Geeky Waxing Workshop LUNCH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Reaction score
For those attending the Geeky Waxing Workshop on 9th July, it has been suggested by the lovely Amy that we have informal nibbles during the lunchbreak, so that folks from both morning and afternoon sessions have the opportunity to meet each other.

This is a lovely idea and I'm more than happy for it to happen, but I'm not sure what the best plan is. I'm sure Thalgo wouldn't mind popping out to grab us sandwiches and drinks, but obviously that would incur a cost for those attending. People could bring their own lunch, or everyone could each bring a selection of nibbly bits, but then it starts getting complicated.

As you can probably tell, I'm hopeless at organising these sorts of things (this is the man that arranged his own birthday picnic for the wrong day!!) so I'm going to leave it to you folks to sort out if you want to do something along these lines. There is a kitchen area and fridge at the training venue, which we are welcome to use.

Over to you... :D

Andy x

P.S. For anyone sitting there thinking "what the heck is a Geeky Waxing Workshop?"... click here!

I've just been on the Wetherspoons website and the nearest Spoons is 0.8 of a mile away.....so that's a possibility, but I'm sure there'll be pubs serving good (cheap!) food much closer than that.

Bringing our own nibbly bits is a good idea too though....but do you reckon we'll cram 20 geeks into the Thalgo kitchen/training room? I think we'd have a cool time in a pub.....what better way to meet everyone than over a nice glass of red....I mean coke....and a big plate of chips.....

Anyway, let's see what all the other geek wax-workshoppers think.....

(P.S....I'm Andy's PA/Spatula Dispenser for the day, and he has discreetly asked me via PM to let all workshoppers know that upon greeting WaxMan himself, you must initially address him as "WaxMan, the Ball Barber of Basingstoke" and from then on as either "Your Majesty" or "Sir". Curtsying is optional.)

Man, how did I miss this !!

Will you be having another workshop sometime ?? Would have loved to come :cry::cry:

Marlise

I've just been on the Wetherspoons website and the nearest Spoons is 0.8 of a mile away.....so that's a possibility, but I'm sure there'll be pubs serving good (cheap!) food much closer than that.

Problem is we only have 1 hour between sessions hun...

Bringing our own nibbly bits is a good idea too though....but do you reckon we'll cram 20 geeks into the Thalgo kitchen/training room?

Yes, it'll be a squeeze but we'll manage!

(P.S....I'm Andy's PA/Spatula Dispenser for the day, and he has discreetly asked me via PM to let all workshoppers know that upon greeting WaxMan himself, you must initially address him as "WaxMan, the Ball Barber of Basingstoke" and from then on as either "Your Majesty" or "Sir". Curtsying is optional.)

You, young lady, are a mischief-maker!! :D :lol:

Andy x

Man, how did I miss this !!

Will you be having another workshop sometime ?? Would have loved to come :cry::cry:

Marlise

Don't worry Marlise, if this one is a hit we'll run another workshop before the end of summer :)

Andy x

Im sure i could bring a bottle of champagne,and croissants,a selection of cheeses,and ill get so plasteredit wont be Richards back ill be waxing:eek::eek::green:

No seriously ill bring some food along if we are eating in the kitchen.

Its a shame we dont have longer for lunch....geez you british dont know how to lunch,us French take at least 2 hours off for lunch:rolleyes::)

Sounds great if i was on the morning workshop but im in the afternoon so for me its not a great idea !!! drink and wax do not mix lol. plus an hours not long and before you know it food order is in and time to go!!!

great idea though

I think nibbles or own lunch at thalgos is a better option considering time scale.

counting down the days as we speak
wax on !!!!!

i'm quite happy to bring something along food wise, it won't be majorly exciting as it has to survive the trip up:) Champagne and croissants sound fab, my favourite!:green: wouldn't trust my wax skills after that though!!:lol: Have to say i'm getting a little nervous about meeting everyone, not only that but i'll be super hairy by then too!!!:eek: Missing my cropped trousers at work!

Sorry folks i cant stay for lunch will ahve to shoot back to do school pick up x Andy can you email me directions please from nearest tube thansk

lucia x

Ok, for anyone thats nervous about meeting for the afternoon session, how about we meet up together first so calm us down lol.

Maybe the tube station so we can all walk to thalgo together so we dont get lost.

By the way i will be the blonde hairy gorilla waiting at the tube entrance lol.

Ok, here's a suggestion:

Andy, as you don't want to organise it, why not pass contact details of everyone attending on to Amy and she can coordinate it. (Hope you don't mind, Amy!! :))
Then Amy, maybe you could email everyone and ask them if they would like to be involved and what they would like to bring. Then you'd have an idea if we've got too much of one thing and not enough of something else, and can contact some people and ask them to change what they're bringing. If you ask for a response by a certain date then it shouldn't be too difficult to do as it won't be left till the last minute.

Just a suggestion, please feel free to ignore it!!

Since Andy is kindly doing this free of charge, I think I can splash out and bring along a sandwich platter and some orange juice.

I'll be happy to do what I'm told - over to you Amy! xxx:hug:

I am so jealous:mad:

....why not pass contact details of everyone attending on to Amy and she can coordinate it.....

I\\'ll be happy to do what I\\'m told - over to you Amy!

Mwa ha ha ha.....do you know what you're letting yourselves in for....?:D

Erm.....let's see what Andy says....;)

Mwa ha ha ha.....do you know what you\'re letting yourselves in for....?:D

Erm.....let\'s see what Andy says....;)

Apparently not...
It was only a suggestion Amy, feel free to tell me to bog off if you like! :biggrin:

Apparently not...
It was only a suggestion Amy, feel free to tell me to bog off if you like! :biggrin:

Oh I wasn't being arsey! I love being in charge :D

I'd quite happily organise foodie issues, as long as Andy's okay with it....and you all like Tennants Super and Wotsits.....:wink2: :lol:

I'd quite happily organise foodie issues, as long as Andy's okay with it....and you all like Tennants Super and Wotsits.....:wink2: :lol:

Goodness yes, I'm happy to pass it all on to someone else to sort out, I'm rubbish at things like that. Probably best to contact folks through their Geek IDs, Amy, as I don't have permission to dish out email addresses (sorry if that sounds really daft, but I don't want to risk treading on anyone's toes!). The Geek IDs for everyone except Vanessa are on the Hot Wax thread here, hope that's okay.

Thanks for sorting that out *mwah* :D xx

Can I have Skips instead of Wotsits please?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

By the time my train gets in and I try to navigate the underground I doubt very much that I will be there in time to shaare a lunch:rolleyes: But if anyone would like to leave some Wotsits (or Skips) I'd be very grateful!! :lick: lol!!

I am so jealous:mad:
Im with you here I have just done some waxing training and love it you will have to head up to us some time soon :Love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back