Geeking - what keeps you coming back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I have been really busy for ooooooooo ages and I am finding it more and more difficult to get my geeking time in!

However, I can't resist having a quick nosey at what's going on :lol:

So geeky what keeps you coming back - is it community spirit, fab threads about "stuff", friends, chit chat - or what?

Interested in your responses :hug:

Probably because I am nosey and have to know what is going on - I am scared of missing something juicy LOL.

Apart from you Debs:hug:
I would have to say its alot to do with the on going knowledge I seem to get from so many people.
There are not many places where there is a wealth of very talented and knowledgeable people with a huge passion for the same things.

And like Fiona I am sooooo nosey:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love this site, I have read some valuable imformation tips and had good advise while being inspired to create better enhancements & art.

Unfortunately even though there are two computers in this house I can never get on one when I would like to. So I snatch a little time in between clients during the day "kids at school - hubbie at work" And this time is usually good (unless my 8 yr old daughter is on) as hubbie at the gym, He is a online gamer and so is my 15 yr old son. I keep saying I need my own I would like a lap top so I can watch Celebrity etc and geek at the same time !

Right I`m off to run my son to his tutor and sit in Tesco car park for an hour as by the time I get home I need to go collect him. lol

got to say it,s a mixture of being nosey!!!! ........seeing what trouble people have with nails,client,s and if it the stuff that is talked about comes up with me, then i find a answer real quick!!! this site IS a addiction....i have not met you people but feel as though i have alot of friend,s on here......THANKS GEEKS.:hug::hug:for you all xxxx

I would be lost without this site. I love the info, chat, community spirit, being able to sound off in my blogs, the fantastic friends I have made, oh and the fact that I am nosey too. :lol::lol:

Even if I am busy I love to sit down with a cuppa for 5 mins and see what is happening, but my 5 mins normally turns into hours!!!!

Probably because I am nosey and have to know what is going on - I am scared of missing something juicy LOL.

i could have wrote this myself!!!!!!!!

i too am terrified ill miss out on something!!!!!!!!!!

ive just got to know everything !

i work on my own so i rarely have the opportunity to speak to anyone wh understands nails like you lot do. it helps prevent the feeling of isolation .:hug:

and i have a real thirst for knowledge, i want to be up on all the latest info and not be some old nail dinosaur. there are people in my town that trained 20 years ago when the industry was still relatively new and still do the same old thing and use out dated methods. i dont want to be left behind.

and the other thing is wanting to spread the joy. before i was in nails i was teaching textile art and the desire to help people is still there. i love to think that i might teach somebody something that could be the start of years of happiness and satisfaction to them.

ive just got to know everything !

i work on my own so i rarely have the opportunity to speak to anyone wh understands nails like you lot do. it helps prevent the feeling of isolation .:hug:

and i have a real thirst for knowledge, i want to be up on all the latest info and not be some old nail dinosaur. there are people in my town that trained 20 years ago when the industry was still relatively new and still do the same old thing and use out dated methods. i dont want to be left behind.

and the other thing is wanting to spread the joy. before i was in nails i was teaching textile art and the desire to help people is still there. i love to think that i might teach somebody something that could be the start of years of happiness and satisfaction to them.

You lot are the only people who don't think I'm a nutter!
People just don't understand how I can love nails Soooo much.

I have been reading all the great info tips etc for well over a year and made some great decisions after advice read.....& it really is sooooo addictive, although I have only really just taken the plunge and started to join in x.

that was anwer too - i just wanna see what going on - i answer if it aint been answered and dont if it has

Mostly for the information.
Then for the lighthearted escape from the day to day drill it provides.
I also like to have a nose around and see what other people think about different things.

Well now let's take this morning as a prime example - I have an hour before I have to go to work so I could get all my housework done ...

or I could just sit and geek!!!!! :green::green::green:

I learn loads on here, about my friends, about human nature ...and about the job I love. So I guess it's either education versus a clean house!

I'm afraid of missing the juicy stuff as well BUT I still usually miss it or I am the last one to find out :lol:

Apart from you Debs:hug:

you are a sweetie Karen :hug:
I would have to say its alot to do with the on going knowledge I seem to get from so many people.
There are not many places where there is a wealth of very talented and knowledgeable people with a huge passion for the same things.

And like Fiona I am sooooo nosey:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I learn loads on here, about my friends, about human nature ...and about the job I love. So I guess it's either education versus a clean house!
I think you have put that so well Sass :green:- I love to see how people "work" in every way! Also, human nature intrigues me and where better to understand people that a place like this :hug:

I come here because its easy to access as lots of info, my mates are here, I learn new things and I am nosey :lol:
Mental note to self ......... Try to get out more often:)

Because I have learned so much from it.

And yes I am nosey too:)

I have missed this site in recent months and am trying to get back into the swing....

I love it for many reasons:
Education in the industry - learning new tricks, resolving old problems, etc...
Education in Business - learning advertising tips etc
Comraderie
Support
Entertainment
Friendship

The list goes on....................................

You all know how I could wax on and on and on... :lol:
so let's leave it simple this one time.
I just plain LOVE it here and love the people here.

:hug:

• My geeky friends :hug:
  • Online trouble-shooting as and when required
  • To keep up-to-date with news and goss
  • Salon Geek is in my "Favourites" box

Latest posts

Back