Gel Bottle prices for training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
I’ve just gone into the gel bottle website to look for a conversion course for gel polish as they have recently done educator training. I’m gob smacked as a conversion course is nearly £600! Haha. I’m CND trained and a conversion course with CND was so much cheaper! And they’re a world wide brand!!
What does everyone think of this?
Thanks.

What exactly is a conversion course?

What exactly is a conversion course?

When u are already trained in something but want to be trained to use a different product. Eg. Trained in Gelish but would like to be trained in Gel Bottle.

When u are already trained in something but want to be trained to use a different product. Eg. Trained in Gelish but would like to be trained in Gel Bottle.

I see. So it sounds like that course is a scam. Really, you cant charge people that much especially when they are just starting out with no money.

I actually have an ebook that will explain everything you need to know about gel polish. Let me know if you are interested and i can email it to you

I see. So it sounds like that course is a scam. Really, you cant charge people that much especially when they are just starting out with no money.

I actually have an ebook that will explain everything you need to know about gel polish. Let me know if you are interested and i can email it to you

A system specific conversation course is the correct way to move between systems, CND provide the same type of course for those who wish to change to their products, as do most of the professional brands. Its the correct place to learn the individual 'tips and tricks' for that particular brand. In the UK you cannot purchase CND L&P unless you have trained with them or at least undertaken a conversion course with them

A system specific conversation course is the correct way to move between systems, CND provide the same type of course for those who wish to change to their products, as do most of the professional brands. Its the correct place to learn the individual 'tips and tricks' for that particular brand. In the UK you cannot purchase CND L&P unless you have trained with them or at least undertaken a conversion course with them

That’s what I was trying to explain. Thankyou.

However, my question was the costing from a relatively new company (Gel Bottle Inc). I am a CND acrylic girl. And did a conversion course many years ago to be trained by the best company (at the time). But I don’t know how Gel Bottle inc can justify charging nearly £600 for a gel conversion course. Madness [emoji848]

Only courses from cnd can be trusted.

Only courses from cnd can be trusted.
Unless you have personally been on all the other brands' courses how can you be qualified to make this statement? You are belittling everyone else who has trained anywhere other than with CND.

Unless you have personally been on all the other brands' courses how can you be qualified to make this statement? You are belittling everyone else who has trained anywhere other than with CND.

Well unless you know what I know, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

CND is the only nail manufacturer that is trustworthy. OPI is the second. They spend money on quality and on safety. They don't lie or deceive the public with false information. But again, you wouldnt know that unless you are me.

A little eye opener for you, it is not just the nail industry. This type of deceiving behavior is everywhere when it comes to manufacturing.

Well unless you know what I know, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

CND is the only nail manufacturer that is trustworthy. OPI is the second. They spend money on quality and on safety. They don't lie or deceive the public with false information. But again, you wouldnt know that unless you are me.

A little eye opener for you, it is not just the nail industry. This type of deceiving behavior is everywhere when it comes to manufacturing.

Sorry but I don’t think I can hold your opinion in that high a regard when on another thread you are advising people to peel off gel polish rather than soak, going against everything that CND train!?

That’s what I was trying to explain. Thankyou.

However, my question was the costing from a relatively new company (Gel Bottle Inc). I am a CND acrylic girl. And did a conversion course many years ago to be trained by the best company (at the time). But I don’t know how Gel Bottle inc can justify charging nearly £600 for a gel conversion course. Madness [emoji848]

I to am a CND trained tech, and I still wholeheartedly believe I had the best training available, but it was extremely expensive. That's fine, I knew I was investing me, my skills and my business with the best company in the world at that time. Proven over and over again with industry awards for training.

Whilst The Gel Bottle products may be excellent (I'm seeing mixed reviews) they have no track history of training provision and it seems as though they are jumping on the 'expensive = good' bandwagon that inexperienced newbies may fall for. £600 for a conversion is extortionate, a conversion should only take a day, you should already have a qualification under your belt to take a conversion so no need for that kind of cost.

DOes the £600 include a comprehensive kit? A lamp, prep/removal products & colours can easily come to £2/300,
I think my Calgel conversion cost me around £400 but that had one of the best start up kits included that Ive ever had & was 2 days..

What does the £600 get you? Xx

DOes the £600 include a comprehensive kit? A lamp, prep/removal products & colours can easily come to £2/300,
I think my Calgel conversion cost me around £400 but that had one of the best start up kits included that Ive ever had & was 2 days..

What does the £600 get you? Xx

I’m not sure. But I’ve done conversion courses before and prefer to buy my own products. I’ve bought a lot of gel bottle stock so don’t need anything else. I guess I will have to wait to see what’s included and then decide. Thanks.

Sorry but I don’t think I can hold your opinion in that high a regard when on another thread you are advising people to peel off gel polish rather than soak, going against everything that CND train!?

hey, do me a favor and don't reply to me until you've developed some intelligence.

hey, do me a favor and don't reply to me until you've developed some intelligence.
And maybe you could do us all a favour and stop posting so many rude, arrogant replies to people's questions please. That's not what this forum is about.

And maybe you could do us all a favour and stop posting so many rude, arrogant replies to people's questions please. That's not what this forum is about.
What did I say?

Annnd my ignore list grows even longer.

Don’t feed the trolls xx

I HAd a look on TGB website & the £600 is for the gel extension conversion course (hard gel i would assume- sculpting & tips perhaps)

The gel polish conversion is still steep imo but is only £395.

Perhaps their new drill is included in the extension course, hence the price?

I reckon most of the cost is for products xx

I HAd a look on TGB website & the £600 is for the gel extension conversion course (hard gel i would assume- sculpting & tips perhaps)

The gel polish conversion is still steep imo but is only £395.

Perhaps their new drill is included in the extension course, hence the price?

I reckon most of the cost is for products xx

Yes for 1/2 day [emoji52]. I’m going to try find out what’s included but it’s still very expensive imo. X

I have a few of their polishes and thought about trying their training however, now that I know the pricing I think I will look elsewhere. They are a new company therefore I can't say how good their training will be. I want to do more training and ideally with a company now I have finished City & Guilds.

Latest posts

Back