :)
 

Latest posts

Top