Geek Tweaks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed a few subtle changes over the past couple of weeks. For those of you that haven't, well - here is a summary!

We have added beauty, holistic, tanning, waxing, brows, lashes and makeup options to your profile and posts. Note that this isn't an exhausted list - but I have to draw the line somewhere! You can assign which sectors you are a professional in via Settings > Edit Your Details

New cool "rankbars" for quick and easy identification of Admins, Team (mods), Guide, Premium and Registered Geeks

New post layout. This new layout is designed to emphasize readability and improve content flow. This moves user information off to the left, softens control buttons (until hovering over the post) and removes signatures. I am sure that one will be a bug bear for some, however the old style will still exist for the foreseeable future (you can change the style via the menu in the lower right of the page). Note that unregistered people never saw the signatures anyway and that signatures will still appear in the other areas of the site.

We have moved your "Name" setting to show in your posts. This is of course optional, and you can edit it via Settings > Edit Your Details page.

We have added options for displaying various related sites in your posts. Specifically Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more. These can be edited via Settings > Edit Your Details. Note that these setting do show to guests.

We have tweaked the navigation slightly to focus on core areas of the site.

There is now also a "My Forum". This is a special forum where your threads can only be seen by Admins, the Team and Guides (and yourself of course!). It is designed to give you a direct and more "private" method of communication to the team.

We have increased the allowed size of your avatar from 100px to 125px. Bigger is better!

As ever, we hope you nJoy these improvements (and more to come).

Last edited:
Loving the tweaks Sam, yes posts flow now :)

Shame about the signatures but I'm sure they took up a lot of bandwidth

One question, any reason the smilies have been moved around?

unsure about Smilies, haven't touched them :)

Okay...... I like the new layout, but as ever my small brain takes a while to get used to it!! Some Guide I'm going to be til I'm up to speed, lol!!

I am liking the new layout, very easy on the eyes.

Also the updates in profile are excellent, I've just added facebook, twitter and linked in following the instructions.

I've got smilies btw :cool:

Someone's been busy haven't they Sam? :wink2:

PS: Hope to catch up with you at PB next week.

Where has the blogs section moved to? I really miss it!

Found it, it's under other.

Love the new tweaks too Sam!!
And I too am looking forward to meeting you at the show.

Samuel am I being really thick??? For some reason I cannot see my Fb and Twitter buttons on the side bar <<<<< but I have filled them both in and it shows on my profile:mad:
xxxx

Samuel am I being really thick??? For some reason I cannot see my Fb and Twitter buttons on the side bar <<<<< but I have filled them both in and it shows on my profile:mad:
xxxx
Did you put http:// in front of the links? That might help.

Confused.com:confused:

Why can't I rep some geeks and edit and quote posts?

Oh how I hate change... I'm too old to get used to new things he he he!!

By the way Sam, what's the story with the smilies... they always go a bit hay wire when you've been tinkering with the site.

Now I have to go looking for the hug icon to let you know that all is OK and I still love Salon Geek... hey I'll just use this one instead, it's handier :Love:

I love the new bits and bobs. Only just noticed the change in the body of the text layout in the threads.

If possible I would love an aesthetics professional option but I know that's being a bit cheeky. Fab, don't know where you have the time to fit it all in!!! x

I love the changes so far………a lot easier on the eye for some strange reason.

Sorry I just read your thread properly and hovered over them.. whoops, I really have to stop geeking and doing my nails while talking to my friend at the same time!! :smack:

xxxx

All sorted, it was just a wee problem with the codes!

Great idea, thanks :)

Excellent news) but I am in love with Salon Geek for IPhone ;)

Nail designer with a twist;)

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying. Have added Massage to the list, but don't think there is room to add anymore :(

Latest posts

Back