Gel brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bird1977

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to purchase a new gel brush, but i am a bit confused about the different sizes what would you suggest I need for Nsi balance gel?

Hi think it's up to personal preference But I use a square #4 and #6

Must say I am pretty disappointed you're all supposed to be nail technicians yet only one person can give me their opinion on a brush, considering all you gel nail techs use them, I think it's quite rude!

When ever I post something in the skin forum I always get a lot of helpful advice, why is the nail forum so different??

Maybe the fact that most nail techs are in bed asleep at this time of night might have something to do with it?

Edit: just noticed you posted this originally a day ago - oops, my bad! ;-)

Just a bit irked as the skin forum is not like this

Try originally posting it during the day hun, or maybe even bumping it during the day time :) lunch time or cob? XxX

Must say I am pretty disappointed you're all supposed to be nail technicians yet only one person can give me their opinion on a brush, considering all you gel nail techs use them, I think it's quite rude!

When ever I post something in the skin forum I always get a lot of helpful advice, why is the nail forum so different??

Ok, firstly I'm not sure this is the way to get people to help hon?

Eg I can't answer your question as I don't use NSI gel, and you asked a specific question. I use CND l&p and Brisa. I think I'm a "so-called nail tech" but don't think I'm rude that I haven't replied?!

I have no idea about the skin forum but on the nail forum we encourage people to speak from experience. Maybe the NSI techs haven't seen your post yet, or maybe your above comment put them off xx

First of all have you done a search? There are 197 threads if you type in "gel brush" comes up.

If you use NSI then ring nsi and ask them to see what brush is best to use for their product.

I have a 5 brush which is perfect for me.

People are busy running their businesses etc so might not always have time to reply to threads and possibly because your question has been asked and answered several times throughout the threads.

If you do not get an instant answer don't be rude. Ring your supplier they will know best.

I'm not rude just don't use that system so can't comment! I'm surprised you got any help to be honest with the way you posted the follow up comment! X

You won't get much help like this hun. The reason people are not replying could be the fact that brushes are such a personal thing, what might work for one won't necessarily work for the other. People could recommend brands when it comes to brushes and people could offer sizes, but at the end of the day it won't actually help you much as you may use it and not like it and find it's too big/small to work with! Unfortunately brushes are an form of trial and error!

Also btw a lot of people in the nails forum are also from the skin forum, so it's not 'nails forum' is rude! People just don't know what to reply hun as it's a question that the response is down to personal preference. Also, I think your follow up comment might mean you might not get anymore help on this question I'm afraid!
I hope you find a brush suitable for you :) x

P.s. one word of advice, if you want help in future, be nice... Don't slate everyone in the forum! Lol

Have a read back through your own comments and i think you will find that it's you thats being rude!!! How do you expect to get any help with such a hostile attitude??? I for one have only just read your post this morning and i would have given you my opinion on the brush to use but now feel that i don't want to help at all. Nail geeks are just as friendly and helpful as any other geeks just give them some respect and they will be there for you!!

As Glamoureyes has said most of us post on the skin forum to, Im not as good and clued up as most on here but one word of advice, dont bite the hand that feeds you! x

Wouldn't you be more disappointed that I comment on a brand I do not use... As a supposed to be nail tech that wouldn't be professional.
This is a busy forum and it prob went down on the list ... Bumping it would've been better..

Guess you getting replies now.... :lick:

Last edited:
Wouldn't you be more disappointed that I comment on a brand I do not use... As a supposed to be nail tech that wouldn't be professional.
This is a busy forum and it prob went down on the list ... Bumping it would've been better..

Guess you getting replies now.... :lick:

It's just a shame it took me to write that to get replies, certainly got your attention now.

I have actually done a search and yes lots of things come up but it's mainly acrylic brushes nothing specific to size of gel brushes at all.

You can feel offended all you like but i do feel the skin forum is a lot more friendlier, just from observing what's going on since I joined.

I just want opinions on gel brush sizes just because you use brisa or balance are you telling me it's really that much different?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a shame it took me to write that to get replies, certainly got your attention now.

You can feel offended all you like but i do feel the skin forum is a lot more friendlier, just from observing what's going on since I joined.

I just want opinions on gel brush sizes just because you use brisa or balance are you telling me it's really that much different?

Woohaa steady on, put your comments to relevant geeks - offended me nah ha ha
Nope dont use brisa or balance.. So dont know the difference,
I'm part of the skin forum too and friendly..Thanks for the compliment.

You said it getting attention now, never mind that hope you get your answer to your question ...

Or are you enjoying this too much now :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can help, I use l&p system

it may be better for you to just get a complete set with different sizes personally i use a (think its called) a master tech gel brush with different sized brushes that you screw on to the actual handle of the brush. i use 2 sometimes 3 different sizes depending on the clients nail size, this is just my preference, if you want to know where i bought mine from just drop me a message :D

You have had 2 replies from dol and myself with regards to what brush we use.

So you have been given 3 choices of brush to pick from. If you need the answer to your question so bad then like I said before ring nsi and see what they recommend to use with their system. They can give you the answers instead of waiting on here, posting silly messages and causing people to annoyed with you.

I myself am also a skin geek. Not everyone knows the answer to your question, just because they are nail geeks and it's down to personal choice. Just because one person uses one brush does not mean it will be suitable to you.

I actually can't believe what I'm reading here!!
People can be so dam rude. I only came across this thread this morning, personally not online after midnight! Gel brushes are personal preference & the search button did help me & as advised above I too got a few different sizes to find which one I prefer. I personally use Harmony square #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back