gel and acrylic brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
The other day I was asked to help out a newly trained tech as she was having problems. I gladely did it but was shocked, she has been using her acrylic brush to apply gel! She asked why this was not ok, I was so flabbergasted I didnt know what to say. You do get sable gel brushes aswell so how do I explain this to her?

Hi , I wouldn't dream of using my sable brush with gel ,
I would have been shocked too :eek:

I have always thought that sable would be far too soft to work with and far too expensive .
They are made specially to hold the monomer in the belly of the brush.

I think my gel brush is made from Kankelon a type of white nylon fibre which is quite a bit firmer than sable and these gel brushes are a lot cheaper .

So she would be far better just buying a good gel brush which are not so expensive :hug: x

I know technicians who love using an oval sable brush to apply gel .. I mean it's possible to apply gel with a toothpick if you want to .... However I would not advocate using the SAME brush with gel as I use with monomer.

I know technicians who love using an oval sable brush to apply gel .. I mean it's possible to apply gel with a toothpick if you want to .... However I would not advocate using the SAME brush with gel as I use with monomer.

Hi thank you all for the advice. I just can't seem to get this girl to understand. She keeps asking if you get a sable acrylic brush and you can purchase a sable gel brush what is the diffrence??? I have explained about the shape, belly ect, but its like talking to a brick wall

Latest posts

Back