Geek Secret Santa Christmas Cards 2011- Sign up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
Dearest Geeks-

In light of the upcoming holiday season, and what I feel is a serious need for some love and community spirit around SG at the minute, I've been given the go ahead to resurrect the yearly Geek Secret Santa that was originally organised by Victoria way back when.

This year, it was suggested that with so many of us Geeks now, gift exchanges weren't a great idea. . .

So I'm proposing a card exchange via email, (thank you Mods and Geek Guides for the suggestion!) whereby we will be sending our Geek a holiday card instead!

If you would like to get involved, please PM me with your name, your preferred email address, and anything else you feel is relevant, for example, Geeks that don't celebrate Christmas may prefer to receive Holiday wishes, rather than a Christmas card.

By signing up, you are committing to email your Secret Geek a holiday card of some kind, to be recieved by Christmas, and will receive one from a different Geek in return. There are many online digital card companies that can be used for free, or creative types can make their own!

Anyway, i've surely rambled on enough, so please get involved by sending me your PM'd details, (Not in the public thread please!) if you like the idea.

I'm hoping to organise and send out everyone's secret santa on December 5th, so get in touch before then!! ;)

Love to you all! x x

Giving this a bump so it doesn't get missed, hope a lot more Geeks will get involved!

Let's share the love! x x x

Dearest Geeks-

In light of the upcoming holiday season, and what I feel is a serious need for some love and community spirit around SG at the minute, I've been given the go ahead to resurrect the yearly Geek Secret Santa that was originally organised by Victoria way back when.

This year, it was suggested that with so many of us Geeks now, gift exchanges weren't a great idea. . .

So I'm proposing a card exchange via email, (thank you Mods and Geek Guides for the suggestion!) whereby we will be sending our Geek a holiday card instead!

Great idea to downsize it.
SG is not the small community it was when I started the Secret Santa, and was a project full of challenges (folks failing to send parcels, parcels lost in the mail....).

Downsizing it due to the size of SG is probably best, and since the economy sucks now and some simply can't afford to ship parcels around the world, probably easier for those to participate that are budget-challenged.

GREAT IDEA FOLKS:!:

Count me in... I think it's a great idea!

Now I just have to suss out how to send e cards :lol:

I'll PM you with my email address x Fee x

Lovely idea. I'm in too. PM on it's way xx

Big Thank You Victoria for stopping by, and for letting me run off with your idea, of course!

And thanks to all that have signed up so far. . . Now help me convince everyone else lol ;) x x

Fab idea, Im with Angel though, gonna have to work out how to send them!!

Fab idea, Im with Angel though, gonna have to work out how to send them!!

I've had a look at some card places online, I'll have to get some links up. Otherwise, many of the places available on the web- if you search for email cards or sending digital cards etc.- will do it all for you! Many are free to use:)

Even if you made your own, you could make up a picture and email it as an attachment with a nice message.

Hope that helps!

Felicia xx

Count me in lol :lol:

count me in!! will PM now!

Morning Geeks! :hug:

I'm bumping this up again

I think this card idea is a really lovely one of Fee's and best of all, it's free.

Go on... get involved, it'll make you :) ... I promise! ;)

I'm in will PM you now :)

PM on it's way :) xx

Anymore Takers? Not that I'm desperate to give myself even more work to do... Lol.

The list of Geeks is still looking a little Lonely though! x x

I've PM'd you its a great idea x

I'm pm'ing :) xx

Sounds fun. I'm in :)

I'm sending out the secret santa matches either tonight before bed or tomorrow morning, so those of you that signed up, look out for my PM! Hope you have fun getting your cards ready for your Geek.

A big thank you again to all that have gotten involved . . . and a great big (respectful) Bah Humbug to the rest of you!! ;)

Fee xx

Latest posts

Back