Geeks you miss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread Stewie!:wink2:

I can see this thread going south very fast........

.....someone spoke some words of wisdom on page 1! Lol 😉

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Modding is always a hard, grey area to manage. I agree, there are plenty here that I would prefer not to be, but I am sure (based on your experience managing large sites like this) that you can empathise that it isn't always so cut and dry.

I totally agree it isn't so cut and dry BUT with the RIGHT selection of mods I have never had the issues I see you suffering and often daily.
once you have the right team behind you the rest is easy..

We picket for banter, yet get touchy over "Village of the banned"? Seems a little... trollish to me (look! another name called! SHOTS FIRED!). I don't understand your second point. Especially about the length of time you have been building sites. Less than .01% of the site (non spammers) has ever been banned.

banter is something shared, kinda loses the feel of name calling fun when the only one laughing is the poster!!
trollish hahah now THAT made me laugh, are they short and fat cause that would deff be me :) maaaaan my ribs are cracking here :D
I forgot what I posted as a second point, unless its there in the quote I can't remember.. sorry. but hey if you don't understand it and I cant remember it it cant be all that bad huh?

Thanks... I don't see how members who have registered and activated their account, yet haven't posted is of any relevance or importance though.

because the main thing some mods bang on about is how many members this site has, ok ok so its not something I have seen you say about but it is well known that it is mentioned about how large and successful this site is, my point is that numbers aren't really important if you have kept all the non posters since the site was first built, it really doesn't add up to such a massive moving site when you see that more of the numbers are voyers than actual members.. still with me?
basicly put, there is no relevance or importance, it was just a mere observation

I totally agree it isn't so cut and dry BUT with the RIGHT selection of mods I have never had the issues I see you suffering and often daily.
once you have the right team behind you the rest is easy..

Agree with the sentiment that with the right team, it is easier - but disagree that it is ever easy. We take actions from our decisions very seriously. If that is suffering, we do so happily. Hence the very low, selective ban count that has suddenly become sensationalised to the degree Daily Mail may start posting (for tips).

because the main thing some mods bang on about is how many members this site has, ok ok so its not something I have seen you say about but it is well known that it is mentioned about how large and successful this site is, my point is that numbers aren't really important if you have kept all the non posters since the site was first built, it really doesn't add up to such a massive moving site when you see that more of the numbers are voyers than actual members.. still with me?
basicly put, there is no relevance or importance, it was just a mere observation

The metric important to me is not the amount of registered users, but the amount of visitors to the site and the quality of engagement. We have (literally) hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every month here. Far more than are registered (or will register). What is important to me is that what they see is content where professionals are engaging one another in a friendly, fun, constructive manner.

... not reinforcing the stereotype so many professionals are plagued with.

What you type isn't to the person above you... it is for the thousands that will read your words over the next 12 years we truck on for.

HTHs!

Forgive me, i've been away in the village of the banned for a while and have missed a few things.

I must ask while you're here Mr Geek, what was it about XXX that made you think 'Oh yes, now there's someone id like to represent my site!' Was it the delightful way she speaks about others on the forum? Her snide remarks to other geeks? Or just her general bitchy attitude overall?

Clearly you weren't available for your well constructed, positive contributions?

Should I be waving at the Village invasion right about now? Are you guys all so seriously concerned about what happens somewhere you don't want to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly you weren't available for your well constructed, positive contributions?

Should I be waving at the Village invasion right about now? Are you guys all so seriously concerned about what happens somewhere you don't want to be?

Clearly that wasn't the criteria this time.

I don't think there's an invasion, all is safe here. Also, i thoroughly enjoy my time here. What ever gave you the impression that i didn't? :suprised:

I'm guessing this will sound very stupid but what is the village of the banned? Xx

Agree with the sentiment that with the right team, it is easier - but disagree that it is ever easy. We take actions from our decisions very seriously. If that is suffering, we do so happily. Hence the very low, selective ban count that has suddenly become sensationalised to the degree Daily Mail may start posting (for tips).

you have banned folk but kept bullies on, that makes no sense in serious decisions to be, but again I remind myself it is your site.
im sure the daily mail wont be posting for tips, afterall where in their qualifications does it say they belong in the beauty trade? of are you allowing all and sundry in now?
:twisted:

The metric important to me is not the amount of registered users, but the amount of visitors to the site and the quality of engagement. We have (literally) hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every month here. Far more than are registered (or will register). What is important to me is that what they see is content where professionals are engaging one another in a friendly, fun, constructive manner.

... not reinforcing the stereotype so many professionals are plagued with.

What you type isn't to the person above you... it is for the thousands that will read your words over the next 12 years we truck on for.

but we aren't allowed to post to the person above us... it is banged on about personal replies are to be posting in PMs.. im expecting a telling off soon for our broken rules here and now ;)
how about putting the chit chat area to private and professionals only then to stop the learning or the voyers from seeing any fun that could be had in their newly thought about chosen trade, we don't want them to think that techs of any kind laugh and have fun, banter with each other or anything else of that ilk... actually reading some of the business site stuff or even some of the hair stuff is totally not a place I would freely send some folk too, some of the replies in there are past harsh.. anyway I digress.
whoever reads this site, this page, these comments and all other things on this forum will see folk doing what folk do.. talking, laughing, falling out, getting over it and sharing... at least they will if you allow it in the place that is supposed to be the staff room, a free place to chat, vent and have fun.

HTHs!
thanks, I hope I helped you too!!

part of caring is sharing.

I'm guessing this will sound very stupid but what is the village of the banned? Xx

It's where nuns escape the convent and go to a village :)

ok... edit to address open points made while I was writing...

you have banned folk but kept bullies on, that makes no sense in serious decisions to be, but again I remind myself it is your site.
im sure the daily mail wont be posting for tips, afterall where in their qualifications does it say they belong in the beauty trade? of are you allowing all and sundry in now?

We have banned bullies and some still remain, but are squirmy to pin down.
No idea what to make of your Daily Mail comment.

but we aren't allowed to post to the person above us... it is banged on about personal replies are to be posting in PMs.. im expecting a telling off soon for our broken rules here and now

Huh?

how about putting the chit chat area to private and professionals only then to stop the learning or the voyers from seeing any fun that could be had in their newly thought about chosen trade, we don't want them to think that techs of any kind laugh and have fun, banter with each other or anything else of that ilk... actually reading some of the business site stuff or even some of the hair stuff is totally not a place I would freely send some folk too, some of the replies in there are past harsh.. anyway I digress.

Again: Huh? Explain to me how to accomplish this? Also why I would? This isn't a site devoted to professional banter, its devoted to professional development. Use Facebook or one of your other sites for that.

whoever reads this site, this page, these comments and all other things on this forum will see folk doing what folk do.. talking, laughing, falling out, getting over it and sharing... at least they will if you allow it in the place that is supposed to be the staff room, a free place to chat, vent and have fun.

Yup. But (hopefully) not read the mean, sardonic, bitchy stuff that people feel entitled to write if it strikes their fancy. That is what the team is here for.

Edit** back to my regularly scheduled closure:

A group of members that were banned. I am sure you will get a PM now inviting you.

Clearly that wasn't the criteria this time.

I don't think there's an invasion, all is safe here. Also, i thoroughly enjoy my time here. What ever gave you the impression that i didn't? :suprised:

And clearly I think it is safe to say the fun has been had. Points have been made. And all is well in the world.

Time to lock this baby and throw away the key. Sleep in blissful peace all :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back