Geeks,can you help me with my shoppin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Yipee,not only have i booked my Creative induction,i have opened a secondary account :) .

I will be taking a trip to purchase some goodies,so i can become familiar before my course.

I know i need nail fresh,scrubfresh and a currette,but what else do i need?

Oh and what brush would you recomend?

Thankyou,this is very exiting !

Hi honey

Well done...you'll love you course! But, don't go overboard on the spending yet as your your induction course comes with a starter kit of a load of stuff you'll need including a brush and smal sizes of scrubfresh etc.

Which induction course are you booked - L&P? Let me know and I'll let you have the list of things you get included, and I'm sure we can also suggest a few good things for the shopping basket!

I am also doing a L & P induction Course with Creative at the end of May.

The kit is included with the price, but i need a few other bits, but i dont know what they are, i think its a curette, and a plastic bottle with citrus..etc....

I will have to have a look later tonight.

Cant wait x

Hiya,thanks Lindsay,yes it is l+p i know i shouldn't go over board,i am just soooo exited.
What do you suggest i get ?

x x x x

Don't go too mad, like has been said the kit almost includes everything and anything it doesn't will probably be to hand on the day (Marco brought along cuticle remover and pushies for us to use). The only things i wished i'd bought on my course was a cuticle pushie and cuticle remover, but i think i'm right it saying that the pushie/scraper is now provided. just go along and enjoy yourself.

Instead of the currette girls, I would suggest you buy the PROBE instead. it locks similar to the curette but I think it does a better job. Price is the same I think. I always use the probe. It is sharper (but not too sharp).

OK, Well your kit comes with

3 x powders, and 1 x Ret+,
1 x Pro Styler brush
1 x Pipette
2 x dappen dishes,
a load of forms,
Solar Oil,
small coolblue,
small scrubfresh,
1 x acid free primer
1 x Nail Enamel
Cuticle Eraser,
speed bond,
gel, bond,
4 x assorted files
100 Velocity tips and a selection of others

Not a bad selection - I added it up to be well over £120, and the induction course costs less than that!

That said, I would also get

Cuticle Remover
Citrusoak
A Creative Curette
A bigger bottle of Coolblue (maybe scrubfresh too, but I'm amazed at how long the small one lasted)
Packet of kanga Boards (I also bought the assorted file selection, so i could try all the different ones)
Some Solar Oil to sell (because you will!)

You'll so be able to shop on the day of your course, so if you feel you need to add anything then you can!

That should just about do it...but of course if your anything like me you'll end up buying other goodies too!:wink2:

geeg said:
Instead of the currette girls, I would suggest you buy the PROBE instead. it locks similar to the curette but I think it does a better job. Price is the same I think. I always use the probe. It is sharper (but not too sharp).

Mmm...thanks for the tip Gigi, I may have to try that also! I'm about to put an order in!

Thankyou all so much,i am so exited and can't wait to do it.
I will go this weekend and get the bits from your list zingara,i will also get the probe instead Geeg.
Thanks again all,i can't stop smiling !
x

Hi i'm doing the course at the mo, and we did get a pushie, currette, tip cutters and a leather pouch to put them in. We were given a list of more stuff we might want to but ie more tips,cuticle remover, citrus soak,enamel remover,sticky, super shiney,large solaroil , tip remover, most packs of files and a metal case to carry them in,ie B&Q £21 that everyone use. Hope thats some use I ended spending loads cos i wanted it all, I also got some extra solaroil mini ones to give out and customer record cards.

tamz said:
Hi i'm doing the course at the mo, and we did get a pushie, currette, tip cutters and a leather pouch to put them in. We were given a list of more stuff we might want to but ie more tips,cuticle remover, citrus soak,enamel remover,sticky, super shiney,large solaroil , tip remover, most packs of files and a metal case to carry them in,ie B&Q £21 that everyone use. Hope thats some use I ended spending loads cos i wanted it all, I also got some extra solaroil mini ones to give out and customer record cards.

Thank hun,i am a bit like you , i want it all too lol x

tamz said:

Tamz, hunny, I think thats the foundation course you get that on, yes? Is yours being done over several days? I know on the foundation you get all the tools of the trade so to speak, but the induction is a one day conversion course and I know you only get product not tools on that.

well done hun x

NailsFrmHeaven said:
well done hun x

Thanks hun, now i know i am going to get the training i need to become good at what i do :)

Zingara said:
Tamz, hunny, I think thats the foundation course you get that on, yes? Is yours being done over several days? I know on the foundation you get all the tools of the trade so to speak, but the induction is a one day conversion course and I know you only get product not tools on that.

Yep sorry that'll be why it's so much more money, i just thought it was welsh thing Sorry:Grope: ,

tamz said:
Yep sorry that'll be why it's so much more money, i just thought it was welsh thing Sorry:Grope: ,

No probs hunny!

Hi you may want to get some lint free pads and couch/manicure roll as well if you haven't got them already.

salmonsa said:
Hi you may want to get some lint free pads and couch/manicure roll as well if you haven't got them already.

Good idea, thanks chick x

When you get your letter confirming your foundation course date they usually list any extra things that you will need to buy to take with you, see what they say in that. It is very easy to overspend when you first start....I know that only too well....been there, done that!!!! Then you end up not needing half of what you initially thought that you would need. I have spent £££££+ on items that I no longer use and some I have never used, just because I wanted it all.:eek: Maybe your course academy will have OSNS there, so you can buy things if and when you need them. Best of luck and enjoy the course and just remember everyone else on the course will be just as nervous and excited as you are, so you will not be alone in that feeling.:)

Latest posts

Back