Gel blotchiness mystery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally any UV coat that is so tempremental (like brisa) i will not use over l&p..theres nothing worse than worrying if you have contaminated the surface or your files grit is just right...the client (and you) deserves a product thats fuss free.
Make sure you stock up on your regular topcoat!

Personally any UV coat that is so tempremental (like brisa) i will not use over l&p..theres nothing worse than worrying if you have contaminated the surface or your files grit is just right...the client (and you) deserves a product thats fuss free.
Make sure you stock up on your regular topcoat!

Have to say that there is nothing temperamental about it - just learning how to use it properly as you would with any new product. Also, you have to ensure that you use the right grit files no matter what part of the procedure you are at, so I don't really see the problem .... but it's all horses for courses.

Have to say that there is nothing temperamental about it - just learning how to use it properly as you would with any new product. Also, you have to ensure that you use the right grit files no matter what part of the procedure you are at, so I don't really see the problem .... but it's all horses for courses.

*slides up and sits on the bench with sassy*

I'm with u on this one, its nothing to do with BRISA, and its not a tempremental gel lol, its one of the best out there, like anything you just have to know how to use it right! :idea:

Or the ones that are talking to you animatedly and take their hand out of the UV Light and you're waving and yelling at them to PUT THEIR HAND BACK IN!!!! And they look at you and go, oops oh yeah!
How True!! LOL not just my clients that do this then, Sass? :lol:

*slides up and sits on the bench with sassy*

I'm with u on this one, its nothing to do with BRISA, and its not a tempremental gel lol, its one of the best out there, like anything you just have to know how to use it right! :idea:
well girls, compared to the ease of intense seal, it sure is! My gloss doesnt demand i use it "correctly". :)
I dont have the time or patience to use it "correctly" as it demands..it aint the only gloss out there:lol: And it doesnt have a tacky layer either.:idea:

Well it really does show it's horses for courses because I bought a bottle of Intense Seal as I'd heard so much about it. It's the only Finishing Gloss I'd had so many problems with and I wouldn't bother iwith it again. Great that we have a choice, but don't damn a product just because you personally don't get on with it!

I dont have the time or patience to use it "correctly" as it demands

Oh well thats your choice but its still no reflection on the Gel or range or brand, if you dont want to use it properly u cant blame the gel!

Well it really does show it's horses for courses because I bought a bottle of Intense Seal as I'd heard so much about it. It's the only Finishing Gloss I'd had so many problems with and I wouldn't bother iwith it again. Great that we have a choice, but don't damn a product just because you personally don't get on with it!
:confused: Isn't that exactly what you are doing also???

Oh well thats your choice but its still no reflection on the Gel or range or brand, if you dont want to use it properly u cant blame the gel!
My point is it demands very precise use and prep for a good finish. Theres nothing worse than my clients hand coming out of the lamp imperfect, causing me to have to redo and run late.
I follow everything to the tee but it still does not give a consistently perfect result everytime.
My intense seal is a much thinner product, no tacky layer and doesnt need to be handled with kid gloves..and it cures under any lamp.
For me it always delivers a perfect result, each and everytime.
(and yes i use the brisa lamp for the brisa)
So lets all untwist our knickers and stick to what we personally get on with.

This is one of the major causes of patchiness with UV Finishing gels. I have to say I have NEVER used Scrubfresh (or equivalent) between the final buff over and applying the Gloss. You've already scrubfreshed before applying your bonder layer anyway, so there isn't really any need for it IMO. But if you feel you need to then yes you must wait for it to dry fully before gloss application.

I only cleanse if i've had to refine the surface to get rid of the dust, etc. as per the instructions. But since leaving it enough time to dry no longer have problems. x

Latest posts

Back