Geeks and their locations!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystiq Jade

Reaction score
Happy New Year fellow Nail Geeks!! :)

I was just wondering where everyone is located! I live in Montreal, Quebec... and find that there aren't many Nail Techs in Quebec...let alone Canada compared to the USA.

What is the biggest thing that clients come to you for (Gel, Acrylic, Nail Art (dangles, etc), soaks)? I wonder if there are any different fads in each seperate area of the world :)

Also, I don't know about you guys... but I can't stand regular french manicures!!! How do we get people to become more open to something more creative!!! :o

That's enough of me being curious... All the best to everyone!

I live in West Yorkshire, England and the majority of my clients have the L&P forever french, drives me mad as i love nail art but we are there to please the client not ourselves

I would have to say that 95% of my clients ask for nail art.

I do l/p and gel.

A few wear complete colored acrylic nails.

Most ask for a color and tell me to do my thing.
The very few that are wearing p/w and natural lookng nails just don't venture too far off their normal nails.

Basically,they tell me what they want when they sit down for their appointment.

So much nail art so little time.

I live in Hampshire in the UK and about 50% of my clients have Forever French, the other 50% have a natural coloured acrylic and wear nail polish. I have done a few glitter Frenches over Christmas and a few 3D acrylic flowers but tbh I don't get many requests for nail art or anything.

Hi Mystiq!!

I'm Chateauguay, just a few minutes across the Mercier bridge, from Montreal:green:

I do UV Gel. I used to do "Gel-Resine" from France Lecuyer for about 15 or more years. I intend to learn L&P at a later date.

The majority of my clients are nail art junkies. Either A) I slowly introduced them with a flik or rhinestone here and there and they got hooked OR B) they saw my nails on someone else and wanted the nail art too.

I DETEST P&W french manicures. This is well known here on geek and by my clients:lol: It's absolute torture to me to have to do them. When I do, I beg and plead to add something, ANYTHING to keep it from being so plain and boring (sorry to my P&W diehard-friends, just an honest opinion here. I have seen some BEAUTIFULLY done P&W's here on geek, just don't like doing them myself).

Anytime you wanna get to together and talk 'nails', just give me a holler
:green:

Wow... it's such a relief to hear that others get bored with the pink & whites too! I thought I was some kind of freak or something! It's all about the nail art for me!.. always looking up sites to get inspiration! Even my husband and 11 yr old son roll their eyes and curl up their lip if I even MENTION the idea of doing pink and whites on myself!.... (just for something different)... they tell me.... 'it's just not nice to look at....no life to it!... LOL guess I trained them the right way... now, I just need to turn some of my clients around!... I'm lucky to have 2 that love the glitter! (did a wild set of LCN gels on myself the other day with natural nail bed colour and wild designs in lime and magenta glitters on the free edge...every nail a little different! My favorite so far, very pleased if I do say so myself!) Lots of great comments, but so far no new bookings because of it! *sigh*

I am in Ontario, Canada. I have a very small clientele and do mostly french, with some coloured gel especially for pedicures. I love doing french and trying to get those perfect smiles. Boring I know!

i am in leeds in england but hopefully will be over in calgary this yr :green:, am lucky coz i have a geek friend who lives theres too and she will have anything done on her nails , yay:green:

I am an aussie tech.. using creative retention+.
while im perfecting my P&W im happy to do them.. there really is so much more to it then just pink and white.. there is balance and form, finishing and rebalance (forever french).. Its nice to mix it up of course.. but i love doing french..

HI!
I live in Poughkeepsie New York, USA.
I only use Creative Retention Liquid and Perfect Pink Powder. I've used others, but this works the best for me.
99 % of my clients get nail art, thank God! If I had a sous chef for nails, all I would do is nail art!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

This makes me so happy to know I'm not the only one...!! I too, when doing a french mani... I always try to bamboozle my way into giving some kind of art... at LEAST on two fingers... usually, I get my way! :D

I completely agree there is more than just doing P&W... like balance & form, etc... but... EVERYONE get's frenchies...
ARGH!!!

:eek:

Last edited:
HI!
I live in Poughkeepsie New York, USA.
I only use Creative Retention Liquid and Perfect Pink Powder. I've used others, but this works the best for me.
99 % of my clients get nail art, thank God! If I had a sous chef for nails, all I would do is nail art!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!
Kathleen!! You're nails do ROCK!!! I love your fancy Frenches!! Now if everyone asked for french manis like those... I'd be in heaven!!! :D

And I totally hear you about the sous-chef... ;)

Wow... it's such a relief to hear that others get bored with the pink & whites too! I thought I was some kind of freak or something! It's all about the nail art for me!.. always looking up sites to get inspiration! Even my husband and 11 yr old son roll their eyes and curl up their lip if I even MENTION the idea of doing pink and whites on myself!.... (just for something different)... they tell me.... 'it's just not nice to look at....no life to it!... LOL guess I trained them the right way... now, I just need to turn some of my clients around!... I'm lucky to have 2 that love the glitter! (did a wild set of LCN gels on myself the other day with natural nail bed colour and wild designs in lime and magenta glitters on the free edge...every nail a little different! My favorite so far, very pleased if I do say so myself!) Lots of great comments, but so far no new bookings because of it! *sigh*

Haha... my husband tells me the same thing... I've done a basic french once or twice on myself... and my hubby just kinda looks at me and says "you're done??"

Haha... my husband tells me the same thing... I've done a basic french once or twice on myself... and my hubby just kinda looks at me and says "you're done??"

Tooooo funny.... that's EXACTLY what mine says!!!! LMAO

Kathleen!! You're nails do ROCK!!! I love your fancy Frenches!! Now if everyone asked for french manis like those... I'd be in heaven!!! :D

And I totally hear you about the sous-chef... ;)

Thanks so much! That inspires me!

My husband always looks at mine when I do a French also. He also says to my customers who don't get nail art, "What, no art today? That may upset Kathleen".

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

happy new year

i live in south west london

my client base is quite varied so i have a good mix all wanting different things

my younger mostly want nail art with hands and feet matching, some of my older clients will have a french but will add nail art for special occasions

Latest posts

Back