Geeks - What's your most popular hair extension technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Mine is micro ring although i still find many ppl havent heard of this method! :rolleyes:
Whats your popular methods? To thought it would be nice to compare :lol:

Microrings! I have alot of clients asking for glue ins but i i explain about micro rings they usually convert!x

Thats the same with me Lush! I do think its down to them now knowing about them x

Yeah its same with new clients too when i explain how its done they say theyve never heard of them! So strange when your doing it everyday! I did have a girl a couple of weeks ago phone me and she thought we extensed hair literally strand by strand gluing hair to the ends!! No idea how i managed not to laugh!x

:lol:haha thats hillarious! you did very well!

Hi sorry to jump in on the thread but can I ask why you prefer micro rings? Just curious as I prefer bonded and im just plain nosey lol xx

No probs thats what this place is hear for! I chose to train in micro rings because i think 'glue' scares ppl off. Even though the glue is made up of natural substances i dont think alot of ppl realise this. I didnt untill i started doing them. I had glue done ages ago before i fitted hair and had a bad exoerience which put me off a little. In hine sight looking back with what i know today i probably didnt give them enough TLC! I also chose it as my first method because i thought there is last chance of me harming someone haha!:Grope: It was my first time into the business world so i took an easier route to start with..i knowi know!
saying all that i have now become very confident in the micro ring and i do love it, however i find its not that great with thin hair. I myself have rings and its very hard to stop them showing!:rolleyes: after recent research i found that the pre-bonded were alot better for this type of client. So iv booked in with Lush Us and doing the course in a few weeks. so excited!
I think each method has its positives and negatives? x

No probs thats what this place is hear for! I chose to train in micro rings because i think 'glue' scares ppl off. Even though the glue is made up of natural substances i dont think alot of ppl realise this. I didnt untill i started doing them. I had glue done ages ago before i fitted hair and had a bad exoerience which put me off a little. In hine sight looking back with what i know today i probably didnt give them enough TLC! I also chose it as my first method because i thought there is last chance of me harming someone haha!:Grope: It was my first time into the business world so i took an easier route to start with..i knowi know!
saying all that i have now become very confident in the micro ring and i do love it, however i find its not that great with thin hair. I myself have rings and its very hard to stop them showing!:rolleyes: after recent research i found that the pre-bonded were alot better for this type of client. So iv booked in with Lush Us and doing the course in a few weeks. so excited!
I think each method has its positives and negatives? x

Yea your right both have pros and cons. I think micro rings are good because if the hair is well looked after they can be re used(in the same client obviously eeww lol). But yea I find bonds easier to hide etc basically what you've just said lol xx

im glad you agree! im excited for my pre bonded course now :) always good to have options x

my most popular is

shrinkies

then

micro rings

then

prebonded

Ah interesting.. is shrinkies the little clear tubes that you apply heat to?x

Jumping in here how do you remove shrinkies?

I've never liked shrinking but havnt really given them a chance. Don't you one they stay in less than pre bonded Denise?

Hi
I love them and they are more popular than anything else with my clients. I think it depends on what shrinkie your using, I have an adhesive lined inside that is really good, it's got an outer thicker wall and shrinks down to a hold a really small tip, they don't split either when the connector is held on longer than usual.

To remove a full head of shrinkies, I remove by putting the heat connector on all the shrinkies, there is a bit or residue left on the hair and. Use the balmain remap gun to remove the residue, takes about one hour to an hour and half.

I loved the shrinkies as well but found they didnt stay in long. Would be keen to try the adhesive lined ones on myself, where do you get these lancashirelass? if you dont mind me asking?

These do sound interesting! might have to look into these x

Am I right in thinking shrinkies are the see through tubes that are melted to the stick tip? Or are you guys thinking shrinkies are the thin metal micro tubes?

Shrinkies are the see through tubes, not the metal tubes.

I loved the shrinkies as well but found they didnt stay in long. Would be keen to try the adhesive lined ones on myself, where do you get these lancashirelass? if you dont mind me asking?

I sell these to many hair extension technicians

If you want some let me know

Denise

Last edited:
Definitely Micro Ring, I initially trained in the glue methods about 8 years ago, Micro ring are such a difference, less mess and minimal damage x

Latest posts

Back