gel /acrylic overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score

can somebody help me please i want to know how other nail tech do an overlay of acrylic/gels on the natural nail? mine never seem to last long they lift quite a lot,i use creative/fusion and have tried the acrygel would much appreciate any ones input:cry:

Lifting is usually down to either insufficient prep or soft tissue contact, where do you get the lifting?

For a NNO use a form so that you take the product over the free edge, this helps to cap the nail and prevents zone 1 lifting.

hth's

do your nails last when doing tip and overlay....?

NNO requite the same prep and same application...all thats different is taking a bit time on capping the free edge.

Just think of the natural free edge as you would your blended tip.

do your nails last when doing tip and overlay....?

NNO requite the same prep and same application...all thats different is taking a bit time on capping the free edge.

Just think of the natural free edge as you would your blended tip.

Hi, Bagpuss,

Do you still have to build up the apex in zone 2 and thinner in zone 1, especially if you are using a white tip?

Thanx in advance. :)

Lifting is usually down to either insufficient prep or soft tissue contact, where do you get the lifting?

For a NNO use a form so that you take the product over the free edge, this helps to cap the nail and prevents zone 1 lifting.

hth's

I've read this idea before. Do you actually put a form on every nail for a NNO? I can see how that would really help with capping, but doesn't it take a lot of extra time? thx!

I've read this idea before. Do you actually put a form on every nail for a NNO? I can see how that would really help with capping, but doesn't it take a lot of extra time? thx!
Yes, one form for each nail, you're then guaranteed that every nail is capped :green:
It doesn't really take that much time to fit the forms.

Yes, one form for each nail, you're then guaranteed that every nail is capped :green:

Ok thanks for that. I have a few clients who get the corner lifting off of a nail or two before 3 wks are up - will definitely try that.

I have never heard of that before, but it makes so much sense! :o
Thank you, I will be trying that next time!!! :)

Hi, Bagpuss,

Do you still have to build up the apex in zone 2 and thinner in zone 1, especially if you are using a white tip?

Thanx in advance. :)

it depends on the length of the nails....if they are short then i don't build an apex as such i just do a additional layer of gel in zone 2 and 1....if they are long NNO's then yes i would build the product up more to strengthen the stress area.

I find this area by pushing down on the free edge, the area that goes white it where the nail would break and so this is the area i would build up.

As for zone 1...yes this would also be about the same as with Tip and overlay....the tip thickness is replaced by the natural nail thickness at the free edge. I have found that working too thin in this area can cause the gel to crack, as the natural nail is more flexible than gel. HTH

Latest posts

Back