Gel and polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn'sManicures

Reaction score
Hi all :)
I wanted to ask you all if any of you have tried sandwiching normal polish between gel ?
I use opi so much but having issues it lasting :!:
I look forward to all your responses
Thanks
Take Care
Dawn

Hi I have used normal nail polish then once it's dryed I've put my gelish top coat over and cured under my lamp that has lasted at least 2 weeks no chips :)

Cool can I ask did you use the gel base then polish ?
How long did you leave the nail polish to dry?
Thanks
Dawn

Sorry for late reply no I didn't use base coat Well u normaly need to coats with nail polish all depends what polish u use as some dry quicker but I would wait at least 15/20mins to make sure it is bone dry otherwise it will just come off as u put gel top coat on hope that helps just try it x

There is a brand called Chroma where you can mix your own nail varnishes into a gel :)

There is a brand called Chroma where you can mix your own nail varnishes into a gel :)

Very cool

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Sorry for late reply no I didn't use base coat Well u normaly need to coats with nail polish all depends what polish u use as some dry quicker but I would wait at least 15/20mins to make sure it is bone dry otherwise it will just come off as u put gel top coat on hope that helps just try it x

Thanks

I have managed to make it work using gellux :)

Now I need to test it with konad stamps :D

I've not tried that,was the nail posh ok under the gellux?

I've done sandwiches using China Glaze, OPI, and various indie polishes - on my own nails only. They have all lasted a full 2 weeks if I use a gel basecoat and a gel topcoat. I do not use them professionally nor charge for them. Your technique might be at fault if yours are not lasting....

I've not tried that,was the nail posh ok under the gellux?

Yep it lasted just under 2 weeks :D

I could have been better with the gel top coat I think it may have lasted longer :D

try magamix with normal polish 1 bottle everything else

Latest posts

Back