Geek Secret Santa 2007

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just go to the other thread. :) <hug>

I appreciate what you are saying Victoria, truely, but I don't think this should really be about breaking last year's record of Secret Santa. If people don't like the idea of 'starting Christmas early', when they receive their gift they have the option of leaving it to place under their tree for Christmas Day. Prior to this they can acknowledge on site that they have received their gift so that the sender knows the receiver has got it. PM's of thanks can be sent after Christmas in this case.

You have a lovely enthusiasm and I think you are very kind to take this on again this year. However, if you really feel you have to extend the deadline further, then why not extend it by one more week only to the 18th. Beyond this, I still feel it's just too late.

No offence please as none intended :hug:. I offered my thoughts and will leave it be now. Got to put my head in my books again:lol:. xx

I'm thinking the 30th is late as well....and the 18th is still pushing it to get it by Christmas .........

You know how it gets Victoria.....with "life"...........well mine is busy too....:rolleyes:
I'm already doing my shopping and have been waiting for my "secret geek " so I can go shopping and get it in the post !!.........
PLEASE don't extend till further to get more peeps !!!
...some geeks on here have already said why they are not participating and the others who did not notice.....
well if they don't make it there is always next year !!! .......

JMO:rolleyes:

I would just like to point out:
I did NOT extend it to beat last year's record. That's just for fun, and unimportant.
I extended it because of latecomers that have said "oh, I didn't see the stickey" and because of a few requests to delay it a little bit.

Sorry if I was misunderstood. Beating the record would be nice, but it sure as heck is NOT what this is about.
This is about XMAS and giving and getting to know one another a little bit more. It's about good cheer and sharing and celebrating life.

Of note:
It's been brought to my attention that there's another geek secret santa going on, outside of geek, and my understanding is that those geeks are chosing not to participate in this one.
Perhaps there is more than one, taking place.

So, since I've also received objections to the extension and because of the additional secret santa's taking place, I will revert to the original closing date of November 11th.
To be honest, I don't want to be scrambling in December either.

I hope that everyone understands. I'm very sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks
:hug:

SECRET SANTA IS NOW CLOSED

I have a client this morning, and have to go immediately to the car garage after her (my old bazoo stalled out on me yesterday :irked: and then the power went UGH).

Depending on when I get back from the garage, will determine when I start assigning names.

DO NOT PM ME ASKING ME WHERE YOUR MESSAGE IS until I have posted a thread titled "ALL PM'S SENT" or some such.

I will get these out as fast as I can, but in all likelihood, I won't finish until after my clients this evening (which is when you will all be sleeping).

Thanks for your patience, and your participation.
The fun is soon to begin.
:green::hug:

Of note:
It's been brought to my attention that there's another geek secret santa going on, outside of geek, and my understanding is that those geeks are chosing not to participate in this one.
Perhaps there is more than one, taking place.

Well thats a shame isn't it after all your hard work organising this one. Wonder why some people feel the need to have a totally seperate one from the rest of us.....:rolleyes:

geeks dont have to participate in this one...i know victoria does put hard work into it...i am not doing it simple reason...harry skinters and no time to scrath my b*m...pmsl...but if geeks want to do it between them selves it shouldnt be an issue....this is like one big work place with different departments.....and in some workplaces each dept (group of buddies) do their own...no problem is it.

Well thats a shame isn't it after all your hard work organising this one. Wonder why some people feel the need to have a totally seperate one from the rest of us.....:rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly Juliette.
Well done to Victoria for organising all of this again.:hug:

OK so let me get this straight peeps - if we have a group of geeks who say work together, it is frowned upon for them to have a Secret Santa among themselves.

Sorry guys but with such a huge group of diverse people on here some people might feel uncomfortable buying something for someone they know absolutely nothing about - despite the snippets of information we get given.

Lets not get this out of perspective here - it was supposed to be a bit of fun and no one should be made to feel guilty about not joining in.

As the person who started this thread, and the person who doesn't want to see an Xmas thread go awry. This thread has served it's purpose, and needn't be open any longer.
Particularly if people are going to have a negative debate.
I would much prefer to nip this in the bud.

I would appreciate if a moderator close this thread.

THANKS
:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back