Geeking....do you love it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love geeking...love it love it love it....everyone is soooo helpfull the tutorials are fantastic and the people on here are brill.....whenever you need help with work or family life you post a thread and you get replys....its fab fab fab !!!!!xxxxx
p.s. thank you ALL for helping and understanding me xx:hug::hug:

i do love coming on here , even though i aint the most artisitc or talented it really gets my creativE(pardon the pun , lol ) side going , and even tho most of the times my designs suck ass compared to some on here at least it makes me want to try :lol:
i like the fact that we can all try and help each other without all the "ooh your in competition to me so i aint gonna " i think its great but i am like that anyway
ie i met a girl the other day in sallys (needed cotton wool , lol ) and she couldnt figure out what colours to use on a french and asked me :green:and i stood with her for ages talking and telling her what i used (moonlingh and roses , lol ) and trying to find the opi colour closest to it and as she was only just out of training i told her to get on here and check it out as theres was so much info available
she was astounded i was so nice , lol , i think now a days its rare that anyone helps anyone else ,
i felt good that day :green:

this site has been a total lifeline to me, deciding to go into the beauty business, i made huge mistake with the training course i chose, luckily i stumbled across this site, and wow did my eyes get opened, from the start i knew id found somehting i never want to be without.

Not only have i found hints and tips and tutorials to help me, i passed my VTCT level 2 nail treatments, because of all the encourgement.

I know if im down or sad or scared about something , i can ask advice/moan/rant on here and not be judged, someone will always help you and give advice.

Since starting my own mobile business, its become a godsend, if i need a quick answer, pop on and voila instant help, also as i few people have said, it can be lonely working for yourself, so its nice to have huge community of people to talk to, ive made some great friends, and love this place so much, i get withdrawal symptoms if i cant get on here lol

great thread Judy xxxxx

I do love geeking,
When we have quiet times I'm gutted lol,
I have quiet times myself and just like to sit and read and not open my gob...but you all keep me sane during these times,

I have gained more from this site than I could ever have possibly imagined you could gain from a website,
Knowledge I never even dreamed that there was, and loads of friends I love to bits,

I have recieved knowledge , friends, hope, inspiration, dreams, laugh's, challenges, and pride in what I do....god plus a million other things,

I love coming on here and reading a juicey piece of information, I love reading the blogs and seeing what everyones up to,
I love sharing some nails I have done with you all, As I either recieve help on improving or a pat on the back, that leaves me smiling for the rest of the day.

I love that there is a huge bunch of people on here, that like me get really excited at the link to a beautiful glitter, or a nice sharp pointy brush with a sexy handle for 35 pounds and you dont think its :eek: shocking lol,

I love helping people where I can, usually because somewhere along the line, that information has been passed on to me, and I'm spreading the lurve..

I think I had actually forgotten for a while how much I actually do appreciate all of the people who make this site what it is ....a big huge geeky network :hug:
I think I need to get of my bum, and post a bit more instead of sitting nodding at the screen lol ,

Now I'm not a one for flowery stuff - Its just great:)

We don't need to do the flowery stuff Adele - Emma has summed it up perfectly :green::hug: Could not have written better myself xxx

I must admit I often wonder what Samuel had envisaged when he created this site. Originally a Forum to discuss Nails.

Now look at it....SalonGeek, a community for Salon Professionals.
With all manner of free help and advice, and a whole lot of support from fellow geeks on a personal level, when required.

I have made a lot of friends on here........and learned a lot, and hopefully shared a lot. So to answer your question Judy..YES, I do love geeking.

Surely the sites influence and stature in the Industry has exceeded even GMG's expectations?

I love geeking, I would never have thought or believed when I joined that it would have become such a major part of my life now. I have learned so much and after doing my initial nail course, it was thanks to this site that I chose the EzFlow route.

The support and friendliness of this site is second to none. I have made great friends who are as passionate about nails as me. I could go on and on but I'll save you all that :)

:hug::hug::hug:

when i first started out, i came across this site by accident, oh joy - it helped me no end, i came here with every "stupid" question there was. i have sinced progressed, and gained many friends (they know who they are). i also answer questions (whether it right or wrong, someone with a better knowledge than me corrects me) which is a good thing, as even the most advanced members are still learning..... i dont post as mch as i did in the early days, but if i have a problem, question or what ever, i know i can come on geek and GET the CORRECT answer. this site has helped me no end in my opinion and wouldnt dream of going else where to find answers to my questions. and as one geek has already stated..how ,many other sites like this do you get free, cosher advice, where others would charge you for it.

this site has been on my fave list from when i first found it.....

ok enough already..........its late, im tired and im rambling

Yes I love, love, love it. I too work by myself and don't know anyone in the industry, so as others have said it enables me to have cyber work mates and find out the latest ideas on things.

My brother died last year, a few months before I found geeking. It really helped to give me something positive to concentrate on during the day when I didn't have any clients and everyone else was busy at school/work.

The kids and my husband just shake their heads now. "guess what mums doing" "geeking again":)

When I first joined the site I thought, 'Great! Now I don't have to bore my husband and friends with all things nails'.

Now I just bore my husband with all things Geek.:green:

Latest posts

Back