Gel brushes - to change or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Any idea what the life span of a gel brush is? Should it get changed often?

I got mine with my kit about 9 months ago but have been really using it alot lately and I am just wondering how much good it does the brush to be constantly cleaned with scrub fresh and the like.

I am having difficulty swiping my smile lines with my brush so that they are nice and crisp as then ends of the brush flare out a little, windering if it is time for a new one!

I've had mine for ages and it's none the worse for wear, more than likely because I don't use Scrubfresh to clean it, I just use a lint free wipe to remove any excess gel and pop the lid on it. I ruined an expensive brush by cleaning it with Scrubfresh, it went all fluffy and horrible.

Get yourself a different brush for swiping the smile lines, I use a small one and it does the job just fine.

hth's

I'm still using the gel brush which came with my starter kit, so it's nearly 3 years old. I am always mindful to care for it properly though, wiping it after use and placing it back in its tin or holder.

I agree with Sandy, no Scrubfresh at all.It will fry your bristles as it contains alcohol and Acetone. Just wipe your brush between folded Bounty paper towel and store it away form light.My brushes last me forever ,4-5 years.Even after that I will use them for glitter gels or gel polishes.HTH

Latest posts

Back