Geeks Rica II - The Gossip!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear All -

Firstly thank you all so much for the Congratulations posts that so many of you made. This was a very important conference for all of us (Charles 'CEO' Cawthray, Gillian 'Sales Director' Cawthray, Samuel 'Education Director' Sweet and myself 'PR Director'). The reason I have listed our titles is so you all know and are aware of who does what!

Many of our customers (and I am sure our competitors:idea: ) will know that the last few months have been difficult and we have been riding the storm in the best way that we can. Creative Nail Design took the decision at the end of 2003 to move their shipping department to two separate places; Jacksonville in Florida and (can't pronounce the name) city in Mexico. The company owner of Creative Nail Design, the Colomer Group have AMAZING facilities there that, for the future, will seriously be able to help us with the potential future growth - something that Creative couldn't do in Vista California. Land in California is SOOOO much more expensive than any other state and so the logical conclusion was to use the state-of-the-art facilities that were already in place!

OK, so this all sounds great and the move was put in place for July 2005 - we knew it was going to happen and to compensate the move, CND had to create enough product for the 'international' distributors (CND is available now in 47 different countries) - the UK being the largest Global Distributor. What happened, was that some international distributors got 'antsy' about the move and ordered WAY MORE than they would have done normally plus, CND didn't make enough product to keep the rest going during the move - they thought they had, but in actual fact, they under-estimated way too much.

SO, this meant, that there has been shortages (and I know that many of you know what I am talking about) and it has been a very hard time for us and more importantly... for you guys. At this point, I would like to thank so many of you for your un-ending and un-questionable loyalty and patience during this time, (the fact that 2.3oz Super Shiny or 32oz Scrubfresh has been like gold-dust, has driven people crazy and I am sure our competitors have been thrilled when our customers have had to turn else where to get product! :rolleyes: ).

In my or should I say OUR - 15 years of Creative history... we have NEVER been let down by them before and WE, have never been in a position where we have had to let-down you; it simply comes down to the fact that we have had no choice as we have been waiting product shipments from the US.

OK.... so - back to the conference. The main corporate team of CND (all of whom I have known since I was 22) came together to not only give us the news on where they are with our (all 47 distributors) shipping orders and product runs, but to also tell us WHAT IS NEW IN THE PIPELINE - what we can look forward to in 06 but more importantly 2007!!

I can tell you, that any problems you have experienced (and we are doing our damnedest to get everything back to situation-normal), should be done and dusted no later than March 31st! This doesn't mean that we won't have Scrubfresh or SS - it means that right now, the moment a shipment comes in, it goes straight out immediately... by the end of March we will be back up to our normal levels of stock (we carry a vast amount) so that we won't have the back-order situation any more. Again, I can't stress to you how sorry we and CND in the US are about this... I would also like to commend our Sales Team at HQ who have to fend off the barrage of complaints (and rightly so) as they have been through hell and back trying to accommodate as much as the can. WE KNOW that you all don't care about the whys and wherefores and nor should you... you want the products that you love and your frustrations have been way-put-upon... but I still think our Sales team have stayed as calm as possible under-fire, which they have been for more than 3 months now and I think they deserve a pat-on-the-back, round of applause or just a 'thank you' or a kind word, for what they have had to endure!

And to the 2006 Global Distributor Awards.... well, as you you all know, Samuel and the Ambassador Team have been working hard for well over two years on the Education Renaissance... so impressed were CND with Samuel's new additions and ideas that they want the program implemented across Europe so Global Education for the Creative Nail Design Academy will remain consistent... hence, the Excellence in Education Award was awarded to the DN team. Since Creative's soul is steeped in Education... this was a true honour!

We also won an award for Sales Volume (not being my area of expertise), but in lay-mans terms, it means little old England buys an awful lot of product and CND honour various growth markets.

Finally a very special award was given to our CEO Charles Cawthray (we call him Chuck)! Charles took over position of CEO (Chief Executive Officer) when my mum and dad (Gigi & Simon) moved to Spain. He comes from an illustrious business background and has great expertise in the business and financial fields - in other words, mum and dad could relax knowing he was 'steering the ship'!! :lol: Over the past few months, it hasn't just been DN that has been experiencing shipping problems - but many of our distributors. Because DN carries so much stock, Charles has been helping many of our fellow Global distributors with stock also (not Scrubfresh or SS I may add:rolleyes: )... but he has helped a great many and so CND presented him with the 'Spirit of Creative' Award... something that was totally unexpected, but judging from his face, an award that touched him deeply!! We were all very proud of him and to be a part of a company that was able to help in manyof our family distributor's 'hour of need'!

Wow this is long post... so to NEW products!! Well, I am not going to tell you just yet! As you all know, The Nail Geek was not created to be a Creative sight even though we are aware of how many Creative techs enjoy being members... it's juts that I am not ready to reveal all our new info, to our many competitors that frequent this sight daily! (If you don't think the heads of the other companies 'guest' on here frequently... you would be very mistaken!! :lol: )

It's good to be back with 3 Awards in tow and it's good to be able to share with you all our proud news - news that without Simon and Gigi... wouldn't be possible in the first place! :o :hug: :Kissing:

I will be receiving the In-Style Awards (yes, Awards with an 'S') on Tuesday night, LFW after and then to ExCeL in March where I look forward to seeing all of you.

Thanks for Reading and Listening; Thank you for your Understanding, Loyalty and Patience.
Creative Love from Samantha Sweet :hug: :Love: :Love: :Love: :hug:

God Samantha thats was nearly a novel lol
So glad that everything is going so well for cnd and its great to hear that Samuels efforts with education are being reconised and honoured. :hug:

Cool post Mrs G :cool: Congrats and pats on backs all round :hug:

Lellipop said:
God Samantha thats was nearly a novel lol
So glad that everything is going so well for cnd and its great to hear that Samuels efforts with education are being reconised and honoured. :hug:

Yes, sorry about the length... but once I start, my fingers start skipping over the keys and I also felt it was about time I addressed the situation-at-hand but didn't want to do so until I had news from CND and Global Conf. direct. Thanks Lell, we were very honoured and proud of all the awards!!:Love: :Look_left

Thanks for keeping us all posted, i love finding out about up and coming things, it makes me all excited like a kid with a new toy- my partner thinks i am crazy! Cant wait for the pending products. BRING IT ON!!! XX

Great and informative post...I am sure the news regarding the awards will be announced to us all in due course...but it is great to hear these things ASAP!!.....
I suspect Charles will be up here in Scotland next week as the Creative Academy Scotland and OSNS get ready for their big move into their new premises......
So, we will make sure to congratulate him .......

Great news about the Excellence in Education Award....well deserved by GMG.

I feel proud to have been trained by such a FAB company. A Huge Well Done to every member of staff at Creative and Designer Nails for all of their hard work and the successes it keeps bringing x x

Thank you so much guys!! :hug:

Wow I nearly had to get a coffee break:lol: . thanks for rhe update and big congratulations to yourselves, you must be chuffed to bits

Well, congratulations on the awards - very well desereved may I add!! - awards like that are all down to the hardwork and dedication that you have all put in so well done and keep up the good work - here's to many more awards to come! xx

rjryan said:
I feel proud to have been trained by such a FAB company. A Huge Well Done to every member of staff at Creative and Designer Nails for all of their hard work and the successes it keeps bringing x x

Ditto -My feelings too.
Well done xx

Fantastico Samantha & Co, well done - I know how hard you work

Cathyxx

Lellipop said:
its great to hear that Samuels efforts with education are being reconised and honoured.
couldn't agree more...

fab, informative post Samantha. Look forward to seeing you at ExCel too :hug: xx

I think it's good to hear what's been happening behind the scenes because it puts a true perspective on things so people can understand why the products haven't been available over the last few months.....and as distributors I know you have weathered the storm better than others....

The thing that touches my heart about your company is that way that you have grown from the family concern that was the salon, Designer Nails, to the business that you are today...and still a family company really.....Gigi and Simon have inspired me to the hilt....need to get him on board as a consultant for my wee business lol!

Looking forward to seeing what's new. xxx

Interesting post...............I love hearing who's who and who does what. It makes it that bit more personal.

Well done to everyone for getting things back on track as quickly as possible. xxxx

rjryan said:

Me too I agree with you:green: It was a really interesting post:Love:

thanks samantha, for explaining why scubfresh is like gold dust, now i know!! xx

THX for the heads up and congrats again!!!

Samantha,

It is great that you have taken out the time to tell us all about Costa and what 's happening with the compnay, and the well deserved awards. Some companies just wouldn't take the time to liase the info back to who matters.......the customer as you and everyone else at Creative does and its fab...................This is what breeds our loyalty to you and everyone at Creative and the Brand itself!

All of us on here really do thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being down to earth and taking the time..................:Love: :D

Gigi and Simon, thanks for imprinting you morals and standards within your daughter, so that she can then pass them onto us..............xxxxxxxx

nailcouture said:
Samantha,

It is great that you have taken out the time to tell us all about Costa and what 's happening with the compnay, and the well deserved awards. Some companies just wouldn't take the time to liase the info back to who matters.......the customer as you and everyone else at Creative does and its fab...................This is what breeds our loyalty to you and everyone at Creative and the Brand itself!

All of us on here really do thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being down to earth and taking the time..................:Love: :D

Gigi and Simon, thanks for imprinting you morals and standards within your daughter, so that she can then pass them onto us..............xxxxxxxx

Wow Philippa - thank you:Love: ... I'm coming over all shy! :o :o but thank you for your very kind words... plus all of you who have commented. Muchas Grazias :Love: :Love: :Love:

Latest posts

Back