Gel/acrylic/Plexigel? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie3384

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hope you’re all well. I use CND shellac and CND vinylux but I’m thinking of offering overlays... I’d have to go and receive training first, which I’m happy to do.

But the world of gel/acyrlic is new to me and I’d not know where to start? I’ve looked into Plexigel and CND brisa and also L&P but I really don't know which to go with.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you’re offering CND Shellac I would go with the same brand, Brisa is a fab product and does not cling to the brush as much as other gels. I initially chose nsi for my acrylic as there is no strong smell although have since switched as it was starting to make me itch.

Hi everyone

Hope you’re all well. I use CND shellac and CND vinylux but I’m thinking of offering overlays... I’d have to go and receive training first, which I’m happy to do.

But the world of gel/acyrlic is new to me and I’d not know where to start? I’ve looked into Plexigel and CND brisa and also L&P but I really don't know which to go with.

Thanks!
Hi, I use CND Shellac, then for those who want extra length or longer wear put Brisa hard gel underneath. Its good stuff and I would recommend it. Easy to use, but I do like the sound of Plexigel with it having the brush in the bottle (how convenient) and it can be soaked off so I'm just looking into it and would also be interested to hear opinions of anyone who's already tried it.

I tried a trial size of CND L&P and it gave a very strong result but personally I think L&P is the hardest to master and also not suitable for my salon due to the smell as I do massage and facials too. Not very relaxing to come in and smell strong nail products or have to leave such a gap between clients to ventilate the room for ages.

Latest posts

Back