Geek Secret Santa 2007

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for doing this again thisyear victoria, it was so much fun last year reading the posts about what people got, i have pm'd you, i look forward to my geek gift more than i do the one from my hubby, lol, dont let him hear me say that:)

5 to 10 canadian $ :?:

What's that in sterling :?: thanks x

I pm'd you on Monday hun. Did you not get it?

Last year's monetary limit is no longer in place.
I'm leaving the amount up to the spender's discretion.
BUT PLEASE, don't overspend.

We're talking about silly trinkets, nothing more. ok?
We don't want anyone on a budget embarassed about sending a small gift. For some people, shipping can cost as much as 20$ for something really small, because of where they live and where their receiver lives.

Example: I'm in Canada, most of you are in the UK.Odds are, I'll have to send to the UK. Shipping within the UK is not so much... but from the US to the UK or CDA to the UK? EEKS:eek:

To verify if your name is on the list, there is a separate thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...07-participants-please-verify-youre-list.html

I add the names that I receive after every 10pms I get.

Hope this helps
:hug:

will send my details soon... but have to get brain working on likes:irked:..
I,m not a fussy bird at all:lol:

Oh I am so excited I loved it so much last year I cant wait.
I pmd you tonight Victoria so no excuses to miss me out:lol:

REMINDER:

CUT OFF IS NOVEMBER 11TH,
only 9 days away!!!

Last year we had just over 100 participants.

Come on ladies and gents...

Get your names in:green:

Tbh V it's so far away,maybe adding a week on to cut off will encourage geeks to get their names put on the list :!: Just a suggestion x

Hope you haven't forgotten about me Victoria as I am still not on the list:cry:
Come on geeks its a great time to show everyone how much we all appreciate all the help we receive on here:hug:

PLEASE NOTE: LIST OF PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN UPDATED
Please check for your name if you've recently sent me a pm.

ALSO
PRETTY PLEASE INCLUDE ALL NECESSARY INFO when pm'ing me.

THANKS!!!

Now send in your pm's geeks. I'd like to see better participation than last year!! (in other words, let's beat our previous record)

Giant :hug:

I'm not on the list! panic!!!!!:eek:

Sorry everyone!

It's now 11:33pm... and though I had the best of intentions to update the list this afternoon... life gets in the way of living and a client called with an 'emergency'. Then it was dinner, then more clients.....
I WILL do it tomorrow afternoon!
I have started it on my 'word', and when finished, will copy and paste and sort (alpha) etc.. THEN put it here.

SOOO VERY SORRY!:cry:

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED

:green:

I'm on!!! yippee! and thanks for doing this, this is brilliant as its my first year doing it.

CUT-OFF DATE IS NOW NOVEMBER 30TH

I have extended the cut-off date, since participation numbers are down:cry:

I hope that this will help bring them up.

So come on ladies and gents - get your names in.

AND YO!!!! MODERATORS/SAM/GEEG ETC...

YES I DO EXPECT YOU TO PARTICIPATE:!::!::!::!::evil:

You people are the reason that this site exists, and we wouldn't have a Secret Santa without you.
Without this site, many geeks would be floundering terribly, perhaps giving up altogether. YOU make our futures and our careers BRIGHTER in so many ways. YOU gave us this chance to change our lives.

YES I'm waxing on... sorry!
BUT the fact is, if this site was not what it is, and didn't exist.... I very likely would have thrown in the towel some time ago. AND ended up back in the office, stressed out and never seeing my kids due to ruddy overtime and nasty travel issues.
THIS SITE and the people in it are the reason I'm succeeding!
THIS SITE IS WHY I can be with my children and have a successful career and be my own boss!
THIS SITE has given me time with my children... before they grow up and I miss it all.:cry:
And I'm SURE that this is true for MANY geeks!

So, pretty please, humour this evil elf, and get your names/addies/details in.
PRETTY PLEASE:hug:

May I make a suggestion please Victoria? Personally I think 30th November as the cut off date a wee bit too late. Here are my reasons:

In our part of the world (UK) as in many others I'm sure, the shops are already going mad. I personally try to avoid the shops in early December and like many other people, try to complete all my Christmas shopping well before then.

We have also had major postal union disputes here in the UK and it is reported that some people still have not received their back log of post, so goodness knows how Royal Mail are going to cope with the Christmas rush.

As we all know the build up to Christmas can become manic at the best of times and I think many of us are trying to organize our lives around various Christmas functions such as parties, school concerts, end of term exams (for students) etc...... so in the nicest possible way I really do feel that leaving this until end of November is just too late :hug:.

Last year peeps felt let down because they never received their Secret Santa (for whatever reasons) and we really would like to avoid this happening again. Those peeps who wish to and can participate in this years Secret Santa have already expressed their interest. I applaud your fabulous efforts in organizing this Victoria :hug:, but IMHO I feel the original date should not be changed. xx

I happen to agree with you, Mrs Clooney, hence the original date.
HOWEVER, the numbers are low..... and I'm not getting the responses that I anticipated.
I figure if I give it more time, then maybe we'll get more participants?

Just this morning, two late comers said something to the effect "oh, I hadn't noticed the sticky":eek:

AND
some don't like the idea of starting Xmas early:confused:

I think perhaps many of us, who geek frequently, glance at the stickies and don't truly notice them, because they don't change all that often, and pretty much remain the same (except for things like Santa Geek & Children In Need).
So, once again, I'm stuck putting the cut-off later than I'd like.

BUT if I get a great influx and have over a hundred BEFORE the cut-off, I 'might' say "ok you've got 24hrs, we're closing this thing".
We'll see.

But thanks for your input

I happen to agree with you, Mrs Clooney, hence the original date.
HOWEVER, the numbers are low..... and I'm not getting the responses that I anticipated.
I figure if I give it more time, then maybe we'll get more participants?

Just this morning, two late comers said something to the effect "oh, I hadn't noticed the sticky":eek:

AND
some don't like the idea of starting Xmas early:confused:

I think perhaps many of us, who geek frequently, glance at the stickies and don't truly notice them, because they don't change all that often, and pretty much remain the same (except for things like Santa Geek & Children In Need).
So, once again, I'm stuck putting the cut-off later than I'd like.

BUT if I get a great influx and have over a hundred BEFORE the cut-off, I 'might' say "ok you've got 24hrs, we're closing this thing".
We'll see.

But thanks for your input
I appreciate what you are saying Victoria, truely, but I don't think this should really be about breaking last year's record of Secret Santa. If people don't like the idea of 'starting Christmas early', when they receive their gift they have the option of leaving it to place under their tree for Christmas Day. Prior to this they can acknowledge on site that they have received their gift so that the sender knows the receiver has got it. PM's of thanks can be sent after Christmas in this case.

You have a lovely enthusiasm and I think you are very kind to take this on again this year. However, if you really feel you have to extend the deadline further, then why not extend it by one more week only to the 18th. Beyond this, I still feel it's just too late.

No offence please as none intended :hug:. I offered my thoughts and will leave it be now. Got to put my head in my books again:lol:. xx

Any sign of the updated list yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back