Geeks - What's your most popular hair extension technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trained with lush us in both Micro and prebonded, my personal choice is Micro!

Feel so much more confident in fitting them, only problem i am having is hair at the moment!!I like Hairplanet for a classic range but need a premium and delux range really.......

I have just done my micro rings course and I loved doing the application and very happy with the results on the model. However I had some in mine so I knew what it was like, and I am finding it quite uncomfortable. It seems that where the hair has been bonded at the tip it is digging into my scalp. I certainly can't wear my hair up without feeling like the hell raiser guy with pins all over his head!

I went for Beauty Works 140 gram hair which is gorgeous but after the 1st wash it has gone quite dry.

What do you experienced technicians think? Any advice is much appreciated.

Our most popular methods both in salon and on our courses are:

1. Pre Bonded Cold Fusion
  2. Micro Rings
  3. Pre Bonded Hot Fusion
  4. Shrinkies

hiya,

I do each individual bond as I apply the hair. I trained with Racoon Internation and found it is the best application on the market.

No damage to your hair and can reuse the hair again and again and can get atleast 6 months out the hair.

What prebonded systems do you use, as I want to widen myself and offer both?

Thanks Jem

When you say you do each individual bond as you apply the hair - do you mean with a glue gun and loose hair to make your own bonds?

yes im also confused with this.. i think racoon is this method studio58? which is great for mixing colours and is cheaper as you can use wefts... negative i believe is you get quite a bit of shedding. With pre bonded you dont get the shedding x

I'm considering the cold fusion method as this seems to solve all issues.

No heat, no uncomfortable rings. Still glue though but keratin based which is safe for the hair.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm considering the cold fusion method as this seems to solve all issues.

No heat, no uncomfortable rings. Still glue though but keratin based which is safe for the hair.

What are your thoughts on this?

The glue is normal glue its not made from keratin x

The pre bonded hair is normal glue? I thought it was made from keratin?

Does anyone know whether this is the case?

Keratin is the protein hair is built of. This can't be glue. Keratin glue means that it is glue that bonds to keratin because just keratin would not just bond to hair.

I've always have pre-bonded or had the hair cut from a weft, dipped in glue and attached directly to my own hair and have had no issues with shedding using either. I found that the second way stayed in longer. Just had micro-rings done (first time) and have had 5 slip out in the first week. Is it usual for them not to last as long as being glued in?

Thanks!

Hey, micro rings are great but unfortunately are not best suited for everyone! Especially if you have fine hair/oily hair? If my clients are fair and fine hair i tell them to avoid and stick to prebonded x

I've always have pre-bonded or had the hair cut from a weft, dipped in glue and attached directly to my own hair and have had no issues with shedding using either. I found that the second way stayed in longer. Just had micro-rings done (first time) and have had 5 slip out in the first week. Is it usual for them not to last as long as being glued in?

Thanks!

The pre bonded hair is normal glue? I thought it was made from keratin?

Does anyone know whether this is the case?

It will be a polyamide thermoplastic not such thing as a keratin adhesive

I wear seamless extensions because they lay flat against my head and I don't have to sit for hours and hours having them applied and stuff :D

Micro rings all the rage up here in Lancashire at the moment :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is fusion then micro rings I much prefer fusion myself as I just think they look nicer / less noticeable.

I get a lot of clients enquire about micro rings and then when I go through the application methods with them they prefer Pre bonded.

As an extensions wearer myself I have had the racoon loose hair and I hated it, shed lots and lots / just didn't work for me so I am Pre bonded for life!!

I am thinking of training in cold fusion though, reviews anyone?

Latest posts

Back