Geeks I need your help! Relationship hanging by a thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Heya geeks

I only seem to read posts on nail an skin geek but post on here with my dilemmas

Been with my boyfriend for 7 months. Nipping into his flat yesterday to pick up a surprise hed left me (flowers) my 2 boys were messing in his bedside cabinet while i was seeing to natures calls as i go back to his room and stop the kids from messing i glance in the drawer an find a needle in a wrapper 2 empty wrappers an a empty steroid bottle!!!! MY BOYFRIENDS A JUICE HEAD!!!!! i have very strong views on steroid use an have always said id never give a user the time of day, thats just me.

After speaking to him things just didnt seem right.....as he was in work 3till12am yday i went back to his to go seeing if there was more.............and there was......3more bottles of steroids and 5 or 6 more needles.

I went doolally on my boyfriend and told him if hes going to use them he can kiss me an my kids goodbye. He told me hed only used it once a few days ago an its just to give him a "boost in the gym" ............when i went back i found 2 sterile wipe wrappers. 2 syringe wrappers and 2 needle wrappers all open. Im not up on steroids but i know i dont inject a whole bottle in one go!

He is the nicest bloke ive ever been out with an he treats me like a princess so he isnt ur typical psycho sted head!

I dont know what to do?
I love the bones of him but it disgusts me at the thought hes injecting these things into him.
Me an my boys stay there 1 or 2 nights a week an id be really irresponsible if i carried on staying for my kids sake.
I made him choose steroids or me an he said it was a no brainer an it would be me but how can i trust him?

HELLLLPPPPPPPP

Walk away. Sorry I cant offer you more advice, but from experience, end it sooner rather than later.

I know this is quite rare from using steroids but my sisters ex actually lost his leg caused from steroid injections (he had heart problems too) he is only in his late 20's. He became quite snappy and paranoid I'm not sure if that's related to steroid use?
I can't offer much advice but that's what can happen worst case mind you!
Hopefully he truly leaves the injections alone knowing how strongly you are against it. X

See mine uses them and it doesn't affect his mood or anything so sometimes that can just be a excuse people use, but you've not only got yourself to think about you have your boys. So I would say trust your gut and do what you think is best

Thanks geeks :)

Ive been on bodybuilding forums most of the day and certain ones your can go snappy moody crazy lol hes like a big gentle giant my boyfriend, i told him id rather find him in bed with someone else than find the steroids! I was more annoyed at the fact hed left them in his draws when he knows the boys play about in there sometimes. From what ive read the one he is using is really painful to inject. I just cant fathom why he would want to do it? He doesnt compete. He goes the gym every day an eats relatively good. He doesnt know i know about the other bottles an needles, im going round to his tonight to talk (we were meant to be staying tonight) and see what he says. Xx

This is a difficult one ....how would you feel if your boyfriend took any other type of drug? Anabolic steroids are still drugs and can have negative impact on the body and mind....I know I was a gym widow for years my ex took steroids unbeknown to me ...until I took the rubbish out one day and the binbag split and i found an empty steroid bottle ....he said he had only used them once when I confronted him....he at the time was a fairly decent bloke not aggressive at all he promised to stop as I'm totally against drug use of this type due to my best friend dying from substance misuse ...over time he became paranoid, irritable, and sometimes physically aggressive he had dramatic mood swings and was just a totally different person to who I thought I knew ....yet at other times he could be wonderful the tell tale signs for me along with his mood changes that he was still using was due to acne related spots on his back ....he started to get more involved with the gym and wanted to be there all the time even when his friend had a massive heart attack and died from steroid misuse he still didn't quit ....he lied all the time and said he had quit and I knew he hadn't.... it's difficult I presume to quit as with any drug I assume there's a withdrawal period I didn't stick around with my ex to find out but I know that he always wanted to work with children and his drug use affected his ability to do that so it can affect your life in so many ways....the only advice I can really give is do what's right for you and your boys x

Thanks geeks

I went to see him an talk to he him an he was an arsy *insert profanitie here* haha
He lied point blank to my face an when i confronted him about the other stuff he tried to change his story!
After the BS i walked out an ended the relationship.
He has not contacted me since!!
For someone who said he wanted to spend his life with me why would you do that? I dont get it? He was the nicest bloke ever and wouldnt hurt me in any way......why not fight for your relationship?
To say im heartbroken is an understatment, i know i ended it but us woman are emotional messes at times arent we haha
What will be will be i suppose xxxxxx

It's tough Mommabear. But be proud that you have done what's right for you and your children. Hugs to you xx

Do what you think is right. If he respects you and your relationship, he'd stop at whatever he's doing wrong.

It's firstly very irresponsible to leave neededs and paraphernalia around anywhere where children are full stop, secondly the arsy attitude he gave u when you went to talk to him will continue in various forms I promise... I've watched 2 dear friends relationship be torn apart because of steroids, in her words she would call him jeckle & Hyde, get out now before it gets nasty, not just for your sake but for your childrens too, their the real victims of this kind if situation, sorry if that sounds harsh but this story is so close to home for me, it took me months to get over the shock of it all and the poor children a year on are still trying to settle, the moods get quite vicious in even the gentlest of folk x

Latest posts

Back