GeekBay: Goin'... Goin'... gone.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As I begin to prepare for a new year by preparing a round of updates for our site, I have been re-visiting certain areas to determine their value to the community.

enter GeekBay.

A few years ago, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to have an area for nail professionals to swap out products with other nail professionals. Kind of an E-Bay but for geeks. Called... GeekBay. Get it? E-Bay... GeekBay... E... Geek... er... ok...

Geeks around the world rejoiced as GeekBay fulfilled their every want and desire for an e-bay styled system. Well, maybe not every desire :)
Folks, the simple fact it that in it's current incarnation, GeekBay will not survive the upgrade. As such, the moderating team and I have decided to put a 'do not resuscitate' sticker on it.

This doesn't mean that GeekBay will never ever return... it just means it will be going away for awhile. It could be a long while. A very long while.

Therefore, say your goodbyes. Spend some quality last moments. Cherish the memories. GeekBay goes away on December 17th to make way for a bigger, brighter and geekier future.

nJoy

aww i will be sad to see it go , it was handy , but hey ho never mind :green:

R.I.P. Geekbay.

what will we have in its place???????????????....goodbye geekbay xxxx

It has had its day :cry: R.I.P Geekbay
Roll on something new and exciting in its place maybe even the Chatroom in its place:hug:

yeahhhhh!!! bring back the chatroom!!!

As you say oh master:lol:

If geekbay is gone, can we have our pressies and geekmolians back? :lol:

I miss my pressies:cry:

if we do have something to sell/swop will it now be ok to do a thread in chat...?

if we do have something to sell/swop will it now be ok to do a thread in chat...?

Unfortunately not as this will be tantamount to advertising for financial gain, sorry.

Geekbay, gone but not forgotten LOL.

ooooooooo i hope we get a chat room in its place as when you look at theres quite a few of us want one,come on its xmas can we have a xmas chat room please?? as our geeky prezy from you xxx hint hint

God thats a bummer but it hasnt been working properly since the last upgrade so bye geekbay.
BRING BACK THE CHATROOM:hug:

I agree...I miss my geekmolians!! :cry:

Unfortunately not as this will be tantamount to advertising for financial gain, sorry.

Geekbay, gone but not forgotten LOL.

no worries, just thought i'd ask before the site starts looking like ebay r us...:lol:

i also agree,ive never had any pressies:cry:
but i miss my geekmolians too,bring them back pleeaaase?

Geekmolians/presents are not around the corner. Chat Room might be, other cooler stuff is as well :)

goodbye geekbay

.... now the chatroom back.... that would be fab :green:

Jess
xox

Please sir may we have the shoutbox back on the homepage where it used to be ... I forget about it where it is now and I love to see people hollering! It may also stop all the darned threads about "xyz please empty your pm box cos it's full" .... oooh they drive me kerazy!:lol:

oh my Lord...don't add a chat room...please noooooooooooooo......:Scared:

no idea what moolian thingies are...:eek:
presents I like the sound of...but if it's not to be....

but no chat room..... other stuff is getting my juices flowing though...looking forward to it...but no chat room....

oh and goodbye Geekbay...we never met but adios....

So GeekBay is on its way to the after-life .... farewell, I'll miss you.

Please, pretty please, may we have the Pagers back?

Latest posts

Back